on a PVE server in Ranked gear w augs and STILL can't get a 1000 rating; GJ PVP TEAM

BlackSilverRoar

I'm a well experienced Founder/ Beta Tester on a PVE server and I hate how your team puts out rewards like the Black-Silver color crystal when there is no Silver ones for PVE'ers, meaning: plain Black-Silver or White-Silver. Feeling forced to get this crystal I've been waiting on since the beginning, (as Silver was my fav in KOTOR), I labored to get your ranked gear and augmented all my pieces too, after A TON of time spent on it. I ended up with a rating below 1000 despite being heavily geared and with other well geared players. On my PVE server it's the same old troll guild or two who are fully geared, again and again slaughtering everyone else. It's a rigged system and all you ended up accomplishing from Season 3 is to screw over players who should be matched better out of any rewards, even Tier 3, after A TON of hours wasted on Ranked gear. Give all the rewards to just a tiny handful. GOOD JOB screwing us over, and further alienating PVE'ers from PVP'ers. I'll NEVER waste time by pvping again.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm entitled to something because I say so.

is what I took from your post.

You must be doing something wrong to get under 1k rating in full ranked gear. Just a tip for getting a higher rating easier: Next season play at the start of season reset and try your hardest not to lose. This way you have a more even playing ground with less trolls/bads and more people who actually care about winning and having a high rating and not just getting some rewards. This season you might just be stuck in your low rating bracket because the game will match all the people with 1600+ rating together on your server while you get the less than 1200 crowd. Do decently, and you won't have to play a match again because you've already hit Tier 2 and the Black-Silver crystal. At least you don't have to worry about it going away this season.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

Quote: Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD :

I don't care. It's your fault. Who cares if the new ranked system is worse than the last, as long as I get what I want.

State the retardedly obvious and just keeping ignoring the problems with the new lousy ranked system, GJ.

With a very experienced group of players geared in ranked w augs, shortchanging us with under 1000 rating for my mates and I is insulting, considering how well we did getting last season's color crystal; and to be ranked geared alone takes A TON of time that even most PVPers won't do; hence, a structural problem rather than your lame duck performance claim (which isn't hard to believe seeing PVP's history of system changes.) On my PVE server most people couldn't care less about PVP or the rewards, but it was the PVP TEAM who decided to throw Black-Silver color crystals WITH PVE STATS in our faces. Just stick with Expertise crystals and maybe you might be half-believable when you say you don't care about rewards that blatantly are put in PVE'ers' faces.

The bottom line is I don't want to have to PVP for a Black-Silver or White-Silver crystal. If PVE'ers could just get a Black-Silver or White-Silver crystal in PVE, there wouldn't be this problem. You can keep the striated one. Either way, my friends and I are done with PVP.

Edited by Willjb

Completely agreed with OP. They're talking rewards away from the solo queue knowing damn well that PUGs can't compete in the grouped. Not unless they get lucky and get matched against other PUG teams which, when you stop and think about it, is just a crappier version of the solo queue. :mad: And they choose to pull this nonsense at a point when class balancing is as bad as it's ever been meaning there are classes that don't stand a chance in either queue.

Entitled? We aren't gambling here; if you put time and effort into something you should get something for it.

considering how well we did getting last season's color crystal; and to be ranked geared alone takes A TON of time that even most PVPers won't do

My favorite part of this post :rak_03:

Anyways, either you are good enough to earn rewards or your not, no need to be so butthurt over it.

Gear is the last thing that is wrong with ranked in general. And this is pretty much the only time PVP'ers are gonna get something exclusive, you PVE'ers got a lot of those already so can't we keep the few we get?

I'm a well experienced Founder/ Beta Tester on a PVE server and I hate how your team puts out rewards like the Black-Silver color crystal when there is no Silver ones for PVE'ers, meaning: plain Black-Silver or White-Silver. Feeling forced to get this crystal I've been waiting on since the beginning, (as Silver was my fav in KOTOR), I labored to get your ranked gear and augmented all my pieces too, after A TON of time spent on it. I ended up with a rating below 1000 despite being heavily geared and with other well geared players. On my PVE server it's the same old troll guild or two who are fully geared, again and again slaughtering everyone else. It's a rigged system and all you ended up accomplishing from Season 3 is to screw over players who should be matched better out of any rewards, even Tier 3, after A TON of hours wasted on Ranked gear. Give all the rewards to just a tiny handful. GOOD JOB screwing us over, and further alienating PVE'ers from PVP'ers. I'll NEVER waste time by pvping again.

