Fighting Valis

Vazorath

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Step 1 Preparation. You want a Big Stim, It will be either Strength or Stamina (I have found Stamina Best.) You are going to want a Big Medkit and you are going to want it on a Quickslot. You are going to want all your cool downs ready to go. Get the stim on you before you engage

Step 2 The Entry You are going to want to walk on in to this fight not use your force leap. You are going to want that for later if/when he knocks you back. Open with Zealous Strike for the Focus. Also send poor Kira in as a Sacrificial Lamb. You want her to take the first pounding and pull agro from her along the way.

Step 3 Positioning. See the stack of crates behind him. If you can get your back to that he can’t knock you back.

Step 4 popping your cool downs. I am definitely not the master of this so someone can probably improve on what I am about to tell you. But You want to hit rebuke whenever it is available. You are going to want to hit Blade ward as soon as he starts paying attention to you. Call on the force is best used as soon as Blade Ward finishes and then you can trigger ward again. Personally I don’t pay this much attention and hit Call at the opening of the battle (That is laziness and something I should improve)

Step 5 Managing the big hits. When you see his cast bar start to count you have to hit Force Kick or Force Stasis. This hopefully interrupts his big hitters and saves you a bucket load of pain.

Step 6 Managing your Damage Output Options. This is the hardest part, but when you build up enough points, get Zen running. But as a priority try to have a full Focus Bar when you do this so you can spend up big and make the most out of it. (Nope I am not great at this either)

These are the key elements to taking down big bosses with a Sentinel. And I expect a Night is similar.

• 2 weeks later...
Actually getting really close now. Best tip I is the keep your back to the boxes so you dont go flying, save your leap for when you do get knocked far away, and be sure to interrupt as much as possible. I try to use force stasis before kira dies so I get those extra 3 seconds of her DPS

I never beat this guy. Switched to Sith Sorcerer and never looked back. Based on the difference between the classes (frequency of death), the classes are broken right now (independent of Valis.) Most people in chat will agree. Playing as a Jedi Knight is playing on "hard" mode, so some people like it for that reason.

But there's another thread with practical advice--lots of people say this guy is doable using interrupts. Never helped me.

I tried playing my Jedi Knight again for an hour yesterday and I was dying to several quest "strong" enemies, who still had plenty of health left at the end of the battle. So I quit, since I seriously can't even afford to die anymore after Valis bankrupted me (right before I'm supposed to buy a speeder.)

I'm just waiting for Bioware to fix the game. Maybe Jedi Sentinels need more health or stronger attacks, not sure. Til then I'm playing as Sith Sorcerer.

I was able to beat him last night as 24 Sent. I did try him at 23 and seemed to get face rolled, so i went back to get on level with him. I didnt use any knockback tactics, but I did allow Kira to tank him for a bit while I applied my DoTs and built focus. When Kira died, I had my defensive CDs ready and went to town on him, quick medipac and it was all over but the crying.

I was able to beat him last night as a lvl 25 guardian. It took a few tries, and getting level appropriate gear, and timely use of stun and interrupt. You have to keep him from teeing off on you with his big force abilities. Good luck.

I beat Valis at lv26. I had tried 4 or 5 times at 25 but couldn't quite get him. Had him to maybe 10% and would die. I levelled once, improved my gear, used an endurance stim and trauma medkit. It still took me 2 tries at 26, but got him once I got the interrupts down. It is probably doable at 25 if you watch his cast bars and interrupt religiously.

I switched to T7-01 after the initial fail since he was better geared. Many thanks to other posters, here are the things that I think helped: Lead off with "Force Stasis", put "Guard" on Companion (since they go down first), interrupts are absolutely key, I ran to the left and then behind the boxes to stop me for being pushed all the way across the map, use "Force Leap" to get back to Valis (try to use as an interrupt), make sure all cooldowns are available, use "Saber Wand", then "Call on the Force" to refresh. Hope this helps.

Oh my god.

What a joke. Just beat him at 25 on my second try. The first time I got all turned around and knocked BEHIND the big crate.

