8 men ranked is a huge failure... its hould have been 4 men

Beron

The situation is that with 8 men you have 1-2 premade teams owning everything and others dont even bother to make 8 men teams anymore. Also to get 8 people together is much much harder than 4 men. 4 men ranked would be perfect, but you had to make it 8 men. Any special reasons why? All existing battlezones can be played with 4 men teams aswell, so there is no reason to make them 8 men.

4 against 4 would be much nicer. Even blizzard made 2vs2 arena matches etc. or did they make an alterac valley arena? no they didnt. But you had to keep the 8 men and make it ranked, instead of creating 4 men matches. As I said all existing battlezones could be played 4 vs. 4. So there is no need to create new battleszones. Just make the ranked warzones 4 men against 4 men and the good 8 men premade groups would have to split up and no more 3 tanks, 3 healers and 2 dds stacking and owning everything anymore...

8 men is a deadlock. It doesnt work. So please fix it... Even on our full server people dont bother with ranked bgs anymore and fall back to the normal bgs cause they just dont win anymore there and imp vs. imp makes it even worse... cause it creates hate within the same side players...

Solution: ranked will always be rep against imp. No imp vs. imp or rep vs. rep ranked matches! and it should be 4 vs 4 instead!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We're complaining about 8-man groups?

I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue when the 40-man PvP WZs come out.

All of the nerdy little boys who can't get a decent group together will turn into the Hulk and destroy Bioware's HQ and then move on to EA.

I can understand your frustration, I really do, because not everyone has the opportunity to gather 8 people and play on a large competitive level. Maybe instead of changing it all together they could make a 4 v 4 platform and an 8 v 8 platform. I say this because I am in a large pvp guild and we enjoy the 8 v 8 platform very much so. We sometimes have 3 full 8 man premades going at once and all 3 groups do well. For us the 4 v 4 idea would be terrible and we would feel similar to the way you feel now.

I personally don't think it would be fair to the rest of the people enjoying the 8 v 8 because I think it is a great success. You saying it is a huge failure is an opinion, not a fact, it is just not conducive to your play style. So asking to remove it would obviously not be the fair or right choice. And if ranked did go to still 8 v 8 but only 4 man premades would be allowed, then no one would queue for that either. Who would risk their rank by playing with pugs? I know I wouldn't. I like playing with people that understand how to play the objective and do it well.

If you don't mind me asking, what is stopping you from applying to a large guild with many people to pvp with? Like I said my guild sometimes runs 2 - 3 full 8 man premades a night, sometimes with people waiting for a spot on 1 of those 3 groups. I would look for a guild that is recruiting for pvp and get to know them and start running with them.

yep..now that they have the ranked..get rid of the 8 man premades in non ranked ques... or could make it so if you have have points from ranked pvp then you cant grp que at all for non ranked pvp. Edited by Dorpire
add to message

It's not weird, it is completely understandable. The people that do this, there is obvious reasons why this happens. Most of the people that do this have been attached to a computer for a long period of time. They are talented at pvp and are smart with how they play. However, some of these people may have been made fun of in high school or bullied or something along those lines, so in this arena they are safe from retaliation and also enjoy making others feel how they felt at one point or another.

Another explanation to this is the infestation of trolls on the internet and people seeing this may tell others that this is the proper way to act on the internet if you best someone at anything and to belittle them. This is because they have never played an organized sport. If you scored a goal in hockey and proceeded to call the goalie a noob and then tell him to QQ more, the opposing team is going to head hunt you and put your head thru the boards. Also it's a blantant lack of respect for the other players and other teams. At the end of games we shook hands and said good game, never made fun of them. Maybe some smack talk here and there, but never to the level or the frequency of what people in online video games do.

