Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Pyrotech Powertech / Plasmatech Vanguard

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Class Changes: Pyrotech Powertech / Plasmatech Vanguard
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Jrbabar
06.21.2017 , 02:42 PM | #11
Soo, basically we have to wait for 5.4 before this spec is viable in PvP with zero defensive's being added to the tree or tweaked, i mean; couldn't a defensive have been added to their AoE taunt?? or anything added to their tree that currently exists??

You changed the Arsenal Merc / Gunnery Mando's defensive in "Chaff Flare / Decoy" from their skill tree why couldn't the same be done for the extremely squishy Pyrotech/Plasmatech???

Not enough done imo, to a spec that has been utterly forgotten for so long..

Gyronamics
06.21.2017 , 02:44 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Thaladan View Post
BUT

- the spec needs to spread 2 dots and just not one, like other DOT specs.
Today someone declared they wanted to have the same dotspreading of Innovative Ordinance Merc and use a GCD cast plus a 2? GCD delay grenade to spread one dot then an instant plus a GCD cast grenade to spread the other one.

Well that's one way of looking at it, it's highly likely what was meant was spreading two dots really easily like Dirty Fighting slinger and Balance sage.
Notwired @ Not Good Enough @ TRE

Thaladan
06.21.2017 , 02:46 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Jrbabar View Post

(...)

You changed the Arsenal Merc / Gunnery Mando's defensive in "Chaff Flare / Decoy" from their skill tree why couldn't the same be done for the extremely squishy Pyrotech/Plasmatech???

Not enough done imo, to a spec that has been utterly forgotten for so long..
+1.

that's why i previously said the spec needed some change in HIS tree about survivability too. and not just waiting a change of utilities.

Quote: Originally Posted by Gyronamics View Post
Today someone declared they wanted to have the same dotspreading of Innovative Ordinance Merc and use a GCD cast plus a 2? GCD delay grenade to spread one dot then an instant plus a GCD cast grenade to spread the other one.

Well that's one way of looking at it, it's highly likely what was meant was spreading two dots really easily like Dirty Fighting slinger and Balance sage.
one solution or the other, we need to have the possibility to spread our two DOTs more easily than waiting to see an ennemy in 10m radius of his mates to die..(for scorch)
Elite warlord sorcerer- sniper - powertech

Ottoattack
06.21.2017 , 03:11 PM | #14
Changes were anticipated, also useless. No one will play this in PvP or PvE. This entire discipline damage mechanics and survivability have not worked in 3.0, have not work 4.0 are not going to work in 5.3.

This spec has fundamental issues that are way beyond damage output (though it is an issue).

Darthanimus
06.21.2017 , 03:38 PM | #15
If I am honest, it would be nice to see all the "forgotten specs" useful in pvp, I would say again, but they have never been so.! The PvP predictability is tiring now!
Scorpio finds the starforge, becomes an immortal AI god, and gets worshiped by Ewoks.

Red Eclipse

Fellow-Canadian
06.21.2017 , 03:49 PM | #16
The DPS bump was desperately needed. I could not justify playing a spec that had less survivability than AP while also doing less damage. Even after a DPS increase, the defences of the spec need help. Balance wise if a class is going to be this weak when it comes to survival, the damage needs to be even higher to compensate. I don't think you want to go there, but the glass cannon balance of the spec needs tweaking. Either with more cannon or less glass.

Dot spread could use a quality of life change. It's pretty challenging to use the dot spread cooldown effectively to achieve maximum AOE effectiveness. Tab targeting scorch in AOE situations seems kind of wonky. Would be nice to see a spec mechanic that allows the spread of both dots.
The Vale Legacy - The Harbinger
Exterminatos <(VG/PT)> Pycophants - Kanadaii <(SM/OP)> StabbyMcRoll
Broadsideofbarn <(CM/MC)> Beatanorexia
Tamahai <(SA/SO)> Psycophant

omaan
06.21.2017 , 04:15 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

Here are the changes that are planned for Game Update 5.3 for Pyrotech and Plasmatech:

Both pyrotech and advanced prototype needs defense buff, and pyrotech needs dps buff. Thanks for doing one of these issues, however you should consider both specs defense skills, since at the moment these two specs are THE SQUISHIEST in the game, even squishier than juggernauts...

RoNero
06.21.2017 , 04:16 PM | #18
Long over due. So thanks...
Use my SWTOR Referral Link: http://www.swtor.com/r/byC6D4

crackerchocolate
06.21.2017 , 04:30 PM | #19
Changes won't matter unless the energy consumption issue is addressed. Once Pyro/Plasma has less reliance on their basic attacks for energy management they will become viable dps classes again.

Ibokagain
06.21.2017 , 04:39 PM | #20
The return of dong cleave excellent.