The best excuses people have given to leave after the weekly boss?

Cypherz

We've all seen it. The one guy in every pug group that suddenly has a "guild run" right after the weekly boss is killed. What are some of the best excuses you've seen people use to get out of a full ops run after the weekly boss?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I never want to leave after the weekly boss I want to finish the whole thing, sadly though I had to leave a group right after weekly boss at least because I had to go to the pool before it closed today, but anyway though while I at least want to get through the weekly boss I will if possible stay til the end.

Water breaking? Lol. No... haven't heard that one.

I've heard several. The oddest one to date is: "Sorry guys, I have to go mow my lawn." Err... that could be taken so many different ways.

And dude was our main tank. At one o'clock in the morning. After Raptus...

Suffice to say, everyone called it an early night in what was otherwise a flawless run.

"It's the kids' bedtime and I promised to read to them."

"Gotta go out for a smoke."

"My mom is screaming at me to go to bed."

But twice I've had to leave groups at untimely points ...

The tornado sirens began sounding while we were killing the first boss. By the time we were done, nickel-sized hail was beating against my window and midday had turned to night. Not sure if anyone believed me. Coincidentally, several houses, a convenience store, and a coffeeshop were flattened about a mile from my house.

Upon commencing the first boss periodic waves of dizzying pain began rolling through my lower G.I. tract, likely caused by the burrito and refrieds I'd consumed for dinner. I held out (barely) until the boss was felled, then begged off claiming a case of 'food poisoning,' which I'm sure no one believed.

Moral: sometimes shyte does happen.

Edited by scratcha
grammar

"It's the kids' bedtime and I promised to read to them."

"Gotta go out for a smoke."

"My mom is screaming at me to go to bed."

But twice I've had to leave groups at untimely points ...

The tornado sirens began sounding while we were killing the first boss. By the time we were done, nickel-sized hail was beating against my window and midday had turned to night. Not sure if anyone believed me. Coincidentally, several houses, a convenience store, and a coffeeshop were flattened about a mile from my house.

Upon commencing the first boss periodic waves of dizzying pain began rolling through my lower G.I. tract, likely caused by the burrito and refrieds I'd consumed for dinner. I held out (barely) until the boss was felled, then begged off claiming a case of 'food poisoning,' which I'm sure no one believed.

Moral: sometimes shyte does happen.

The point isn't whether it was true or not, the point is how far fetched it could possibly sound :D

I had one guy immediately after Thrasher say, "My grandmother died. Her funeral is suddenly." Wasn't sure what to make of that one.

Why do full runs on TFB and SnV? They are so needlessly long specifically SnV. In my experience it's noob groups wanting a full run.

I usually just bail with a ty all!

people like you are the reason that damn SnV quest that isn't repeatable sits in my log.

at least I was lucky enough to find a group doing the full nightmare op, (I don't remember what its called but it has a huge tentacle boss in the danger zone.) I can't stand those story quests eating at me as they stay un-finished, same with he shroud guy.

My favorite still remains "Total BS in my mind"...

Right after Boss goes down.... "GOTTA GO.. my dog just **** on my baby."

(Dude pops to fleet and hangs for a couple minutes - THEN logs out a couple minutes later)

Why do full runs on TFB and SnV? They are so needlessly long specifically SnV. In my experience it's noob groups wanting a full run.

I usually just bail with a ty all!

well i've a lot of chars..means a lot of MMGs , means a lot of credits. and before GF bs comms reward for a SnV run was definetly good.

on topic i love when the sudden guild run if for a zero achievment/30k hp dps:<<gotta go HM>>.

i heard the waters breaking too.. and don't forget the fake DC: alt-F4 , log an alt

My top two are "I have to go, I have water overflowing out of my toilet" and I have to go milk my cat". At which point I whispered him before he logged and asked "I have ******s, could you milk me"? To which I got no response. LOL.

LOL thats the funniest thing I've heard all day

I've actually done a few "I gotta go walk the dog before it gets dark, ill be back in half an hour"s

Half an hour later I come back, and they're still on the council, trying to 15-man it and having just not enough DPS to down it. So I go back with them and finish it off.

However, if its a case of me having to go and being aware of it, I tend to leave before the weekly boss, for 2 reasons:

1. They can get a replacement more easily

2. I can re-form the group much more easily (you have no idea how many people are in it simply for the weekly, and couldn't give a crap about the rest of the bosses)