Second try was cake. And I even mistimed Force Kick TWICE.

If you are my level or above, this should not even be an issue. I had 74% life left.

Valis is not that bad when you know what to do.

First: Run to him, don't use force leap, use Master Strike and other big damage dealers.

Second: When he throws you back and loads his big assault, use FORCE LEAP to jump back in and interrupt the big attack load.

Third. Use FORCE KICK when you are near and he loads big attack!

You don't really need Call Of The Force or even medpacks if you know what to do! Just let Kira attack him first, use stasis on him and maybe Master Strike, when he loads/tosses you away and loads, use kick or leap. At this point it's maybe good to use Call Of The Force to be sure, but he will be dead in 15 seconds if you know what to do!

I was level 24 sentinel, when I beat him. Had minor problems first, but when got the idea to use LEAP and KICK that way ^^ he was no problem!

Has to be the worst boss I've yet to deal with, going in at lvl 23, this is simply a pain, blow 30k credits now im broke and stranded on the astroid and my gear is broke. This guy needs to be looked into because this isn't close to fun or entertaining on biowares part

Has to be the worst boss I've yet to deal with, going in at lvl 23, this is simply a pain, blow 30k credits now im broke and stranded on the astroid and my gear is broke. This guy needs to be looked into because this isn't close to fun or entertaining on biowares part

1. Send in Kira. Wait till she gets knocked back

2. Force sleep to interupt that Big attack off his.

3. Zealous Cripple throw and cauterize. and stasis. to interupt the attack and stack damage,

4. Strike then master strike. Should force kick.

5. rinse and repeat till he dies.

I was level 26 and tried twice - he totally wiped the floor with me. Came here and followed the advice. Still beat me one more time, but then I bought a ST stim and while it was close I got him on the fourth try. Definitely one of the harder solo bosses I've encountered.

As an aside, I've not found the Sentinel to be under powered at all. My favorite class so far.

Beat this guy on first try, didn't even get below 70% hp. One of the biggest problems I've seen from people is the lack of understanding of class abilities.

It clearly shows (Valis) casting his abilities. At 24? (cant remember) you have 2 abilities that interupt, one of which is on an 8 second cool down, the other is 50 seconds.

This is how you win:

-Send Kira in first, wait like 3-5 seconds.

-Start attacking from BEHIND (you can force leap in, it's not a big deal, I don't agree with this running in stuff)

-Load him up with cripple/cauterize, and blade storm, after an initial zealous strike

-Immediately after you've burned your initial focus, FORCE STASIS him, not only will this allow kira to DPS unhindered but it will tick your focus back up.

-Hit him with a master strike

At this point you probably have agro or kira might be dead or very close

If you gain agro, pop rebuke and saber ward.

Best case scenario is you gain agro before Kira dies because then she can continue to dps.

Make sure you are using your force kick for interupts as it becomes available and is needed. And popping Zen when centering maxes for added damage.

Lightsaber form isn't super important, whichever one you have the skill tree points in.

This strat can help, but really for the people that are trying this guy being lower level than the actual mob are going to have issues regardless of what they do. Anytime you try to take on an elite of higher level it is difficult to say the least.

The best advice really is stop rushing through story quest and do things like heroics and the various planet quests to get some levels before you try to take this guy on.

Or continue banging your head against the wall by trying to kill this guy 2-4 levels lower than him lol.

Valis is a piece of cake compared to what lies ahead.

Oh my god.

What a joke. Just beat him at 25 on my second try. The first time I got all turned around and knocked BEHIND the big crate.

Second try was cake. And I even mistimed Force Kick TWICE.

If you are my level or above, this should not even be an issue. I had 74% life left.

I call Bull***** on this. I'm superbly geared at 25 and can't take him down. Each try costs me $1700 credits, so I'm done until they fix my class.

I call Bull***** on this. I'm superbly geared at 25 and can't take him down. Each try costs me $1700 credits, so I'm done until they fix my class.

Try using force kick and force stasis on him instead of trying to pump out as much damage as possible.