Why should we choose maras/sent for pvp? Is there any point compared to sin/shadow?

Zadtro

I would love to see something given to maras/sents. When you look at wat we are supposed to do in pvp it is generally kill healers or burn down tanks or dps quickly, that's pretty much what we are made for.

Comparing us to say a sin/shadow in terms of what we can do utility wise this is what we are looking at:

Assassin/Shadow | Marauders/Sentinels

Hard stun x2 | Force choke

2 min deflection | 3min saber ward

Immune to tech and force | 99% reduction

Root, root & root again | Crippling slash

Force slow |

In combat stealth break | Force camo

Single mez | Aoe mez

Recklessness | Berserk

Stealth | 90% accuracy reduction

Overload saber | Cloak of pain

Force speed | Predation

teleport | Leap

taunts

These are skills then are shared across the disciplines and when looking at them, which class do you find more useful? Who is better at jumping a healer, maras/sents do not have anything out standing enough to make it a better choice over other classes.

We don't offer that much of advantage other then speed boost when most of the time there is a guardian/jugg giving out 50% boost with reduction to everyone else so that is kinda covered most of the time anyway.

So i am wondering if anyone else has noticed these things because i have lvled them both to 60 and generally one is just better then the other.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't sins/shadows technically have 2 mezz's: Whirlwind (8 sec mezz) and Low Slash (I think that's what it was called), which has the shortest cooldown of all mezz's iirc, and is on top of the hard stun and stealth-opener-knockdown.( Oh, but operatives/scoundrels losing their stealth-opener-knockdown, because THAT was too much... :rolleyes: ) It's not simply the possession of all these stuns and immunity that's the problem, it's the fact they're also on the shortest cooldowns compared to any other class. Edited by HeatRacer

Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't sins/shadows technically have 2 mezz's: Whirlwind (8 sec mezz) and Low Slash (I think that's what it was called), which has the shortest cooldown of all mezz's iirc, and is on top of the hard stun and stealth-opener-knockdown.( Oh, but operatives/scoundrels losing their stealth-opener-knockdown, because THAT was too much... :rolleyes: ) It's not simply the possession of all these stuns and immunity that's the problem, it's the fact they're also on the shortest cooldowns compared to any other class.

Low slash is exclusive to deception spec. Most people are playing hatred spec because it's almost objectively better.

Yeah sins are currently out of control. I just cannot see why anyone would choose a marauder over a sin.

Sins do only have 1 mez unless they go for deception which includes low slash, personally i used to stick with deception but after trying out hatred i am like "this is awesome". I just don't understand why they saw the need to nerf maras a little more when pre 3.0 they were ok but not amazing but now it just isn't worth it.

Edited by Zadtro
Typo

More like Darkness/Kinetic only. Deception doesn't need it anymore than Hatred does. Deception just feels inadequate now because of how awesome Hatred is.

Deception has much better killing power than Hatred, hatred is for those who want those phat numberz

mara is a much more tanky dps then shaow on dps talent.

jug is way better tank then assasin in tank talent . Shadow don't have 9 lifes : ) if it counts.. but some players don't care : P 1 life or 9.. it's not a big deal : )

warriors, knights can shine more till hutball if it's your goal. (I don't like it personally, but it's subjective)

But if you love shadow/assasin better then knight/warrior, then play with it, it's a good strong class, but probably the most complex to play under dps talent. And you will sweat hardly if you wanna tank out as many protection scores as jug/guardian. You can make fancy scores under dot dps spec even if you play it bad, but it will come by sreaded dots and will be good for nothing.

What I am saying is why choose a mara over a sin? There is no advantage to it.

I love playing marauders, was my first char and i mained it for a while before trying a guardian and that has been my main ever since. I just can't stand feeling like dead weight in pvp :/

A better question for the OP is there any point to play any class at all compared to a sin/shadow

Deception has much better killing power than Hatred, hatred is for those who want those phat numberz

No it doesn't, in a competitive environment Hatred thrives as it has the DPS output to outdo any healer.

Edited by Zoom_VI

A better question for the OP is there any point to play any class at all compared to a sin/shadow

No it doesn't, in a competitive environment Hatred thrives as it has the DPS output to outdo any healer.

hatred also gets the execute procs which hit quite hard

sin is godclass atm and mara is garbage. the difference it very obvious.

I'm pretty confident that even if mara gets 30% damage boost right now I can easily kill mara 1vs1 and that is telling. when I face mara on ranked or unranked 1vs1 I usually kill mara with my hatred sin without losing 10% of HP, often even less. Mara is practically a joke and so is sin for being insanely op.

It can be quite horrible for sents atm watchman/anni is probably the only spec that can do 2k+ dps on a regular basis since the bursty specs are shut down too often with all the kiting tools of inquisitors etc and no immunity plus weaker cds though even that is a serenity lite so... We do need a healer to excel.

However i still play sent cause its my main class since launch and after years of being accused of being fotm i think i can finally say i'm not fotm :p and getting decent numbers on a class that the whole forum says is gimped (though its not that untrue) is probably way more satisfying then rerolling a hatred/serenity and getting those numbers with much greater ease..

Edited by AngusFTW

Main issue for maras/sent right now are roots/stuns. That's why i would like to have immunity to roots/knocbacks on berserk that would fix a lot u would be abble still to cc mara on berserk but mara would get more mobility

sin is godclass atm and mara is garbage. the difference it very obvious.

I'm pretty confident that even if mara gets 30% damage boost right now I can easily kill mara 1vs1 and that is telling. when I face mara on ranked or unranked 1vs1 I usually kill mara with my hatred sin without losing 10% of HP, often even less. Mara is practically a joke and so is sin for being insanely op.

Not sin. Hatred sin.