Had to share

Ghenghis-Khan

So I just started pvp and I think im doin very well and holding my own. But last night one guy after a match said he was going to report me. I ask for what. He goes " u just stand there and let the enemy kill you". I say "your gonna have a hard time explaining that when I just had a kill/death of 29/6 that last match. He didn't respond after that. I guess some people have nothing better to do than complain about nothing.

Might have had the wrong person. I recently had somebody in a reg warzone accuse me of leaving ranked matches. I said that he/she was mistaken because I don't even leave regs, wouldn't hear it, said that I was reported to BW for trolling ranked. I didn't even have any disconnects with that character, so I was a bit baffled. After the match, I looked up the player on the leaderboards and saw that he/she had just started doing ranked the day before. I had not done any ranked matches for about a week. I went to whisper the player and try to clear my name....I was on ignore. Moral of the story: beware the misdirected rage. :p Sometimes people just want to blame somebody, anybody, right or wrong. Edited by teclado

4/10 #thread

Are you saying you think this was a troll thread? Why? This kind of stuff happens plenty. I had some guy going on about how I was AFK right after I finished helping him fend off an attack on a side node in an ACW. I guess he didn't notice the guard, the taunts, the CC, or the ranged damage I was doing from behind his field of vision during the fight. And then, completely ignoring the scoreboard at the end where I had lots of protection and more damage than he did, he continues it in the next match we get into together. :rolleyes:

Some people are just convinced they are the only ones doing anything in a WZ, despite any evidence to the contrary.

When people whisper you after a match to give you grief, I found it is not even worth responding. In their mind they are right and nothing you say is going to change it. My advice is to put them on ignore after the first questionable comment and move on.

And if you are queuing up matches ... don't be at fleet. If someone is particularly mad at you, they are likely to spout all kinds of crazy crap to embarrass you if they see you are hanging out at fleet afterwards.

So I just started pvp and I think im doin very well and holding my own. But last night one guy after a match said he was going to report me. I ask for what. He goes " u just stand there and let the enemy kill you". I say "your gonna have a hard time explaining that when I just had a kill/death of 29/6 that last match. He didn't respond after that. I guess some people have nothing better to do than complain about nothing.

Some classes may not have to move at all. Hell, if you play range and nobody is attacking you, it seems to me all you have to do is keep healing or doing your DPS thing. The only time you need to move is if you need to assault, defend, or just get in range.

I have played some original Huttball matches on my mando where I hardly had to move an inch after getting into position in mid. If your side can keep control of the ball, your job is to help maintain control of mid. To kill any smuck who thinks it is a good idea to cross the center line.

Are you saying you think this was a troll thread? Why? This kind of stuff happens plenty. I had some guy going on about how I was AFK right after I finished helping him fend off an attack on a side node in an ACW. I guess he didn't notice the guard, the taunts, the CC, or the ranged damage I was doing from behind his field of vision during the fight. And then, completely ignoring the scoreboard at the end where I had lots of protection and more damage than he did, he continues it in the next match we get into together. :rolleyes:

Some people are just convinced they are the only ones doing anything in a WZ, despite any evidence to the contrary.

It's just kinda funny when guy uses his k/d (in MMOrpg) as objective

It's just kinda funny when guy uses his k/d (in MMOrpg) as objective

Ah, OK I get that. I guess we don't know how much everyone else died on his team. I guess if it was zero times then he would kind of look bad for dying so much. :D But deciding to report someone for "you died too much"? Man, I'd get reported every match! :o

People always threaten to report for stupid stuff. I have been threatened so many times. Some memorable ones include:

Being threatened on my marauder for speed hacking.....apparently they don't know about predation.

Being threatened on my marauder for using stealth......camo anyone?

Being threatened on m marauder for not taking damage.....undying rage.

Being threatened on my AP pt for damage hacks.....shoulder cannon, TD, energy burst global.

Being threatened on my op for teleporting......probably issue with roll.

Being threatened on my op for damage hacks.....pretty much all concealment attacks hit pretty dang hard.

