Time to nerf sages/sorceres in PVP.

tehrealdealz

First off im a former WoW player and I know a **** ton about PVP as all I did on that game is arena so I know when certain classes are OP. That being said, Sages/Sorcerers in this game are out of control with their damage. How do I know? Well let me see. Every WZ that I go in is filled with a huge amounts of these classes and its getting TIRING. Last night I lost count at how many times a sage would literally drop me in 5 secs or less. My friend who, and I kid you not, keyboard turns and clicks showed me how he could literally kill a level 50 in 4 gcds or less. Its tme that these two classes get HOT FIXED/NERFED today or sooner. That is all.

First off im a former WoW player and I know a **** ton about PVP

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

best thread ever!

Edited by Evuke

First off im a former WoW player and I know a **** ton about PVP as all I did on that game is arena so I know when certain classes are OP. That being said, Sages/Sorcerers in this game are out of control with their damage. How do I know? Well let me see. Every WZ that I go in is filled with a huge amounts of these classes and its getting TIRING. Last night I lost count at how many times a sage would literally drop me in 5 secs or less. My friend who, and I kid you not, keyboard turns and clicks showed me how he could literally kill a level 50 in 4 gcds or less. Its tme that these two classes get HOT FIXED/NERFED today or sooner. That is all.

Cool story bro..

So I would love to know how to kill someone in 4 gcd's

Seems everyone and their mother has champ gear or better now ( on my server at least).

Im wondering which of his attacks hit for 4-5k plus every GCD.

Saying someone can kill a level 50 in x amount of whatever's, is not really painting the correct picture as several details are being left out.

Any class, I mean any class, in the hands of a competent player will rip through the others. Both of these classes were hit hard with nerfs pre-launch.

Knowing that so many are playing these classes means that they are just spamming a couple of abilities. Yes, that is all most will do. Trying to make a case built on only a couple of abilities is the wrong way to go about things. Outlining with full details, including what the player of that class was using, wearing, and wielding comes in handy. Then outlining what they were ripping apart. Meaning, are you saying that a player that is a level 66 pvp'er going against a level 30 one is doing this? Well honestly, I hope they are. Or are you saying this is on an even playing field of 100% equality?

Trying to make a blanketed statement while listing your mmo/pvp resume is the wrong way to go about things. Sorry to burst that bubble.

Oh, I also have neither of these classes. I personally prefer to play the classes that others feel are not the FOTM as well as the ones that are viewed to be gimped beyond belief.

Sorcerer/Sages burst DPS is average at best. Their high numbers come from AoE on clusters of people too stupid to move a bit or go interrupt the sorcerer/sage. Put a single competent Sentinel/Scoundrel/Shadow on them and they are finished.

I've been saying for weeks there is only one problem with those classes and that is the double bubble. Take that away (simply make the debuff start when the bubble breaks and remove the 30s duration limit) and you can burn them as fast as was intended and not a few seconds longer which is the difference between heals going off or not.

Edited by RamzaBehoulve

I play WoW. Sorcs are OP because there are alot of them. I can't play my class and my friend who sucks can kill me. Nerf Sorc/Sages.

First off im a former WoW player and I know a **** ton about PVP.

k first of all lol at you for thinking these means you know a lot about pvp, i had a 2800 2's team and i still know very little about the pvp in this game it is not even in the same lvl of game...wow is easy mode, this game actually takes some skill.

Last night I lost count at how many times a sage would literally drop me in 5 secs or less. My friend who, and I kid you not, keyboard turns and clicks showed me how he could literally kill a level 50 in 4 gcds or less. Its tme that these two classes get HOT FIXED/NERFED today or sooner. That is all.

lul again...as a sorc i can tell you that even in full champ gear and a few BM pieces this is impossible sorc's don't do any burst dmg at all they are all dot and channeled dmg, i am lucky if i can get a 3500 crit with my hardest hitting skill...if you are as good as you say you are at pvp you should be able to smash a sorc...i do it all the time on my sniper and sniper's are one of the hardest classes to play well....so take your wannabe good pvp attitude elsewhere your fail.

Attempt to whine : DECLINED.

Oh you forgot to mention sorcerers can't 1v1 healers, they can't 1v1 equally geared melees, and they have a hard time staying alive once shield and dash are on cooldown.

They are glass cannons and if bioware felt they had to be toned down they would have been toned down. The problem is however, people without expertise gear have a hard time dealing with kinetic damage and playing vs PvE geared people is absolute fun for a sorcerer.

Go troll somewhere else mate :p

This post doesnt make any sense when you read it as if the writer was serious.

It had a different than intended meaning if you read it as if the writer was being sarcastic, but it makes sense.

Depending on the intended meaning it could be a good post or a bad post.

Sages/Sorcs are the true easy mode in pvp. Their channelled abilities do need a dps reduction. I played Sorc in beta, its fun to cast lightning and watch your enemys health bar drop so fast, I can see why its the most played class.

The damage is fine, they just need to nerf the talent in the shared tree that reduces the cooldown to 0. I also think they should reclassify it as a ranged attack. You always see Jedi parrying lightening in the movies and in cutscenes, so why not in game?

Attempt to whine : DECLINED.

Oh you forgot to mention sorcerers can't 1v1 healers, they can't 1v1 equally geared melees, and they have a hard time staying alive once shield and dash are on cooldown.

They are glass cannons and if bioware felt they had to be toned down they would have been toned down. The problem is however, people without expertise gear have a hard time dealing with kinetic damage and playing vs PvE geared people is absolute fun for a sorcerer.

Go troll somewhere else mate :p

And this is surprisingly accurate considering the thread it is in. My sentinel never has a problem with a sorc 1v1, it's only when there are 2 or 3 clustered together that they are a problem, but the same is true of any ranged DPS class.

Edited by Vodrin

The damage is fine, they just need to nerf the talent in the shared tree that reduces the cooldown to 0. I also think they should reclassify it as a ranged attack. You always see Jedi parrying lightening in the movies and in cutscenes, so why not in game?

And this is surprisingly accurate considering the thread it is in. My sentinel never has a problem with a sorc 1v1, it's only when there are 2 or 3 clustered together that they are a problem, but the same is true of any ranged DPS class.

When was the last time you didn't face a sorc daisy chain? If they aren't ops, they're sorcs.

the only valid point to this whole damn sorc/sage thing is this ....its a mindless class therefor extremely popular and yes getting into a wz against 5 of these clases is like a guaranteed loss for you.....nothing can be done about this because you absolutely cannot nerf them...why? ....i know as a sentinel (god please dont nerf me) if i can get 1 1vs1 .....lol its over i leap then play with it like a mouse they cast nope i kick ....then they cast ...nope i kick....then they ....nope i kick ...they are easy to destroy .....the problem is guys is that these lasses are in a 5 box if you will are deadly .....you can sit one but you cannot sit them all......i think they need to leave the classes alone just make intermidiate skills and force these classes to build up to there damage and they wont be as popular ...............get it i said force..*chuckles like a nerd*

you sir are hillarious, i play a sorc and if anything is OP it is the life grip in huttball, it is very difficult for me to take a good sentinal or marauder on 1v1 without losing them, and if i get jumped by an operative or scoundrel its pretty much game over for me, your just bad and its the most commonly played class so u want it to be nerfed, thx for the laugh