Mandalorian Battle Ring Arena vent is broken

septru

BTW this isn't in your patch notes.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

Agreed. I just posted in Musco’s thread to ask him about this.

Best guess is they don’t even know about the vent bug yet!

When you consider it took 5 weeks and 7 threads and 50+ posts in the general and bug section for them to acknowledge the set bonus bug. Even now, it’s still not fixed after 3 weeks of feed back they specifically asked for,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Even when the vent doesn't bug to kill you outright, it still roots you in place for a few seconds. I don't recall if this is the case in the Mandalorian Battle Ring, but in Huttball the enemy players can just burst you during the time you're rooted instead of bothering to step into the vents themselves to chase you.

It's quite ******** - having a very high central platform and adding in vents was already bad design, but now it's not even functional. The vents should either be fixed, or be removed ASAP.

Or just delete the map to be honest.

Just a daily reminder. the vent is broken. I know you guys are on holidays, but we play with this bug every day. Would be nice if we get a patch soon.

for battlering same situation like vandin where you "teleport"to the location which suppose to land without animation

but the original huttball the pit wont even teleport you so it is complete malfunction

All vents are broken, same in both Huttballs. The only ones working are the clickable ones in Vandin under the spawn or in the lower pit area. I have been writing about it since last patch.

Yes BW needs to fix this ASAP as it is a game breaking feature in these maps.

• 2 weeks later...

In one solo game we got killed by the vent 4 times.

https://clips.twitch.tv/KathishAbnegateCardCopyThis

https://clips.twitch.tv/EsteemedWimpySmoothieOneHand

https://clips.twitch.tv/SneakyFaintZucchiniKappaWealth

You should be ashamed with yourselves. Your game is ****. You are **** developers. You have let this **** continue for 3 weeks now.

Edited by septru

You should be ashamed with yourselves. Your game is ****. You are **** developers. You have let this **** continue for 3 weeks now.

This. I regret subbing for the single month that I have. Never again will I have the terrible lapse of judgement that is even a single iota of faith in this pitiful, embarrassing excuse for a company. If these moneygrubbing ******es can’t even be bothered to fix gamebreaking issues, then none of us should be bothered to play this broken piece of ****. Eat a fat one, Bioware. Seriously.

Soo sometimes it works and sometimes it kills the player?

The animation no longer works when you use an air vent. Your character will stand stationary and then port to the landing spot. Occasionally you'll just instantly die, presumably because it register the landing as fall damage.

This bug needs to be fixed. I lost another match yesterday because I died to a vent. I also won a match that I probably would have lost because someone on the other team died to a vent. It's getting ridiculous at this point that each time you step onto a vent there's a chance you'll die and there's nothing you can do about it.

It's disgraceful and inexcusable that this bug has persisted this long.

They finally responded to my ticket.

Star Wars: The Old Republic Customer Service <support@swtor.com>

Fri, Dec 27, 2019, 10:57 AM

to me

Hello septru,

My name is Anmol. Thanks for contacting the Star Wars: The Old Republic customer service team concerning the issue with Mandalorian battle ring.

I’ve replied to your ticket in-game, you’ll find the answer below too.

I have looked into your case completely and would like to inform you that the game seems to be working as intended and there have been no reports about any issue with the Mandalorian battle ring.

In case you feel that you encountered a bug in the game, I would recommend you to report it as a bug.

Premium players can report a bug from within the game by using the command /bug .

You can check back on the details of this case, and all your other cases, in-game.

Click on Request Help or press Ctrl and / to open your case history.

Regards,

Anmol

Star Wars: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

We would love to hear your feedback on our Customer Service and invite you to fill out the survey which will help us to continually improve our support!

Survey Link

Thank you,

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Customer Service

3 weeks of waiting for a useless response.

They finally responded to my ticket.

I have looked into your case completely and would like to inform you that the game seems to be working as intended.

Well now we know that the vents are working as intended :)

It´s a feature to test your RNG luck. Will you jump up or will you die? Who knows?

They can try to fix it in a few months later but they might broke it more and it would just be an 100% intant kill spot. Sadly swtor dev team is incredibly bad. It is a *********** mistery how did they broke it since they did nothing pvp related for a long time but they are just using spagetti coding to make things faster and end result this kind of BS.

That's hilarious that its been broke for nearly a month or more.

Still no acknowledgement.

Whoever that was should be fired, considering "no reports" is false.

There's a thread on the forums

They dont read forums they dont read bug reports unless it is CM related sadly they ruined this game with this attitude. They lost so many players with this kind of stuff.

Edited by omeru