Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Carlenux
01.04.2014 , 08:47 PM | #21
as far as i see it, the Dmg and defensive CD should be useful, i agree concealment could get a small buff, maybe an under 30% buff, and give Sneak a real buff beside "movement Speed" like deception assassins, either way i Believe Each Class has usually 1 good spec to play with as pvp:
Operative : Most Op broken by far healing class
Jug / Mara: Most Op burst dmg with Rage useless in PvE
Merc: Pyro became quite high burst
PT: Tank PvP is one of the most OP.
Sniper: Anything would do here lol.
Assassin: Deception insane burst and only utility in PvP.

i think if there is a class that should complain here are sorcerers, they have an Average healer, and two average dpsers... at least Operatives has the most OP healing pvp class, Warriors smash noobs, etc.

Eventually they will move things around, like the usually do, and Buff concealment for PvP back to OP, buffing merc healers to become FoTM, Assassins for PvE with jugs... just give it time, either lvl an alt to play as pvp or play a different role (at least we have Healing spec to be completely broken OP) until they turn the tables again, we spent months Being the most annoying Gankers of the PvP Zone, killing anyone in 6 seconds, now its assassin turn and we got nerfed, just give it time.
Hmaull // Carlenx // Carlenix // Pyrotec // Invinc // Hwynn

athanase
01.05.2014 , 11:42 AM | #22
tons of posts asking for a survivability boost for concealment ops, and we've got a dps one... I suggest to start a new topic asking for a better dps, i'm sure dévs will give us survivability. At least, i hope we will be the ultimate glass canon, sure to kill any other class in a few seconds.... Just before we die
ANd a gain of survability would be of use in PVE too, Eyesmindassassin... I just can't understand why PVE boys are so sectarian

PS : don't make me laught with your poors sorcerer's, Carlenux, the hybrid spec is a real pain in the ***, provided you know how to move.
"Cé koi erpé ?" - Mégodass, soldat fat DPS.
"Je sé pa" - DarthNaruto, Sith ambidextre et mononeurone.

Meiloc
01.05.2014 , 12:49 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by athanase View Post
tons of posts asking for a survivability boost for concealment ops, and we've got a dps one... I suggest to start a new topic asking for a better dps, i'm sure dévs will give us survivability. At least, i hope we will be the ultimate glass canon, sure to kill any other class in a few seconds.... Just before we die
ANd a gain of survability would be of use in PVE too, Eyesmindassassin... I just can't understand why PVE boys are so sectarian

PS : don't make me laught with your poors sorcerer's, Carlenux, the hybrid spec is a real pain in the ***, provided you know how to move.
It's not an issue of being sectarian, it's just the fact of the matter that the way Ops are at this moment, they require different changes for your particular playstyle. PVE does not NEED a survivability buff, and PVP does not NEED a damage buff. Though both sides won't mind it if they do gain what isn't asked. BUT, the fact remains that, as BW has stated before, PVE changes will get priority over PVP.
Pies lesi Domine, Dona eis requiem *smacks face with a tome*

Laichzeit
01.06.2014 , 02:35 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Meiloc View Post
It's not an issue of being sectarian, it's just the fact of the matter that the way Ops are at this moment, they require different changes for your particular playstyle. PVE does not NEED a survivability buff, and PVP does not NEED a damage buff. Though both sides won't mind it if they do gain what isn't asked. BUT, the fact remains that, as BW has stated before, PVE changes will get priority over PVP.
PVP DOES NEED A DAMAGE BUFF!

man i hate people who dont know what they are talking about, look at the damage of an assassin.... A scoundrel is a joke against that.

Ottoattack
01.06.2014 , 03:13 PM | #25
I have not played in the vanilla days (though I heard a lot about ops beck in the day), but TTK is up significantly from where it was back then. So, if burst gets buffed concealment will be like dec sin without the DCDs? Last I checked, dec sins barely cut it in competitive PvP, and even if they buff concealment sustained damage substantially, how long can you stay on target before you are burned? Lethality is a bit more decent (at least IMO), yet again, you will be focus fired, and I do not see lethality damage improving more than slightly (because of PvE).

