Returning Player it's been years but I never realized my subscription was still on.

BlindSidedXIX

Hey guys,

I'm returning to the game after a realllyyy long time lol. I'm looking for a guild/clan to join to get re-acclimated with the game and learn it again. I have like 32k cartel coins because I never realized my subscription was still going, I know it's absurd.

Any good suggestions on where to start/what to buy? I'm weighing whether or not I should make a new character all together.

Start at level 1 to get yourself reacquainted. Use the CC to buy whatever CM armor, weapons, tunings, etc, that suit your fancy.

If you want to get some credits, buy some items on the Cartel Market such as various unlocks and packs, and sell them on the GTN.

If you are into decorating, you can buy a Stronghold or two. I once would have suggested you buy a SH for the convenient place to put Legacy Storage, etc, but now all that stuff is available on the Fleet, so Strongholds are now more of a decorating thing (IMHO).

For a guild - check your server forum for a guild that suits, if your into particular things like PvP or high level OPs. If you're just looking for a friendly guild that does a bit of everything (Star Forge), try contacting me (as Ugeanii) or Neestar for Republic, or Neevil for Imperial. (Neestar and Neevil are GMs)

Edited by JediQuaker

Personally, I would save your Cartel Coins until you've leveled your character a bit and have played for a few weeks at least.

I was in a similar situation as you, except I only had 7,000 CCs (from security key) when I logged in.

The cartel market sells a lot of armor sets, weapons, species unlocks, etc., and it's easy to get carried away at first.

However, there are 50% off sales every day, sometimes on the armor sets you really want. So, it pays to take it slow and just buy the things you really want for that specific character.

Also, many armor sets are available on the GTN (broker, auction house) for in game credits. Once you know how much stuff is worth, it's easier to spend your cartel coins on things that are hard to get in game and that you really want.

Above all, have fun! Also, welcome back. If you're on Satele Shan and need a great guild, let me know.

Also, if you have been subscribed this whole time, you should have a bunch of things unlocked, such as the HK-55 bonus chapter, the Nautolan species and many other perks. Don't buy them with your Cartel Coins, because you'll have access to them.

If you want to create a new character that looks different, you may want to check out the Cathar species unlock or the Togruta (Togruta always hides any helmets). All the rest of the species you can unlock as you level.

I once would have suggested you buy a SH for the convenient place to put Legacy Storage, etc, but now all that stuff is available on the Fleet, so Strongholds are now more of a decorating thing (IMHO).

There's still the case of "Oops, need to stash this good gear that dropped into legacy storage" that can crop up. If you bounce to a stronghold, you can bounce back to exactly where you were before, which is more tricky on the Fleet.

There's still the case of "Oops, need to stash this good gear that dropped into legacy storage" that can crop up. If you bounce to a stronghold, you can bounce back to exactly where you were before, which is more tricky on the Fleet.

Plus it only costs 10,000 credits to unlock the starter areas of both the Coruscant and Dromund Kass strongholds, and you get a free legacy stronghold deco when you do, so there really isn't a need to spend Cartel Coins on a stronghold.

Or, you could just buy the "field Legacy Storage" through your legacy panel and deploy it in the field without going anywhere. 😉

Or, you could just buy the "field Legacy Storage" through your legacy panel and deploy it in the field without going anywhere. 😉

Which is, what, I forget, a million credits per character for a 60-min cooldown compared to 10k credits for something that can be used by all character in both factions. The million credits you'll spend for one character can easily purchase both strongholds: a cargo bay deco for both, a second legacy storage deco (don't really need to spend credits since you get one for free by doing the stronghold mission on the fleet), a second mailbox (see legacy storage), and a GTN wall terminal for both. All this is done by purchasing universal mk-3's, which will be used to purchase the decos. And you can travel to your stronghold any time you want whereas the legacy field storage is on a 60-min to as low as 15-min cooldown (if you spend the, IIRC, 3.5 million to unlock it for that character), and only works for the character you unlocked it on.

Details, details. 😀

Note, by the way - I wasn't saying that Strongholds are not useful. But I am saying that Strongholds are not as useful as they once were. Purchasing and decorating a Stronghold or two, would be a great way of burning off some of those CC.

Edited by JediQuaker

Personally, I would suggest first using your Cartel Coins for "account" unlocks of things like extra inventory slots, extra "personal" cargo bays, and extra Legacy Storage bays. Though that last is probably less useful than it was pre-6.0, with the new "crafting materials storage". I have tons of empty space in my legacy storage now, that used to be full of crafting materials.

Why?

Every time you buy a new row of inventory slots, or a new storage bay, the cost goes up if you pay with credits, but it stays fixed if you pay with CC. Also, if you pay with credits, or worse, pay for single character unlocks with CC, you have to keep paying for the unlocks over, and over, and over, every time you make another character. If you have (or expect to eventually create) a lot of chracters, the per-character cost in CC for the account unlocks gets really low. Even if you only have a few characters, the account unlocks are worth it, as they typically cost only around 3x as many coins as the single character unlocks. So even if you have just 3 or 4 characters, the "account" version of the unlocks is cheaper than buying single the character unlocks for each character.

The biggest adtavtage of using CC to buy Strongholds, IMO, but just for the initial purchase, is that if for some reason you need to "deactivate" a stronghold, or if you transfer to a different server. it will be free to "reactivate" your stronghold. If you buy the SH with credits, you have to pay the full initial purchase price in credits again to "reactivate" the SH (but in either case, all the expansions you unlocked will also be unlocked in the "reactivated" SH, without needing to pay for them again).