how long would you last working for the empire?

Cathest

seems kinda tough, you can be the best of the best but 1 slip up and they kill you and possibly your entire family as well (empire purge). It can't be easy, even if you are 100% awesome, if your child or parent messes up a mission, you can find yourself a slave or worse.

Shoot, even in empire strikes back, vader choked the admiral for losing the falcon, but if you read into his background that admiral was very admirable and had done many great things for the empire. People always brag about how awesome they are in fleet but the reality of the situation is that I don't think many of them would last long working for the empire. Do you?

(I really like discussing story and lore, its a good haven to get away form all the stress of grinding gear and getting made fun of for not having 180 gear)

I'm good at keeping my head down and working hard. Heh, when I volunteered over at the American Cancer Society they were honestly shocked that I actually finished all the work they could possibly give me XD

So, I think I'd last a bit longer. Either as a citizen of the empire or possibly a minder/fixer for Imperial Intelligence.

If I were fortunate enough to have zero or minimal interaction with any actual Sith, I suspect I could get by just fine. I'd probably be no different than any other patriotic individual working to serve and protect their people. It's when the Sith themselves get involved in all their overly emotional, unstable glory that the impulse kills and mass executions start flying as a result of their petty and childish temper tantrums.

I suspect most of the military, police force, and general citizenry remains largely unaffected by the Sith. It's the poor saps who get stuck working with a Sith lord that should worry not only for themselves but also their friends and family should they so much as accidentally mispronounce a name.

The Empire is just that, an Empire. For centuries they operated in isolation, meaning they were responsible for every facet of their society. The Sith make up a tiny fraction of the Empire, and its armed forces are still only a part of it as well. Military instruction may be mandatory for all citizens, but I'm sure once someone's finished their training, maybe completed a tour of domestic defense or report for monthly security detail, there ought to be some 'normal' options for them. Even in the Empire, there's going to be engineers, pilots, doctors, managers, bartenders, artists, educators, merchants, etc.

Your work would likely be nationalized and with strict oversight, but there's a way of life out there for the 'normals'. The reason most Imperial fear/revere the Sith is likely because they don't have to interact with them on a daily basis. All they know are the stories and myths and the official reports.

Just get a job with Production and Logistics working at your prefecture's manufactory. If you screw up, blame one of the slaves.

Edited by Osetto

at launch, it shouldn't never come to be republic as the good ones, and the empire as the bads. They should have made two distincts factions who people could rely on both, with their own pros and cons. Just is like the Alliance vs Horde conflict in World of Warcraft. Instead what we have it's simply antagonists vs protagonists. Bioware is now trying to fix that and 'appease' the vilanism on the empire side and turning the republic into more 'reckless' and showing some level of incompetence.

Personally, If I was force sensitive, I'd sign up for the Sith Academy ASAP. I thoroughly enjoy being an Imperial patriot. Maybe a spot as Darth Marr's apprentice. I really like that guys, has some sense in his head, unlike people like Thanaton who go on allay blabbing about "Sith Tradition here, Sith Tradition there."

Personally, If I was force sensitive, I'd sign up for the Sith Academy ASAP. I thoroughly enjoy being an Imperial patriot. Maybe a spot as Darth Marr's apprentice. I really like that guys, has some sense in his head, unlike people like Thanaton who go on allay blabbing about "Sith Tradition here, Sith Tradition there."

Were I force sensitive I think I'd rather be Sith than Jedi too... I like the Empire, overall, and there's nothing saying you can't be one of those chill, mellow, reasonable Sith Lords scattered around the galaxy.

If I were an Imperial, I'd probably defect to the Republic at first opportunity.

Barring Imperial Intelligence (and sometimes even then, because half the time this stuff happens because of poor intelligence), the Imperial Military is almost constantly portrayed as woefully incompetent. I've been going through a lot of side quests on the Imperial side, and they're all about how some Imperial unit got completely wiped out by an ambush they didn't anticipate or going up against enemies that can kill them 10 to 1 in a straight fight so now they need a skilled Bounty Hunter/Sith/Agent to take care of the job for them. It's been a while since I've played the Republic side so I don't remember everything, but by comparison those are mostly about the Republic forces letting the heroes do the job because they happen to be around and able to help out, before they go and get a platoon of men slaughtered.

This isn't even accounting for being killed for generally screwing up one little thing or some random Sith coming by and killing me because they felt like it and there's nothing I can do to stop them; just working alongside the alleged "soldiers" of the Empire is liable to get me killed because I can't even trust the guy next to me to do his job right.

It's no different than working in the United States Empire. If you're submissive you can go far. The moment you start organizing workers and talking about joining or starting a Union all sorts of things can happen to you.

Look at the Walmart employees. Disney employees said they wanted a raise and now Robert Igor is like sure, but I'm taking away your pensions. what breaks my heart is all of these Star Wars celebrities going to Disney's Star Wars weekends as if everything is OK. It's not.

And that's just at home. Imagine what workers go through in our subordinate puppet regimes like Saudi Arabia where they have debt slavery or Colombia where Coca Cola union leaders have been murdered.

If I was force sensitive, straight to the Sith academy to train as a warrior. Although I'd be one of the "grey Sith" who's NOT a homicidal maniac lol.

Otherwise, I'd be a bounty hunter. I've worked for myself for to long now to put up with the foolishness of imperial arrogance.

Either way I'd survive a long time, because "I shoot first like my name is Solo"