Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Pyrotech Powertech / Plasmatech Vanguard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Class Changes: Pyrotech Powertech / Plasmatech Vanguard
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MuskyBoy
06.21.2017 , 04:48 PM | #21
Good dps changes just drop the cost of flame burst by 5 and the spec should be good. Unless of course you redo the rotation and put scorch dot to last 15 secs and not 30. I just find overall this spec requires too many fillers in it and possibly should be redone. DPsing and constantly checking heat and using basic or flame burst (which doesn't do a great deal of damage either) so much is kind of lame.

SLDfiles
06.21.2017 , 04:50 PM | #22
Return of the Dong Cleave
Dart
Kungfu Treachery
Guild Leader
http://kungfutreachery.enjin.com/

OneHit
06.21.2017 , 05:27 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by XhrisShan View Post
BTW, IO Merc/AS Commando is also in DIRE need of resource management/DoT-spreading assistance.

"Oh, it's not that bad"
Trust me, it's that bad.
I concur. Nerfing incedinary missle will not help this.

Ibokagain
06.21.2017 , 07:02 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by OneHit View Post
I concur. Nerfing incedinary missle will not help this.
This is for PT's not mercs

Hombad
06.21.2017 , 07:19 PM | #25
IMO these buffs are a step in the right direction, but I'm not sure if it will bring the spec in line with the other 'dot melee specs' in their role-group. Same problem with Hatred.

Just don't see how these buffs will put it at the level of Anni (pretty balanced) or Lethality (maybe a tiny bit overtuned).

Chemists
06.21.2017 , 07:27 PM | #26
Changes look promising dps wise. Would still like to see some changes to resource management as this spec uses way more basic attacks than any other.
Jaymis / Septimus
All 8-man content and timed runs cleared pre 5.2
<Failure> <It's Lit>

Jrbabar
06.21.2017 , 07:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Ibokagain View Post
This is for PT's not mercs
re-read the initial post...

BoySaber
06.21.2017 , 10:04 PM | #28
Explosive Surge | Flame Sweep should be DoT spreader, not Ion Wave | Searing Wave.
Explosive Surge needs a cool animation, not what it has now.
There should be more than 1 DoT to spread like other classes.
Plasma Tech | Pyrotech needs Reflexive Shield | Energy Rebounder, it should be utility, and not locked to Tactics | Advanced Prototype.
Defensive Cooldowns that Commando | Merc has should be base class, so that Vanguard | Powertech can have it too.
The current listed changes are step in right direction, but useless if stays at that for too long.
Click here to get these rewards in SWTOR.

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.21.2017 , 10:31 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaladan View Post
i know about utilities, but i spoke about only discipline tree.

giving pyro some survivability buff in HIS tree is an increase damage potential too. (de facto)
Thats what the have to be careful of. They gave them a DPS buff, and survivability buff, as u pointed out would also result in a DPS buff, the two together might make the DPS increase too high then.

It's never a good idea to buff DPS and survivability at the same time for that very reason.

Just look at Mercs and Snipers. That's exactly what made them too strong.

No matter how bad a spec is, no matter for how long it's been that way, no one's 'entitled' to 'their turn' at being OP.

They just need to be careful and move slow in that regard and I don't think that's bad way to go.

Hey, you got a DPS buff finally [well deserved], don't get greedy heh

Gratz on the buff =]
~ I am Grim.

"There's a word for Lightside Sith. It's called Jedi."

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.21.2017 , 10:35 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by BoySaber View Post
Defensive Cooldowns that Commando | Merc has should be base class, so that Vanguard | Powertech can have it too.
The current listed changes are step in right direction, but useless if stays at that for too long.
No DPS class should have those DCDs, period. They are inherently unbalancing. With the DPS buff that you're getting, if you got those DCDs, you'd be just as bad as mercs.

People have put up with those stupidly OP DCDs long enough. We don't need more of it, we need none of it.

DPS specs should never have h3fs, or reflects with heals built into them. That's all we need more OP classes.
And if DPS specs do have those kinds of DCDS/utilities, than their DPS should be garbage.
~ I am Grim.

"There's a word for Lightside Sith. It's called Jedi."