If only there was a mutual respect and appreciation for other players in a game we all help to drive, then it would be better. If everyone stopped playing a game, the best pvp team in the world would have no one to play against, then where would they be? They would probably say ha, we made everyone quit we're so good! But then they would proceed to be bored and feel an empty form of victory as there was no one left to play against. Mutual respect and appreciation with the occasional smack talk would go a long way, but I don't expect anything like that from the online community. Some enjoy doing the degrading and belittleing entirely too much and is almost an integral part of online gaming now, as sad as it is to say. :(

Edited by Qishari
quoted inappropriate content

I think it must be option to join solo for ranked WZs. Because it's a lot of PUGs for that anyway. And it's faster to make "fail teams" for at least 40-50 rwz commendations than play in "Russian roulette" on normal WZs with 40-50 wz comms for loose and 120-140 wz comms for win (if you have full BM ofc).

Now bads have a number saying just how bad they are. That's what people are really complaining about.

You don't know how many baddies I saw talking like they were all that before rateds. I imagine they experienced a harsh reality check.

Edited by Synxos

We're complaining about 8-man groups?

I can only imagine the chaos that will ensue when the 40-man PvP WZs come out.

All of the nerdy little boys who can't get a decent group together will turn into the Hulk and destroy Bioware's HQ and then move on to EA.

LOL you really think this game will ever have 40 man warzones??.. thats hilarious

yep..now that they have the ranked..get rid of the 8 man premades in non ranked ques... or could make it so if you have have points from ranked pvp then you cant grp que at all for non ranked pvp.

8 man premades can't Q for normal warzones, even if youre in a group of 8 people, it will only Q your group of 4

Have had no problem with 8 man whatsoever. Don't act like you talk for the majority because you don't.

The problem is the sheer number of 8 man teams is very very small compared to the general population size.

Great idea on paper but in real life does not work as the numbers show it is a failure.

The more people you need to do something the harder it is to pull off getting the group for it. JUST A FACT!

Edited by Metalmac

The problem is the sheer number of 8 man teams is very very small compared to the general population size.

Great idea on paper but in real life does not work as the numbers show it is a failure.

The more people you need to do something the harder it is to pull off getting the group for it. JUST A FACT!

Exactly! people are just excited about the IDEA of 8 mans they don't actually and never will face the fact that not many people are actually doing them.

We get games on Jedi Covenant once every 20-30 minutes and if we win the other team stops playing. This is frustrating.

on jung Ma we get ranked qs at prime time almost instant pops, lots of people are doing ranked just maybe not on your server my guild had 2 full 8 man groups going last night, i was hoping we get to face each other,would have been great competition

Bioware f'd up again. Ranked warzones are only for the 1% with full WH. not many teams are queuing up, because the ones that are queuing are full WH, everyone else gets slaughtered.

If you want to do Ranked WZs (eventually), your best bet right now is just to form a losing team. Bail on any Hutball, Voidstar is up to you. In Denova or Alderaan, just charge to your 1 base, get your medal from capping and 1-2 from defending it, then abandon the base so the game ends quicker.

I had 5 pieces of WH tank gear. then Bioware nerfed the tank (not tankasins, but TANKS) "TO THE GROUND". Now I have to start my grind all over again because 4 of those 5 pieces are completely useless. Each piece took me a month of grinding (and trying my best) against full WH. Now, why bother?

50 ranked comms from a losing ranked WZ = 150 comms from regular WZ. So you have to win 1.5 regular games to match 1 losing Ranked WZ. Just do ranked (assuming you're at least full BM)

The situation is that with 8 men you have 1-2 premade teams owning everything and others dont even bother to make 8 men teams anymore. Also to get 8 people together is much much harder than 4 men. 4 men ranked would be perfect, but you had to make it 8 men. Any special reasons why? All existing battlezones can be played with 4 men teams aswell, so there is no reason to make them 8 men.

