Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Pyrotech Powertech / Plasmatech Vanguard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Class Changes: Pyrotech Powertech / Plasmatech Vanguard
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

omaan
07.12.2017 , 04:20 AM | #61
Quote: Originally Posted by reppaz View Post
5.3 didnt change anything for pyro in pvp.
PT still worst pvp class in game.
Try again BW, you failed again
Well yeah, maybe it's because people dont know how to play it or due to bad gear but at the moment i see that dot pt/vanguard still sucks ^^ both in dps and defense. Whilst hatred assassin rocks lol, some getting 70-80 million dps in the end of warzones

mmmbuddah
07.12.2017 , 04:31 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by Fellow-Canadian View Post
The DPS bump was desperately needed. I could not justify playing a spec that had less survivability than AP while also doing less damage. Even after a DPS increase, the defences of the spec need help. Balance wise if a class is going to be this weak when it comes to survival, the damage needs to be even higher to compensate. I don't think you want to go there, but the glass cannon balance of the spec needs tweaking. Either with more cannon or less glass.

Dot spread could use a quality of life change. It's pretty challenging to use the dot spread cooldown effectively to achieve maximum AOE effectiveness. Tab targeting scorch in AOE situations seems kind of wonky. Would be nice to see a spec mechanic that allows the spread of both dots.
Everyone always calls marauders a glass cannon, but they have ok defensives. If plasmatech pts are going to be a glass cannon, they need marauders dps and their defensives.
Jade D.
That Republic Trans Girl You Love

benficakungfu
07.19.2017 , 08:15 AM | #63
Heat/energy cells is a bit of a problem with this spec.

TalonVII
07.29.2017 , 10:37 AM | #64
Problem with Pyro:
1. HEAT MANAGEMENT! Get it down around the same as my IO merc, then we're cooking with gas.
2. Lack of offensive tools. Taking away 3 abilities while giving 1 back, no that does not work. Give us back missle blast and I'd also say Fusion missle should slide from the Merc class to a straight up BH ability. I'd just fusion missle far more on a PT than a merc.
3. Lack of defensive tools. Face it. PTs of any discipline do NOT HAVE enough defensive abilities. Trauma Regulators needs to come over(but instead of 70%, should be more 50%). And responsive safeguards should of been a PT ability all along.
4. Jet charge. PUT IT BACK TO LVL 10 gosh darnIT!
5. Better pros for flame abilities. Right now they just suck.

Just those 5 things, gets us in better shape.
Pretty, so what do we blow up first? -Wraith Squadron Motto
Ebon Hawk
Skiratta Legacy