It's the same argument of buying a mclaren honda and wanting by entitlement to participate to monaco grand prx.

Edited by Aetideus

Remember;

One person can't 1v4 - You can't carry your team

Team work wins - Can't win a match if everyone is on a different target and the enemy team are working together focusing you down one by one, or two by two.

Knowledge is key - knowing when to pop your cooldowns, and when not to, what works and what doesn't is critical. blowing a DefCD too early mean you'll suffer when you really need it.

Please , argue. I need to have a use for my popcorn.

Yea, it's so unfair that the PvErs need to be good to get any rewards in endgame PvP! I mean come on! The PvE exclusive endgame mounts, like the Wings of the Architect, simply aren't enough for me, I'm entitled to ALL the things. I hate being FORCED to grind out gear too! It sucked so hard being FORCED to act as a team with my friends to get endgame PvE gear to get the Wings of the Architect, Bioware you set the bar TOO high for endgame PvE, despite it being a mode that ISNT for the average newcomer!

/rant

:rolleyes:

Yea, it's so unfair that the PvErs need to be good to get any rewards in endgame PvP! I mean come on! The PvE exclusive endgame mounts, like the Wings of the Architect, simply aren't enough for me, I'm entitled to ALL the things. I hate being FORCED to grind out gear too! It sucked so hard being FORCED to act as a team with my friends to get endgame PvE gear to get the Wings of the Architect, Bioware you set the bar TOO high for endgame PvE, despite it being a mode that ISNT for the average newcomer!

/rant

10/10 :cool:

/rant

/thread

What kind of Mickey Mouse bull**** thread is this ? Pve'r mad cause he can't get a pvp reward ? Not being an a** but get better at pvp and you will get the reward. 1k elo isn't hard to get. We are talking about winning like 2-3 games out of your first 10....

Seems to me that most of the people in this thread have never played Ranked PVP.

They don't seem to understand how broken the system actually is.

The OP is talking about team ranked, NOT solo ranked. The only excuse for failing in team ranked is that you're team is just bad compared to the other team. Period. There no luck of the draw like solo queue, it's pure skill vs skill and the OP clearly is lacking in that department. There is nothing broken with the team ranked queue.

The OP is talking about team ranked, NOT solo ranked. The only excuse for failing in team ranked is that you're team is just bad compared to the other team. Period. There no luck of the draw like solo queue, it's pure skill vs skill and the OP clearly is lacking in that department. There is nothing broken with the team ranked queue.

I would argue that it also has a lot to do with team composition. We all know that this season was dominated by 3 classes, and not by just a little bit.

If his team was running with classes that weren't one of these three, then his team would have been placed at a disadvantage from the beginning.

Edited by DariusCalera

The only excuse for failing in team ranked is that you're team is just bad compared to the other team. Period.

Wrong.

There can be populations so awfully low that practically no Group Ranked exists - outside of closed circles - meaning : Explicite PvP Guilds.

Take Vankjervalis Chain, for example. It's Group Ranked PvP popuzlation is - according to the stats of SWTOR-Arena, so awfzlly low that almot 100 % of the whole Group Ranked player base knows each other by name.

No new players, a perfect VIP club.

What happens next - I assume - is that almost 100 % of that whole VIP club gets a similar Group Rating, becaause they all level at the same time, play the same comps, play the same matches, play the same tactics, and know each other well.

Every new entry is then located so much at the bottom that the MatchMaker simply fails to get this new player a group fitting to his or her Rating, that's what I think.

I would argue that it also has a lot to do with team composition. We all know that this season was dominated by 3 classes, and not by just a little bit.

If his team was running with classes that weren't one of these three, then his team would have been placed at a disadvantage from the beginning.

Exactly.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

He doesn't say what classes he plays, he could be playing a perfect comp in team ranked.

His post says "I got my ranked gear and better players than me still keep beating me, meaning I cannot get the top tier rewards. I blame Bioware for this issue and they should nerf good players immediately."

Assassins get destroyed in group ranked by snipers and mercs. So if you honestly think group ranked is ran by the same 3 classes, then you've clearly never done group ranked. Just 2 days ago, I did some group ranked with Caprica, a gunslinger dps, I was tanking on my Shadow, our second dps was an Commando and we had both a scoundrel healer and subbed for a sage healer.

