Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Scoundrel / Operative
Regarding 2.6 operative / scoundrel changes (dev's post)
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Tattum
01.02.2014 , 02:48 PM | #1
I believe many of you have noticed this already , but I'll rather post in in this section as well..

Does this mean that we might just see the light in the end of the nerf tunnel ?

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post

A fairly significant DPS boost for Operatives/Scoundrels.

-eric

PS .. let's not get our hopes up , we might get screwed like in 2.5 with allmighty overload shot buff..
Quote: Originally Posted by Raansu View Post
BW doesn't listen to their community at all and they pretty much never interact with the community on their forums...

CaptainApop
01.02.2014 , 04:05 PM | #2
Best case scenario they aren't bs'ing us and concealment get's buffed to the point of relevancy. Lethality doesn't really need major increases but could use a little quality of life perhaps. The raw numbers are already there though.

Hopefully there's some changes for medicine in that patche too. I honestly could care less if they buff or nerf me I just want things mixed up a little.

Course, it could be another overload shot buff :')
"I bind kolto probes to Q, partially for the convenience but mostly for the irony"

Subterfuge legacy - Tomb of Freedon Nadd

sqruee
01.02.2014 , 05:09 PM | #3
Sqruee - 70 Operative, The Harbinger How to Concealment PvP

Quote: Originally Posted by BoskiCesiu View Post
All what I wrote is seriously.

Morde_
01.02.2014 , 05:47 PM | #4
Damage wasn't the main issue. If they make no changes to survivability, dps OPs still won't be viable for arenas.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie

sqruee
01.02.2014 , 05:56 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
Damage wasn't the main issue. If they make no changes to survivability, dps OPs still won't be viable for arenas.
Truely amazing that throughout the brainstorming thread every top rated operative/scoundrel, including yourself, screamed for defensive buffs and yet we get a dps buff. Good times.

Although I suppose we should be grateful to get any buff at all...
Sqruee - 70 Operative, The Harbinger How to Concealment PvP

Quote: Originally Posted by BoskiCesiu View Post
All what I wrote is seriously.

Vikassi
01.02.2014 , 07:19 PM | #6
it is a bit strange that everyone calls for defensive buffs and they give an overload shot buff, which is useless, if you ask me .. and now they just straight up buff dps .. ill take it for sure, but thats not what we were calling for .. more survivability would have been just fine ..

i will dominate if they buff us "fairly significantly" ..

Transmet
01.02.2014 , 10:35 PM | #7
Let's just all be grateful they are listening and have finally communicated. They weren't specific about what is being buffed at all, so let's just wait until the specifics come...
NOIRE - Concealment Operative

SUOMY - Madness Assassin

SomeJagoff
01.02.2014 , 10:43 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Tattum View Post
I believe many of you have noticed this already , but I'll rather post in in this section as well..

Does this mean that we might just see the light in the end of the nerf tunnel ?

PS .. let's not get our hopes up , we might get screwed like in 2.5 with allmighty overload shot buff..
Hopefully something epic like each time you coat your knife in acid, you increase the damage of your next hidden strike/backstab by 20%, stacks 5 times.

Aside from the obvious lol factor in hitting somebody from stealth for 14k+, it would be funny to see people constantly coating their knives in stealth and would at the very least be similar to LOLAPPTs using flame sweep repeatedly to build stacks for the LOLFlamethrower.

But yeah....if they buff overload shot again....
Free Character Transfer & Other Goodies: http://www.swtor.com/r/bgpK6G

Racter
01.02.2014 , 11:23 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Morde_ View Post
That "fairly significant" bit might be enough, considering they called the overload buff small... Maybe we get our burst back? I've been arguing for defensive buffs for a while but who knows. Maybe they made HS and BS on par with mauls! Just run three conc ops and one healer, it'll work! lol

Morde_
01.02.2014 , 11:56 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Racter View Post
That "fairly significant" bit might be enough, considering they called the overload buff small... Maybe we get our burst back? I've been arguing for defensive buffs for a while but who knows. Maybe they made HS and BS on par with mauls! Just run three conc ops and one healer, it'll work! lol
Ugh, I know you guys like your burst comps, but would you want to live in a quadruple operative (double concealment, double medicine) arena world?

If they buff the damage of explosive probe, I might cry. Not that I'll be subbed long enough to see the results, but I'm still curious to see the actual changes.
Scold
<Hey im washed up>
carried by jonie