Cartel Items use WAR's lotd decay timers?

AutoCocker

Looks like swtor borrowed a concept from Warhammer Online's land of the dead vendors. Basically some of the items you purchase disappear after 5 days. Could be wrong on this as it's just PTS phase but curious to see how this pans out. Hoping this means it binds to that particular toon after 5 days and doesn't disappear all together (like they do in Warhammer Online). Not sure I would be willing to fork out cash for an item (such as a chest piece or crystal) that would have to be repurchased every 5 days. Thoughts ?

Found this in the Dev Tracker:

"I can clarify that the item will not disappear after the timer is over - after that time period, the item is no longer bound to you and can be traded!"

Seems to simply be a trading lock and that's it.

Looks like swtor borrowed a concept from Warhammer Online's land of the dead vendors. Basically some of the items you purchase disappear after 5 days. Could be wrong on this as it's just PTS phase but curious to see how this pans out. Hoping this means it binds to that particular toon after 5 days and doesn't disappear all together (like they do in Warhammer Online). Not sure I would be willing to fork out cash for an item (such as a chest piece or crystal) that would have to be repurchased every 5 days. Thoughts ?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5313859#edit5313859

After timer they can be traded.

Edited by Arlon_Nabarlly

• Dev Post

The items do not disappear after 5 days; after the timer expires, they are no longer bound to the player and can be traded. Please also remember that we are currently testing the new features, so report any issues you encounter and please provide your feedback in the PTS forum. Thanks!

edit: looks like I was beaten by many of you who saw my PTS post in the dev tracker. Fast!

Edited by AllisonBerryman

The items do not disappear after 5 days; after the timer expires, they are no longer bound to the player and can be traded. Please also remember that we are currently testing the new features, so report any issues you encounter and please provide your feedback in the PTS forum. Thanks!

edit: looks like I was beaten by many of you who saw my PTS post in the dev tracker. Fast!

You cannot trade this between your characters though if you put MODS in it. Orange gear is NOT legacy bound and cannot be traded. (This was done with an elegant top). All of the gear that is purchased with REAL LIFE money should be bound to legacy.

Edited by veyl

You cannot trade this between your characters though if you put MODS in it. Orange gear is NOT legacy bound and cannot be traded. (This was done with an elegant top). All of the gear that is purchased with REAL LIFE money should be bound to legacy.

/this

wouldn't the easy answer be to send the item (unmodded) and the mods to the toon you want to have the item, then mod the item on that toon so it binds to that toon?

Or even if the mod itself is already bound just use a different bound to legacy piece to move it seperate from the orange you purchased.

Edited by Pyrinoos