4 against 4 would be much nicer. Even blizzard made 2vs2 arena matches etc. or did they make an alterac valley arena? no they didnt. But you had to keep the 8 men and make it ranked, instead of creating 4 men matches. As I said all existing battlezones could be played 4 vs. 4. So there is no need to create new battleszones. Just make the ranked warzones 4 men against 4 men and the good 8 men premade groups would have to split up and no more 3 tanks, 3 healers and 2 dds stacking and owning everything anymore...

8 men is a deadlock. It doesnt work. So please fix it... Even on our full server people dont bother with ranked bgs anymore and fall back to the normal bgs cause they just dont win anymore there and imp vs. imp makes it even worse... cause it creates hate within the same side players...

Solution: ranked will always be rep against imp. No imp vs. imp or rep vs. rep ranked matches! and it should be 4 vs 4 instead!

Maybe SWTOR isnt the game for you. try WoW or secret world.

Gear is part of it, but evening out gear wouldn't solve the problem. You'd still have 1-2 teams dominating each server with superior class composition, coordination, awareness, ect. Good players like to play with other good players.

The main issue is just that, even with these new servers, the population is not large enough to support 8man teams. Cross server queues may solve the problem, but I think you'll still have a lack of truly mediocre teams, since the few good players on those mediocre teams will eventually find other good players to team up with.

I'm really enjoying ranked on Canderous Ordo, but they do need to open up cross server here sooner rather than later. Even though we can get queues going fairly consistently during prime time it does often feel like you're playing the same folks.

The problem shows itself because losing gives you a bad rating and no better rwz comms than winning a regular match.

If you do a rwz and are getting stomped, you're going backwards.

It's already the case that no one wants to queue on what is otherwise a busy server as two or so guilds stomp everyone.

It needs to be cross server to give a greater variety of teams.

Edited by Fafryd

Wow... people are not getting it... the point is that its no fun for a premade group of 8 players to play against noone, cause noone else is joining the ranked warzones anymore, cause they get steamrolled all the time. So what fun is it? when 8 men premade pvp groups join the normal matches instead, cause of a deadlock situation where maybe 1-2 elite pvp groups on a server own the ranked pvp that bad that the other teams just dont care about it anymore? Got it now? So the number of ranked warzones played are less and less with every day and people are asking for cross-server, but the problem is that the 8 men ranked warzones dont work and I gave my reasons why they dont work.

The situation on our server right now is that you have say 50 pvp players willing to pvp, but peoples dont make premades anymore cause they get steamrolled by 1-2 good pvp groups, so people just say "screw ranked pvp" and go back to the normal warzones and you think thats a good situation?

And yes you could play huttball 4 vs 4. It would be much nicer imo. When you play the normal warzones you basicly only need 2 good players to win the match against 8 bad pvp players. A 4 vs. 4 hutball would be fine. I am fine with keeping the 8 vs 8 matches if people want that if they would offer the 4 vs 4 matches aswell, but I am sure if they would offer 4 vs 4 than only a few would stay with 8 vs 8 and most people would play 4 vs 4. and more pvp groups would mean more matches.

I mean why 8 men? why not 16men? or why not 100 vs 100 premades? ;) or just make server vs server ;)

The game needs good pvp and good pvp is a 2 vs 2 arena match or a 4 vs 4 huttball imo. But its not a 8 vs 8 or a 16 vs 16 (gladly they didnt do that yet). But for the sake of god... just keep the 8 vs 8 for those few people who still want to do it and give us 4 vs 4 ranked matches. As I said all existing warzones can be played 4 vs 4 so there is no need to change anything! except of lowering the number down to 4 vs 4. and with 1.4 or 1.5. they could put in 2 vs 2 warzones.

Not only is it not fun to lose all the time, it is not fun to go backwards as well.

I used to advocate seeing my losses on the Win/Loss screen. Actually what it does is mean that you aren't prepared to play and see if you can win with an undermanned team, bc you damage your W/L record. Same with rating.

I'm getting to the stage where I don't think RWZ actually work. And by the way, I won my first 13 matches.