The Older Gamers (TOG) Dual Faction Guild

Nagruf

The Older Gamers (TOG)

The Older Gamers is a gaming community for like-minded gaming enthusiasts to gather and share their opinions, love of gaming, and find quality company while playing your favorite games.

TOG has a strict age requirement of 25 years and over. We also have a small number rules on conduct and behaviour, both in the games we are represented in and on the community boards and voice channels. We're a well-known bunch with a great reputation and we aim to keep it that way.

TOG currently has a small but dedicated group of members playing SWTOR from all over Europe here on The Red Eclipse. (We also have a contingent of players on the US server The Harbinger).

TOG has two EU Guilds in SWTOR:

The Orbital Guard (Rep)

&

The Onyx Guard (Imp)

We hold regular events, have regular groups for Ops, HM's etc or just for company while leveling, we jump into PVP and even sneak on to The Harbinger with lowbie PVP characters to harass the Toggers there, with TOG there is always something going on.

TOG is neither strictly hard core nor completely casual. You'll find a place with us no matter what type of gamer you are.

The Older Gamers originated in Australia, and we now have over 60,000 members from all over the globe (incl. OC/NA/EU). We have representation in almost every game currently on the market (and many not). Many people join us for one game and then stay on for the great community.

The TOG community is completely free to be a member of, and runs community servers for voice comms (TS, Vent, Mumble) and for many popular games (Minecraft, CSS, BF3, COD etc). It also hosts blogs, reviews, buy/sell/trade, news... loads of stuff!!

Want to know more?? Check the links below or feel free to ask questions in this thread.

Please visit TOG yourself for a better look at what we offer...

Home | TOG - The Older Gamers

Membership applications are submitted through the TOG barracks:

The Barracks - The Older Gamers Forums

We were also on the Guild Spot light for TOROcast (TOROCAST HARD MODE - EP 5 - THE STRAT PACK)

Don't be shy! Joining such a huge gaming community can be a little daunting, but it will feel like a second home to you in no time! Post in the Barracks and one of our friendly admins will have you in super quick! Once you are in, you will find us in the SWTOR forum down in the MMO section.

My experience of Tog has been nothing but pleasant.

Originally joined their GW2 chapter and had a really good time there so when I decided to move over to SWTOR it was a simple task to join their SWTOR chapter. Was welcomed and felt included.

They have regular events such as Ops runs and pvp alongside fun player made events.

Not been with the SWTOR chapter long but whenever I log into game or TS I feel welcomed and at ease.

It's also nice to know that should I move games again in the future I don't have to move guild.

Can't recommend the guild highly enough.

Welcome to TOG in TOR Kandrick, for myself this is my 3rd Tour of TOR, and its like I never left. Sure there is a few new faces and the game changes to get used to, but the TOGiness is all still there!

I am looking forward to the Legacy Punch Duels night when it pops again, its time that a certain title holder got knocked off her throne lol!!!

I am looking forward to the Legacy Punch Duels night when it pops again, its time that a certain title holder got knocked off her throne lol!!!

Oh is it now? We shall see about that :p I plan on arranging a duelling night sometime in november.

But did you know you can challenge the guild Mandalore at any time and they cannot refuse?

• 2 weeks later...

If you would like more information please feel free to join our recruitment chat channel

/cjoin TOG

At the moment our main weekly plan is as follows

Tue: Guild Events followed by low level PVP

Wed: Republic Operations

Thur: Imperial Operations

All other nights are random, pvp, dailies, flashpoints gearing operations. As for Main operations nights we do have main tanks and healers in place but dps is needed, also with more dps at operation level we can do 16 mans.

Oh is it now? We shall see about that :p I plan on arranging a duelling night sometime in november.

But did you know you can challenge the guild Mandalore at any time and they cannot refuse?

It's all about timing Risi... bob ,weave, strike, leg it....ok its all about timing and having a fast speeder ready to go :p

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
A I dreaming? Are you full of APAC players on a EU server? If so, I'd love to come back to the game and join! I moved to Australia a year ago and stopped playing because they wouldn't let me transfer my characters to an Australia populated server in the NA

The Older Gamers have a guild on The Harbinger (NA) server which is where a lot of the APAC players went after the merges. I doubt you would find many on TRE playing at the same time as you tbh, the harbinger is probably the best option for you.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all

I am a veteran MMO player who is looking for a cool, friendly group of players to spend a few hours kicking back and having some laughs with. I am a middle aged guy with a young family who has to fight to be online but would love to share some victories with like minded people!! All the best Jay....

• 6 months later...

Yes we are recruiting again, expecting to see a lot of returning players with the new expansion :) People new to the game are most welcome as well.

We do need a few extra bodies for ops, maily DPS roles.

If interested please visit http://www.theoldergamers.com/

Applications to be posted here http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/barracks/

Or contact me in game on Caprica (imp) or Risi (rep)

Thanks

• 4 months later...
Hey guys. Im recently back in the game. rerolled my toons so im low levels atm.

Always a fan of the guilds for the older member as there is generally less childishness.

I have a jedi and a sith looking for guilds if your still recruiting

I don't think recruitement is ever closed :)

As you don't apply to the SWTOR guild but to the whole community and after that you can join the divisions on where your interests lie.

Here is the link again for the community.

http://www.theoldergamers.com/