Alien Sith Warrior?

Nanoescade

So, something that's confused me is that Sith Warriors are from a distinguished bloodline, regardless of species, but the Codex clearly states that until the Treaty of Coruscant was signed, only humans and Sith Purebloods were admitted to the Sith Academy. I have a headcanon for how my Zabrak Sith Warrior could be from a distinguished bloodline, namely that he's actually half-human, but what do you guys think?

So, something that's confused me is that Sith Warriors are from a distinguished bloodline, regardless of species, but the Codex clearly states that until the Treaty of Coruscant was signed, only humans and Sith Purebloods were admitted to the Sith Academy. I have a headcanon for how my Zabrak Sith Warrior could be from a distinguished bloodline, namely that he's actually half-human, but what do you guys think?

The ability to play SW on species other than PBS and human (and especially on Twi'lek / Rattataki / Miraluka / Mirialan) wasn't added until the release of Legacies in, I believe (I wasn't playing back then) 1.2. When that happened, a wide assortment of oddities crawled out of the woodwork, including that line about a distinguished bloodline.

But yes, a human/redZab hybrid would work, especially if you use one of the less aggressively red skin colours and a relatively sparse horn set.

I have a headcanon I use for alien SWs, involving Dromund Fels, the other planet in the Dromund system. 50 years before the GGW [the first sith-republic war], the Empire acquired a number of planets via a Louisiana Purchase. Several had alien populations, and a few were found to be force-sensitive, but unconnected to the Jedi. After some debate in the DK, the Empire decided to transport the families of the force-sensitive populations to DF, which up to that point had mainly been used for heavy industry.

They couldn't ignore so many force-sensitives, even if they were aliens, but they could segregate them. They knew they'd be going into war with the Republic in a few decades, and would need a few surprises ready. Possibly the Emperor signed off on it to make new Children.

The alien families on DF had a limited breeding pool, and their job, with the help of unscrupulous imperial scientists, was to maximize the chances of force-sensitives being born. They kept this secret from the rest of the imperial population since the hardliners would flip out. The deal they made with the ruling patriarchs was that in exchange for limited rights, if an alien was found to be force-sensitive, he'd be trained as a Sith on-world at an academy built on DF for that purpose. If they weren't force-sensitive, they had the option of joining the DF defensive arm of the imperial military. In neither case could they leave the planet; if they did, they'd be killed or enslaved.

For the first few decades, they never left the planet. Their main job was to procreate. During the GGW, this changed slightly, and alien Sith who passed at the academy would be permitted to leave. Alien imperials were still stuck there. During this time, no alien Sith rose above the ranks of Apprentice. After the war, and shortly before the events of the SW storyline, they changed the rules again to allow aliens [formally] to be trained at the academy. The DK broke the news at this time that they had 'pureblood' alien Sith. These aliens would be permitted to train at the academy on Korriban. Much later, they permitted alien imperials to leave the planet, like that Cathar on Makeb.

That's the best I've got. It still doesn't explain how your average imperial is supposed to tell the difference between an alien slave inquisitor and an alien 'pureblood' warrior, the way they do in this game.

Red Zabraks are from the homeworld of Iridonia, and are known to be more warlike and aggressively dangerous than their colonial, more regular skin-toned cousins. The Sith Empire has used them as mercs and soldiers for a long time. It's not surprising the truly powerful force users among them could gain recognition, not to mention they already have the "I'm pure so I'm better" outlook down since the red skin becomes more notable the closer you get to their homworld. They're one of the few races that actually has enough strength and self assurance to put themselves on even footing with actual OG Imperial and Sith races.

The ability to play SW on species other than PBS and human (and especially on Twi'lek / Rattataki / Miraluka / Mirialan) wasn't added until the release of Legacies in, I believe (I wasn't playing back then) 1.2. When that happened, a wide assortment of oddities crawled out of the woodwork, including that line about a distinguished bloodline.

But yes, a human/redZab hybrid would work, especially if you use one of the less aggressively red skin colours and a relatively sparse horn set.

I think red Zabraks were available from the start for SW which makes no sense lore-wise but I assumed it was so people could pretend to be Darth Maul or something.

I think red Zabraks were available from the start for SW which makes no sense lore-wise but I assumed it was so people could pretend to be Darth Maul or something.

No matter what class you play the first time as F2P, you have the same 3 choices when you start : human, cyborg and Zabrak ("light" ones for Republic and "dark" one for Empire)

I guess they just didn't think that Pureblood would make much more sense lore wise than Zabrak on a SW... Or they just didn't care at this point.

No matter what class you play the first time as F2P, you have the same 3 choices when you start : human, cyborg and Zabrak ("light" ones for Republic and "dark" one for Empire)

I guess they just didn't think that Pureblood would make much more sense lore wise than Zabrak on a SW... Or they just didn't care at this point.

I've never actually experienced F2P, I'm talking about when the game originally released and was sub only.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm suprised that your keen eye has forgot the twi'lek warrior trainer who was around since launch and before legacies were fully implemented.

Sorry, not sure how your post relates to what you quoted that I wrote. Yes, I wrote what you quoted, but it has no relationship with what you said. My point was that Darth Maul wannabes have to play Assassin to be able to use his "signature" weapon.