The team we beat was an assassin dps, a powertech dps, and a sub between jugg and sin tank. We won like 9 games and lost 1. My point is, all classes can be viable in group ranked, it literally comes purely down to the skill of the players in the team. If you get pooped on in group ranked, it's no one's fault but your own, because you can't use the whole "luck of the draw can't control my composition" card because you are hand picking who is on your team and what toons you bring to the field.

Hell, I've seen a double marauder dps team completely work over a team with a sorc and sin for dps, it's all about skill.

Could be a Mara, then.

Would make sense, at least.

Like I said, if you think that Marauders, snipers, mercs or even freaking operative dps suck in team ranked, then you don't do any team ranked at all.

I like how a good portion of people who have stuff to say about either solo ranked or team ranked either don't do either of those venues, or are too inexperienced at said venue for their opinion to matter. But hey, why not throw stones when we're in glasses houses, this is the PvP forum, amirite?

Quote: Originally Posted by OMGITSJAD :

I don't care. It's your fault. Who cares if the new ranked system is worse than the last, as long as I get what I want.

State the retardedly obvious and just keeping ignoring the problems with the new lousy ranked system, GJ.

With a very experienced group of players geared in ranked w augs, shortchanging us with under 1000 rating for my mates and I is insulting, considering how well we did getting last season's color crystal; and to be ranked geared alone takes A TON of time that even most PVPers won't do; hence, a structural problem rather than your lame duck performance claim (which isn't hard to believe seeing PVP's history of system changes.) On my PVE server most people couldn't care less about PVP or the rewards, but it was the PVP TEAM who decided to throw Black-Silver color crystals WITH PVE STATS in our faces. Just stick with Expertise crystals and maybe you might be half-believable when you say you don't care about rewards that blatantly are put in PVE'ers' faces.

The bottom line is I don't want to have to PVP for a Black-Silver or White-Silver crystal. If PVE'ers could just get a Black-Silver or White-Silver crystal in PVE, there wouldn't be this problem. You can keep the striated one. Either way, my friends and I are done with PVP.

Same could be said when I see pve gear look I want. Are you kidding me? The amount of work it takes to get that? Screw that, why not make it pvp rewards? Takes forever to grind...LOL 16 people for an op...lag lag lag, I dont have time to sit in a 3 hour op.

Assassins get destroyed in group ranked by snipers and mercs. So if you honestly think group ranked is ran by the same 3 classes, then you've clearly never done group ranked. Just 2 days ago, I did some group ranked with Caprica, a gunslinger dps, I was tanking on my Shadow, our second dps was an Commando and we had both a scoundrel healer and subbed for a sage healer.

The team we beat was an assassin dps, a powertech dps, and a sub between jugg and sin tank. We won like 9 games and lost 1. My point is, all classes can be viable in group ranked, it literally comes purely down to the skill of the players in the team. If you get pooped on in group ranked, it's no one's fault but your own, because you can't use the whole "luck of the draw can't control my composition" card because you are hand picking who is on your team and what toons you bring to the field.

Hell, I've seen a double marauder dps team completely work over a team with a sorc and sin for dps, it's all about skill.

The leader boards still show the same classes dominating grouped as they do solo ranked. Given equal skill and gearing in the last season there were definitely classes that were more preferred than others.

While all classes can work, there are some the take far more babysitting in order to actually be viable. Given equal skill, a madness assassin would have been taken over a marauder and a sniper over a merc.

You can claim that it's all about skill but it really isn't with some classes being far more optimal in grouped rank than others.

The leader boards still show the same classes dominating grouped as they do solo ranked. Given equal skill and gearing in the last season there were definitely classes that were more preferred than others.

While all classes can work, there are some the take far more babysitting in order to actually be viable. Given equal skill, a madness assassin would have been taken over a marauder and a sniper over a merc.

You can claim that it's all about skill but it really isn't with some classes being far more optimal in grouped rank than others.

I gotta chime in on this because it's completely true. Powertech/Assassin are in a league beyond the other classes in Ranked atm. Running at least one of the following classes is nearly a must, Two an improvement and Three nearly unstoppable.

Normally I tried to run "bad" comps this season with Merc and Mara but the war of escalation is inevitable. When the other team loses they start to stack the fotm classes until they can stack the team. That's largely why ranked slowed down on Bastion so much. We were running bad comps intentionally in a "Ranked" environment. Then we would stop queuing when a team got too try hard. Ironically that means that people like us, playing joke comps, contributed to the "high marauder winrate in group."

Edited by Xeraz