TORParse.com

Lyynk

The Statistics pages are now updated for SWTOR 2.0. I've also added the Operations Training Dummy and the ability to filter all stats by advanced class. I could still use a little bit of help verifying some of the bosses. Thanks!

You probably already know this, but the "Training Dummy" section is taking parses from the PTS. I noticed this, because my PTS character, Futile is shown.

Edited by bbare

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears if you die during the fight and the boss is killed it doesn't count it among the charts. Has it alays been like that or is that new?

For example on Titan 6 8 HM I'm at 2100 but died like 5 seconds before it died not sure if that is new or was like that pre 2.0

It appears if you die during the fight and the boss is killed it doesn't count it among the charts. Has it alays been like that or is that new?

For example on Titan 6 8 HM I'm at 2100 but died like 5 seconds before it died not sure if that is new or was like that pre 2.0

Was like that always I think, there is a comment earlier about it. If you look @ the charts, there is a link called 'Deaths' or something, try finding yourself there?:)

As ronniehenlau said above, it's always been like this. There is no way to know from the combat log what you just described. In your combat log, it just shows you fighting the boss and that you died. Unless you are combat revived during the fight, it will flag it as an unsuccessful attempt.

I've squashed a couple major bugs on the Statistics pages and fights should now more reliably be ranked, such as the Cartel Warlords fights. Thanks for the bug reports, helped me track them down! :)

Loving the parser! One comment our group had, though, is it would be really convenient to be able to add group members to your friends list from the group list.

I could probably add this in pretty easy to the right click menu. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll take a look at it!

I would like to add that there are a number of issues our 16man is experiencing. Our first night using it, no one could see me appear on the logs. I was the leader int he TORParse group. Also, there are generally 2-3 people who won't actively appear with everyone else. It seemed to resolve itself at the end of the night (lastnight) but for at least the first 2 hours there were issues.

I do really like this though. Much thanks for this.

I would like to add that there are a number of issues our 16man is experiencing. Our first night using it, no one could see me appear on the logs. I was the leader int he TORParse group. Also, there are generally 2-3 people who won't actively appear with everyone else. It seemed to resolve itself at the end of the night (lastnight) but for at least the first 2 hours there were issues.

I do really like this though. Much thanks for this.

Thanks for reporting this Aerro. I've been told by someone experiencing a similar issue that their group made sure they were all running the latest version of Adobe AIR (http://get.adobe.com/air/) and that fixed the issues with syncing they were experiencing. Adobe AIR is the runtime environment that the program uses. I'm looking into this issue, but I would recommend trying that if you are still having problems. The latest version of Adobe AIR should be 3.7. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

The desktop client is absolutely amazing.

I've found only one issue thus far, and one possible feature request which I'd hope could be taken under consideration.

So first off, the issue I've seen... the client seems to be very finicky when it comes to your computer's time. I keep my PC sync'd to Microsoft's NTP server, but I was still getting error messages about clock mis-match and it was preventing any live parsing from happening properly. Re-sync'ing my clock manually did fix it.

And second off, hopefully a simple feature request... an additional overlay with a stopwatch that starts when combat starts and stops when combat stops. There are enough time-based enemy behaviors that having a visible stopwatch overlay would be a great boon.

I recognize that you probably get a million feature requests and I don't want to be pushy or obnoxious, so I'll ask just once and then shut my yap.

Thanks so much for all your hard work, TORParse is an amazing benefit to the SWTOR community, and all your efforts are appreciated!

Edited by Omophorus

The desktop client is absolutely amazing.

I've found only one issue thus far, and one possible feature request which I'd hope could be taken under consideration.

So first off, the issue I've seen... the client seems to be very finicky when it comes to your computer's time. I keep my PC sync'd to Microsoft's NTP server, but I was still getting error messages about clock mis-match and it was preventing any live parsing from happening properly. Re-sync'ing my clock manually did fix it.

And second off, hopefully a simple feature request... an additional overlay with a stopwatch that starts when combat starts and stops when combat stops. There are enough time-based enemy behaviors that having a visible stopwatch overlay would be a great boon.

I recognize that you probably get a million feature requests and I don't want to be pushy or obnoxious, so I'll ask just once and then shut my yap.

Thanks so much for all your hard work, TORParse is an amazing benefit to the SWTOR community, and all your efforts are appreciated!

Thanks for the compliment!

On the time issue, unfortunately because of the way the combat logs are created by the game, this is a necessary evil. It doesn't always cause issues, but it can, and this is why I have the message pop-up if your time is too far off from what it should be. I've been working on a way for the client to automatically handle any time discrepancies, but I'm having limited success with it so far... needs more work.

As for your suggestion, I have it in my list of things to do already. :) Thanks!

Thanks for the compliment!

On the time issue, unfortunately because of the way the combat logs are created by the game, this is a necessary evil. It doesn't always cause issues, but it can, and this is why I have the message pop-up if your time is too far off from what it should be. I've been working on a way for the client to automatically handle any time discrepancies, but I'm having limited success with it so far... needs more work.

As for your suggestion, I have it in my list of things to do already. :) Thanks!

Thanks for the reply!

Glad to hear that a stopwatch is already on the to-do list, I'm super excited to see it if/when it's ready.

I understand the necessary evil when it comes to group parsing, and after the fact thought a little more about it and realized that trying to build in more buffer when just solo-parsing probably isn't worth the time or the headache. It's not too onerous to re-sync to the NTP server, and probably a much simpler workaround overall than trying to outsmart Father Time or brute force every corner case with specialized code.

Edited by Omophorus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Hey guys, just an update, the site won't be going away after all. There has been a lot of interest from different people to take over the site and I'm confident I'll work something out with at least one of the groups that have contacted me. So, please continue to enjoy the site and parser. :)

hey guys, just an update, the site won't be going away after all. There has been a lot of interest from different people to take over the site and i'm confident i'll work something out with at least one of the groups that have contacted me. So, please continue to enjoy the site and parser. :)

woot!!!! :D :D :D :D

Edited by Sameria

• 2 months later...
Hey all, just wanted to post a quick update and let everyone know that the (long) transition period is finally over and active development has started again on the site and ingame client. Thanks everyone for your continued support and use of the site/client.