It is one of these situations that always feel like the issue is known, the resolution is known, but devs keep beating around the bush for no reason. I am at least hoping lethality will be somewhat more survivable for PvP.

Meiloc
01.06.2014 , 11:06 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Laichzeit View Post
PVP DOES NEED A DAMAGE BUFF!

man i hate people who dont know what they are talking about, look at the damage of an assassin.... A scoundrel is a joke against that.
Sorry buddy, but if you think that you ABSOLUTELY NEED a dps buff for PVP, then you, my friend, have a L2P issue.
Pies lesi Domine, Dona eis requiem *smacks face with a tome*

Cordorian
01.07.2014 , 01:14 AM | #27
The biggest damage buff concealment get for pvp is more survivability.
Even after all damage nerfs, you can pull decent numbers if you are not burned down immediately. Mind you we are single target spec, not smashers.

The ather thing is, it isn't sustained that is the problem in PVP. Concealment can even parse decently in PVE if in the hands of a good player (by far not at the top end, but better than both assassin dps specs). What we lack in PVP is reliable burst. If none of the hard hitters crits you can as well just die, and having that RNG badluck happens quite a lot.

the reason smash mara are so popular is because they have both... very good survivability and very reliable burst (on top of that it is AoE).. Same for the PT Hybrid..

But i guess we will see, what the dev make out of that.... hopefully it is more than just a quickshot buff

Laichzeit
01.07.2014 , 03:53 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Meiloc View Post
Sorry buddy, but if you think that you ABSOLUTELY NEED a dps buff for PVP, then you, my friend, have a L2P issue.
I dont die.... i got my healer in group and everything is fine. If you think you do damage with your scoundrel prove it to me. I bet my shadow will outdamage you in every situation. I play both, a shadow and a scoundrel. Both Obrana geared and completly modded. The Scoundrel is a joke in Damage. Do you have both Classes geared? Then you are maybe a fool or you have to learn playing.

I really dont know what you people are doing? do you really think the scoundrel dps is okay? The survivability will change nothing! In Rated Arenas the single target damage is a joke compared to Assassins..... Everbody who isnt seeing this has never played an assassin.

Cordorian
01.07.2014 , 04:53 AM | #29
I dont die.... i got my healer in group and everything is fine. If you think you do damage with your scoundrel prove it to me. I bet my shadow will outdamage you in every situation. I play both, a shadow and a scoundrel. Both Obrana geared and completly modded. The Scoundrel is a joke in Damage. Do you have both Classes geared? Then you are maybe a fool or you have to learn playing.

I really dont know what you people are doing? do you really think the scoundrel dps is okay? The survivability will change nothing! In Rated Arenas the single target damage is a joke compared to Assassins..... Everbody who isnt seeing this has never played an assassin.
more reliable burst they have, better survivability they have too. And sometimes they have these insane crits, but in sustained damage scrapper/concealment if you can deliver it is actually better.

http://i.imgur.com/0HcDxA6.jpg

was friend of mine just, having a go at scrapper.

Ahebish
01.07.2014 , 12:59 PM | #30

I don't play an assassin and even I know scrapper/concealment damage is a friggin joke at best. But I've felt a geared assassin when he 3 shotted me from max health with max expertise. that's 28k damage in 6 seconds. You know like concealments and scrappers used to do.... But that was overpowered they said; Back then I can agree right now it's downright inexcuseable.

Here's what Maul does to a geared Concealment/Scrapper; When was the last time this class saw numbers like these? 2 years ago at launch. And this was just 1 of 3 skills that hit this hard for Assassins/Shadows... All of which are used out of stealth.

10k hit

Imagine if I got hit by discharge before or after that... that's 18k - 20k damage in less than 3 seconds.... And people think our stunlocks are overpowered? lol?

In order for a concealment/scrapper to equal that damage;

Bioware would have to do 1 of 2 things.

A. Increase HS damage to 10-15k damage (with Auto-Crit)

B. Or if HS hits like a wet noodle then double Acid Blade Dot Damage to 6000 damage over 6 seconds AND drop backstab's CD to 9 seconds instead of 12 like it used to be.

To be honest I prefer B.

Then we MIGHT be on par with assassins/shadows in terms of burst damage. Assuming a head to head gear for gear comparison.