The Sith Lords Left out?

scionave

I realize I'm at risk of posting something already being discussed, but I couldn't find a search option.

I realize the sith lords had many flaws, mainly because it was rushed, but you usually had no idea what was going on in the story and at the end because many important conversations were left out, and they weren't aloud to go back and patch it to restore their cut content...which is a terrible shame, but it looks like it's existence is being IGNORED. I can't stand that, it ruins games and books for me when plots are counted as not existing. In expanded universe, everything I've read is that they consider the cannon Exile character to be a "heroine." She saved the Jedi and followed Revan into the unknown to fight this evil sith emperor that we all now have some knowledge of because of this current game. We had No idea at the time. She should be included in the archives though, their story isn't even in the timeline. No mention of the mass shadow generator, no mention of the exile, or the Sith Lords she defeated. There is No mention of WHO rebuilt the Jedi order as at the end of that game, the only remaining was Bastilla who was in hiding, probably considered Canon that Atris survied, and the jedi Exile. She also has followers who become Jedi whom she could have rebuilt the order with. I have to have my closure. Who rebuilt the Jedi Order? How does that place where we are now, now that their is suddenly hundreds of flourishing jedi around again who seemingly keep to the code of the council that was destroyed directly after the jedi civil war vs darth Malak by Darth Nihilius. Why are their miraluka? They were all killed as well save for Visas Mar.

I'm actually fairly convinced that we'll get those questions addressed and more continuity ties to KOTOR2 -- eventually. An MMO is never finished. We'll get many more adventures than are available at launch. For all we know, the first major expansion pack could be planned around the Exile's followers.

I don't think it's correct to say KOTOR II has been ignored, at least not completely. After all, the entire idea of an ancient sith empire hiding in the Unknown Regions comes from KOTOR II and Kriea's warning of the True Sith Empire that waits in the dark.

Archeology (I think, it could be Treasure hunting), has a mid-level mission about scavenging the remains of Master Mical's library. It both made me smile and kinda answers your question.

BioWare have stated that the events of KotOR 2 take place behind the scenes to most everyone at the time, not to mention 300 years later. While true, it makes 0 sense that the jedi would simply not record this period of their time, because if the ending of the game is to be believed, it was your party members who rebuilt the order, thus they should know almost everything that transpired.

Personally, I think they just didn't want to mess with the "black sheep" of the franchise, as KotOR 2 is more of a deconstruction of Star Wars, and not your classic hero tale that's been told over and over in the movies, other games, books and comics.

I just remembered how in the book "Revan", the Exile makes absolutely no mention of how she rebuilds the order (or even what happens), and we are given zero clue to what happened with the Jedi Order...

I mean.. it must have happened fast. It is around 3 years from when Revan leaves to when the Exile finds him, so that means the Exile must have rebuilt the order in a very short time frame...

but it looks like it's existence is being IGNORED. I can't stand that, it ruins games and books for me when plots are counted as not existing.

It's not. But there are reasons that the story in KOTOR 2 is not mentioned as much as that of the original.

In expanded universe, everything I've read is that they consider the cannon Exile character to be a "heroine." She saved the Jedi and followed Revan into the unknown to fight this evil sith emperor that we all now have some knowledge of because of this current game. We had No idea at the time. She should be included in the archives though, their story isn't even in the timeline. No mention of the mass shadow generator, no mention of the exile, or the Sith Lords she defeated.

The Exile was a hero, but she was never restored to the Order officially. The story of KOTOR 2 was on a fairly small scale, as far as the galaxy's population was concerned. Remember that Revan's invasion was called the "Jedi Civil War" by the galaxy at large. It wasn't Jedi vs. Sith at that point, so much as Jedi vs. Jedi. And most people were content to let them kill each other.

There was mention of Malachor V in the Jedi Consular storyline. It is a sidenote to the story itself, of which a part of the background involves another planet in the system, Malachor III.

The Exile herself plays a crucial role in the novel Revan (which provides the basis for the game and a class story in particular) and in the background of a mid-level flashpoint chain.

There is No mention of WHO rebuilt the Jedi order as at the end of that game, the only remaining was Bastilla who was in hiding, probably considered Canon that Atris survied, and the jedi Exile. She also has followers who become Jedi whom she could have rebuilt the order with. I have to have my closure. Who rebuilt the Jedi Order? How does that place where we are now, now that their is suddenly hundreds of flourishing jedi around again who seemingly keep to the code of the council that was destroyed directly after the jedi civil war vs darth Malak by Darth Nihilius.

Bastila was in hiding because of the afore-mentioned Sith Lords. She apparently helped rebuild the Jedi Order to some degree (again, the consular story reveals this). The Exile also served to help rebuild through Mical, Mira, Visas and the rest. But, her name was kept out of it, because, as I said above, she was never reinstated as a Jedi, and she never directly helped rebuild the Order, almost immediately following Revan after the end of KOTOR 2.

Why are their miraluka? They were all killed as well save for Visas Mar.

A frequent misinterpretation of what happened. The Jedi were invited to a colony world of Miraluka, and that world was wiped out, save for Visas Marr. The Miraluka homeworld and any other Miraluka in the galaxy were still alive.

Because of this, Jerec in Dark Forces 2 was retconned to a miraluka, well before the announcement of that species' appearance in TOR.

Edited by JacenHallis

I too wish a little more of a explaination of the impact of the KOTOR 2 events, but seeing as how most of the story was of small scale civil wars or other wise completly covert missions I see why the galaxy as whole is mostly unaware of it. In reality other than Katarr, Peragus, and Telos IV the Republic wasn't directly involed with any other event, while the other events like Onderon and Dantooine were handled internally by their own goverments. The Sith Lords themselves weren't known to all but a few people who (outside of the exiles companions) ended up dead. It wasn't a large scale galatic war as in KOTOR 1, but a shadow war fought behide the scenes as the republic was tring to rebuild. My hope is that the developers are holding back some anwsers for the players to discover on their own.

Is mical the republic diplomat you meet in the library on dantooine and train as a female character?

I vaguely remember him because I always played a male character due to females running funny with light sabers and the Handmaiden was so awesome!

With the miraluka homeworld consumed of all life. Hence visas sole surviving. Isn't that the same dark energy the emperor used to become imortal. Is the emperor as a character linked to the events of kotor2 somehow down the line. I would like to think kotor2 plot somehow comes to the fore in a future expansion.

With the miraluka homeworld consumed of all life. Hence visas sole surviving. Isn't that the same dark energy the emperor used to become imortal. Is the emperor as a character linked to the events of kotor2 somehow down the line. I would like to think kotor2 plot somehow comes to the fore in a future expansion.

No, Darth Nihilius did that. How ever the current empower did something similar (although the planet he killed wasn't full of force sensitives).