Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Vengeance Rotation 5.9 (Scaeva)

salaciousc
07.16.2018 , 06:35 AM | #11
@mrphstar
50% of the linked rotation consists of fillers/placeholders.

What was your point again?

mrphstar
07.16.2018 , 07:08 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by salaciousc View Post
@mrphstar
50% of the linked rotation consists of fillers/placeholders.

What was your point again?
You should learn to read texts in guides as well then.
Originaly quoted from the thread:
Quote:
Fillers: The fillers aren't in fact fillers, they're a rotation within the rotation and the order is Overhead Slash > Blade Storm > Vigilant Thrust and each rotation, one of them is moved up by one to compensate for the 4th use of fillers in the Main Rotation.
AND since you missed it:

Quote:
Example of Full Rotation: Combat Focus > Saber Throw > Force Leap > Overhead Slash > Plasma Brand > Blade Storm > Blade Barrage > Vigilant Thrust > Sundering Strike > Overhead Slash > Saber Throw (Whirling Blade if ready) > Blade Storm > Plasma Brand > Vigilant Thrust > Blade Barrage > Overhead Slash > Sundering Strike > Blade Storm > Saber Throw (Whirling Blade if ready) > Vigilant Thrust > Plasma Brand > Overhead Slash > Blade Barrage > Blade Storm > Sundering Strike > Vigilant Thrust > Saber Throw (Whirling Blade if ready)
I wouldnt open with Saber Throw, tho, since it just delays your DoTs for 1 GCD and you dont need the 3 extra focus/rage from ST when using Combat Foucs/Rage. I prefer to leap instantly and apply the DoTs, but it shouldnt be much of difference.

Eksenia
07.16.2018 , 09:28 AM | #13
Salaciousc is the best troll on the forums right now
:mon_biggri n::mon_bigg rin::mon_bi ggrin:

MBloomberg
08.11.2018 , 07:49 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by mrphstar View Post
You should learn to read texts in guides as well then.
Originaly quoted from the thread:

AND since you missed it:

I wouldnt open with Saber Throw, tho, since it just delays your DoTs for 1 GCD and you dont need the 3 extra focus/rage from ST when using Combat Foucs/Rage. I prefer to leap instantly and apply the DoTs, but it shouldnt be much of difference.

He is right, and especially for 5.9 you dont even need a guide for vengeance, I just picked the game up after 3 years, used veng once. Swapped 2 abilities in the rotation and everything is back to normal, you literally use a filler basically every 2 full rotations unless you are just really bad at the spec

But "guides" like this really reinforce the fact that really no good jugg/guardian dps play anymore.

I get you are trying to help people but just stop, guides from even previous updates are still relevant now as the rotation as a whole is not much different
Maalacharizard The Guardian/Juggernaut Revanchist
10/10 HM Tos/Rav
<The Last Dark Reapers>

LordZiost
08.12.2018 , 02:55 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by MBloomberg View Post
But "guides" like this really reinforce the fact that really no good jugg/guardian dps play anymore.
I fail to see how a "guide" written by a scrub on the forums correlates to this but sure, live in your own world I guess.

salaciousc
08.12.2018 , 03:12 AM | #16
Edit: I moved the text up to posting #2

Rion_Starkiller
08.12.2018 , 10:10 AM | #17
Vigi/Veng is the easiest "rotation" in the game. Neither guides, nor epeen measurements are necessary. You can literally mash random buttons and still parse higher than many other specs.
Beruhl / Zenovia / Lobotomy / Sejanos / Warpunk
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Quote: Originally Posted by Trolltar View Post
I believe he's quoting a frequent contributor to these forums. His name is Strawman.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lunafox View Post
Thanks Rion Starbrah.

MBloomberg
08.12.2018 , 02:55 PM | #18
I guess if you just want to be a mediocre jugg dps you could do that.
Maalacharizard The Guardian/Juggernaut Revanchist
10/10 HM Tos/Rav
<The Last Dark Reapers>

mrphstar
08.18.2018 , 06:24 PM | #19
So you just reworked your guide and decided to keep the same mistakes which have been proven wrong?

salaciousc
08.25.2018 , 12:00 AM | #20
@mrphstar
Your rants prove nothing. And no, I did not change the rotation.

What do you do if two enemies are in range of a Smash? Do you have a solution?
Fights against 2 or 3 enemies are very common.