Being threatened on my op for not taking damage.....roll.

Being threatened on my op for speed hacks.....sneak run buff and hit & run utility.

Being threatened on my op for just standing around doing nothing....stupid roll bug.

Being threatened on my sin for teleporting......phasewalk.

Being threatened on my sin for healing hacks.....hatred....even got it with darkness back in the day.

Being threatened on my sniper for not taking cc....entrench.

Being threatened on my merc for damage hacks.....they also have some pretty high burst hits.

Being threatened on my merc for moving while attacking....was pretty close to 3.0 so they prolly didn't know about the utility.

Being threatened on my sorc for healing too much....meh they have good off heals.

Being threatened on my sorc for too much damage...."You can't heal that much and do that much damage!"

Being threatened on my sorc for not taking damage.....maybe force barrier didn't render on their screen.

Being threatened on my jugg for healing instead of taking damage.....enraged defense.

Being threatened on my jugg for damage hacks.....this one is pretty common with all classes it seems.

Being threatened on my jugg for not being cc'd....unstoppable.

I remember the things people threaten reporting me for because they are often pretty funny. Most of the people that threaten to report are probably new to the game and just don't know game mechanics. Most of the ones that I have seen have to do with supposed hacks, but the one where I got roll bugged one person thought I was just afk.

Edited by Saikochoro

I was PvPing on my level 58 Sorc last night. Got into one of those 4v4 Arena styles. We had another Sorc (level 57), a marauder, and a Jugg.

So we bust out of the gates and the Marauder and I immediately attack the agreed upon target. We burn the slinger down and both turn to our next target to see the Jugg and Sorc attacking the enemy tank. While the enemies healer just free casted. The Mara and I jump on the healer but by this time our team mates have perished.

In between rounds the other Sorcs spits out: "This would have been a win if my team mates actually helped."

:eek:

Round 2 starts. We get murdered. The other Sorc was hiding while doing Force Storm randomly. Then he attacked the tank again before dying.

I message him politely "If you don't know which enemies to attack, you could have asked. I'll gladly help you."

Response: "DO U WANT TO DUEL? WE DUEL TO SETTLE THIS KID."

No. This isn't about 1v1. This is about situational and class awareness.

Response: "U R JUST SCARED KID. DUEL ME TO SETTLE THIS."

So, I'm tired of the caps lock, so I tell them it's not worth my time, they'd just Force Storm in the wrong direction.

We go back and forth a bit like this, I send them links to PvP 101 and How to Be a Contender. Then I get ignored. lol.

Good stuff.

I was PvPing on my level 58 Sorc last night. Got into one of those 4v4 Arena styles. We had another Sorc (level 57), a marauder, and a Jugg.

So we bust out of the gates and the Marauder and I immediately attack the agreed upon target. We burn the slinger down and both turn to our next target to see the Jugg and Sorc attacking the enemy tank. While the enemies healer just free casted. The Mara and I jump on the healer but by this time our team mates have perished.

In between rounds the other Sorcs spits out: "This would have been a win if my team mates actually helped."

:eek:

Round 2 starts. We get murdered. The other Sorc was hiding while doing Force Storm randomly. Then he attacked the tank again before dying.

I message him politely "If you don't know which enemies to attack, you could have asked. I'll gladly help you."

Response: "DO U WANT TO DUEL? WE DUEL TO SETTLE THIS KID."

No. This isn't about 1v1. This is about situational and class awareness.

Response: "U R JUST SCARED KID. DUEL ME TO SETTLE THIS."

So, I'm tired of the caps lock, so I tell them it's not worth my time, they'd just Force Storm in the wrong direction.

We go back and forth a bit like this, I send them links to PvP 101 and How to Be a Contender. Then I get ignored. lol.

Good stuff.

Sounds like "the weird people you meet in group finder" except warzones. I'd like a pvp thread, but could see it going down a lot different than the group finder one. Domisotto's pvp a day is kinda like that though so its all good.