server merger stupidity.

Beelady

not sure where to put this.. but i and a few of my friends are verry pissed off. i don't mind that you all decide to do this server transfer bull.. but.. were not transferring..and we have a problem.. my best friend wants to play.. as does my mother.. .. but both want to play on my realm so we can all play together.. unfortunately you have my realm locked! what the hell! do you guys want new players to play or what? they refuse to even make a test character unless they can play on my realm zalabar. the destination realms you guys have are so over populated its not even funny. and im getting PISSED OFF at all the transfer your character messages that pop up.. i want my mother (58) and good friend to play on the realm i have my characters on that we have a good guild on as well.. i like that its slower. at least i dont see crude comments in general chat... we have good frineds here. and if people are wondering why the servers are empty its because of you all locking the servers so new people cant join.. I DO NOT WANT TO JOIN A REALM THAT IS SO OVER POPULATED THAT I HAVE TO WAIT IN A QUE JUST TO PLAY!!!! i dont want to have to fight just to get things to kill....truthfully if my realm dissapears so will i.. and most of the people in my guild..

The thing that pisses me off is that I have 3 Accounts. 2 are fine. my main acount though... I started on dard reaper. As soon as they said oh...you will be able to transfer your characters....I made new toons on fat man. Now... I left my 50 sage who is 33 legacy and decked out gear wise...on dark reaper... What i Want to know is when the hell am i going to be able to get my 7 toons on fat man and my 1 toon on dark reaper together... If if does not happen soon....i am going to cancel all my accounts and say screw this game.

I would encourage you to move. Having a populated server has revitalized the game for many people. I don't know what your destination server is but we rarely have a queue at all and when we do it is only a minute or two.

One thing to think about is that if BioWare has locked the server, they may decide to eventually merge your server later. I would rather transfer where I know where I will be going instead of where they put me later.

Just something to think about. :)

I DO NOT WANT TO JOIN A REALM THAT IS SO OVER POPULATED THAT I HAVE TO WAIT IN A QUE JUST TO PLAY!!!!

Okay, let's take a look at the actual numbers...

Zalabar moved to The Harbinger.

http://www.torstatus.net/the-harbinger/trends/30d

The Harbinger is at standard or heavy 80%+ of the time, which means no queue.

Let's look at the 24 hr profile averaged over the last 30 days

http://www.torstatus.net/the-harbinger/24h/30d

The Harbinger appears to only peak to full at about an hour at 11 US EST DST. I'm not sure what time zone you're in, so you'll have to translate that to something meaningful.

Let's look at the weekly profile averaged over the last 30 days

http://www.torstatus.net/the-harbinger/week/30d

The Harbinger appears to mainly peak to full on Saturday night for about an hour.

Have you actually tried to log in to the Harbinger or just create a test character there to see how long the queues are? Sounds like this is not a server that's experiencing significant queues.

Paige

Edited by Scorpienne

I totaly agree with Beelady. I wouldn't mind going to a higher population server, right now i am on Zaalbar and Elysium, both servers selected for the free transfer, the problem is I created characters there to see how the situation is over there. Result? In the peak hours and on the weekends there is a QUEUE just to log in into one of your toons. My dear BioWare people, ty for the FREE CHARGE Transfer, but I'd rather stay on an UNDERPOPULATED server, than transfer into one i have to wait real life time just to log in to play. I think is time to rethink the transfer policies, under this conditions I am not transferring there even if you guys PAY ME.

unfortunately the server they want us to go to is so over populated.. it shows up as full/high amount of people. and i moved a low level there to check it out.. i don't like it.. a lot of people are rude.. the comments i saw.. .. ugh. i rather the people that run this game start thinking about the players that like to go slow. and on light servers. i was a major raider when i played on wow. and doing 5 days a week raiding.. im slowing down. got too many things to do in rl.. so when i get on.. i want to log on fast.. and enjoy myself. not have to wait 10-30 min to log on during peak hours.. which is usually when i can get on.

It also sounds like mandatory server transfers are in the pipeline in the not so far distant future... So I'd probably just move em on over. I can't fathom why you haven't yet to be honest.

Bioware has stated that automatic transfers will happen late this summer.

To continue to enhance the overall gameplay experience for current and new players, we have eliminated the option to create new characters on selected origin servers. Visit http://www.swtor.com/transfer to see a list of all the selected origin servers that will be affected.

Later this summer, any remaining characters on selected origin servers will be automatically moved to designated destination servers. We will provide additional details regarding the automatic character transfer process at that time

http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-transfer-server-populations-and-you-part-ii

I have only gotten into a queue one time to access the new server we are on and it lasted only a couple of minutes. That is such a small price to pay to have a server full of people to play with. It makes the Group Finder tool so much more useful as well as queuing for PVP.

Try to find the positive things instead of the negative ones. You might actually find you like your new server. :)

The actual numbers mean very little the transfer is still going on, wich only means things will get worse

Unlikely to get worse. The population of the origin servers is pretty much gone. Some holdouts might trickle in to the destination servers, but the rush is over.

Not a single one of the origin servers has had a status other than light for the last three weeks. (Seriously, look here, click the "All data" tab LINK and check Torstatus for a 2 wk average LINK.)

Paige

unfortunately the server they want us to go to is so over populated.. it shows up as full/high amount of people. and i moved a low level there to check it out.. i don't like it.. a lot of people are rude.. the comments i saw.. .. ugh. i rather the people that run this game start thinking about the players that like to go slow. and on light servers. i was a major raider when i played on wow. and doing 5 days a week raiding.. im slowing down. got too many things to do in rl.. so when i get on.. i want to log on fast.. and enjoy myself. not have to wait 10-30 min to log on during peak hours.. which is usually when i can get on.

You will be moved automatically at the end of the summer anyway, might as well get used to it now.

Unlikely to get worse. The population of the origin servers is pretty much gone. Some holdouts might trickle in to the destination servers, but the rush is over.

Not a single one of the origin servers has had a status other than light for the last three weeks. (Seriously, look here, click the "All data" tab LINK and check Torstatus for a 2 wk average LINK.)

Paige

problem with that.. they locked the realms so new blood cannot come in but what was already here..also.. what the status says and what is actually happening on the full realm are 2 different things.. amazing how for the longest time that realm had a light status even tho it was full up...beginner area over 150 people.. bit crowded i would say.. also.. i like my guild.. i like my legacy name. i do not want to change it.. nor will i change my character names... i named my characters for a reason.. yes its just a game.. but each name means something to me.

I have only gotten into a queue one time to access the new server we are on and it lasted only a couple of minutes. That is such a small price to pay to have a server full of people to play with. It makes the Group Finder tool so much more useful as well as queuing for PVP.

Try to find the positive things instead of the negative ones. You might actually find you like your new server. :)

Except, there are some of us that only want to play with few specific people. I am one of them. Also, because of the idiotic transfer, I lost 4 names. Which totally screws with the characters' concepts and history. In addition, my brother lost his Legacy name. All because some people can't seem to play on a planet with no fewer than 50 people. I would be more than happy to play on a planet with just 4 people.

I think they cut a few too many servers out of the list. But, that's my opinion.

It sounds like you're not listening to rational reasons to transfer. That's cool. However, that's all I have for you, so I don't think I'll comment here again because it's not useful.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

Paige