Romance All The Companions

Dedsithofthecold

Please, someone tell me I am not the only person here who would love it if we could go back to previous companions released and romance them? I, personally, would like my Female Trooper to Romance Elara and my Warrior to romance Vette. Just saying, it'd be great to have.

I'd like to know if BW has any plans with this cause I'd heavily support this. If I missed an update about it, someone please update me. In any case, I'll just have to stick to fanfiction for now since I'm a terrible writer and can't make my own fantasies translated to paper/document.

This was an idea I had swimming in my head for a while that would involve romancing companions and perhaps making a cool Valentine's holiday event too.

For a short time, the planet of Zeltron which is suppose to be like a lover's paradise getaway opens up with its own dailies, holiday related prizes and encounters. Each time this event takes place you can trigger a short storyline where your character can take a significant other on a trip to that world. Usually it would be whoever you are romancing at the time but it is during this time that you could choose to break up and see someone else or keep your current romance going.

For a short time, the planet of Zeltron which is suppose to be like a lover's paradise getaway opens up with its own dailies, holiday related prizes and encounters. Each time this event takes place you can trigger a short storyline where your character can take a significant other on a trip to that world.

Yes, that would be nice- playing romance just for romance's sake. And a VEEERY happy day for my smuggler alt (always looking for fun *g* )

But I can see it would probably be too expensive to implement, considering all the voice actors being needed (and it probably would not be enough to get more people to subscribe).

Unless devs come up with something that makes player spend money for this ..

I totally agree with you all. This is something long over do and is part of the fun of this game. The Dev team should give the players more freedom with companions romance or break up options. Maybe a fun mini daily quest where you try to keep a relationship with all your companions at once! We have enough companions to do a Raid at this point...makes me wonder if eventually Raids and group content would be added as story mode to be soloble for RPG and story telling quests purposes only using companions only, as Im sure we would want to do the normal group and raids for gear as always.

Hmmm achievement would be nice...but I would not know what could be name...as I think Pansexual Champion would be to strong for minors who play the game. lol :D

Edited by Zehal

1. I would SO romance Scourge with my Sith warrior if it were possible.....!

2 I would love to have a companion that would be " changed" into whatever gender/species/alignment we chose.

I.e. a dark sided male chiss for my imperial agent, a female miralin for one of my smugglers...

also we could set whether we wanted them to be force users or not.

Basically a template like we use for our characters, except it would be for a companion.

3. I LOVE the idea of being able to solo with a companion ["team" to go through some of the old flashpoints that I don't go through any more ever since they changed the difficulty to only make them veteran level. (Athiss, etc). Or being able to use all your companions to take down a world boss, or go through an Operation. that way you can go through at your own pace, no pressure to "hurry up" or skip or not skip dialogue at your own preference, etc.

(you'd set one companion to heal, one to tank, one to dps: instant 4 person team). or when you get the hang of it, an 8 person team of you plus 7 companions of your choice.

1. I would SO romance Scourge with my Sith warrior if it were possible.....!

2 I would love to have a companion that would be " changed" into whatever gender/species/alignment we chose.

I.e. a dark sided male chiss for my imperial agent, a female miralin for one of my smugglers...

also we could set whether we wanted them to be force users or not.

Basically a template like we use for our characters, except it would be for a companion.

3. I LOVE the idea of being able to solo with a companion ["team" to go through some of the old flashpoints that I don't go through any more ever since they changed the difficulty to only make them veteran level. (Athiss, etc). Or being able to use all your companions to take down a world boss, or go through an Operation. that way you can go through at your own pace, no pressure to "hurry up" or skip or not skip dialogue at your own preference, etc.

(you'd set one companion to heal, one to tank, one to dps: instant 4 person team). or when you get the hang of it, an 8 person team of you plus 7 companions of your choice.

OMG YES THIS, THIS!!!! I need this in my SW life!!!!!!!! this are great ideas...SWTOR Team make it happen! errr ehem Pretty please? :p

I'd have to say No until I heard more about how it would be implemented. Altering vanilla content's not an option because the spaghetti tangle of code is pretty much held together with spit and wishful thinking so there's too much risk in breaking all the romances just doing so much as sneezing on the code. Adding it to the KotET/FE content's not as risky but as we've seen with the Ossus expansion, romances can still break. Until we start seeing them fix the broken romances, I'm going to be very hesitant.

There's also how would they handle it? With the original LIs, the romance felt fairly organic since especially with the ones who joined early as you progressed through the class story dialogs. I think it'd feel cheap if broadening the range of LIs wasn't given the same attention. Allowing your character the option of romancing their original companions would work with some light tweaking, but other class' companions availability I'm iffy on either from personality or the character themselves . Case in point, I really can't see Zenith being interested in an Imperial, and I can't imagine anyone in thier right mind romancing Skadge so why waste dev time and resources on making him romanceable?

I would be all for being able to customize a companion off a template like Shayydow suggested, and I would absolutely adore the option of being able to take more companions with me through the veteran only flashpoints just so I could do more of them solo.

Uh you do know about the Khem Val deal right?

Yeah, not to mention I'd seen the um...explicit fan art that's been going around for years. But going from the various Favorite/Hated companions threads over the years, Skadge has been pretty consistent with being hated.