Could we get some clarification on the following bugs/class improvements please?

Going

Team at BioWare.

Y'all have done well with 6.0 with many quality of life improvement, but I feel we are avoiding a couple small but costly bugs that results in disrupted gameplay by some of your core players spread across pvp, and pve.

Scoundrel/Operative, Shadow/Assasin Trick move, and shadow stride ability

Should be given a re-work. I feel like a simple acknowledgement of its issues, and a possible solution given would be a step in the right direction. Both of these work in the same way and both result in the same issues.

I think my biggest gripe with this ability is that it can insta kill you, as it seems to bounce of objects. It does not seem to be very consistent either as sometimes you use the ability and it doesn't actually work but it goes on cd.

Reference to a video from two years ago. I feel that something that causes this should not be allowed to persist from a quality stand point.

Another issue from a quality standpoint would be the vents that blow you to a target location. Mandalorian arena, and the two huttball matches.

These currently have a broken animation.

Also they randomly insta kill you at random when used.

Solution could be to remove them entirely and add a console to click like queshball, or just remove them until they are fixed.

These are actual game breaking bugs that do disrupt casual and core players ability to enjoy the game in several areas. Would be awesome for the community/team relationship to get some feedback on this at the least.

Thanks!

Team at BioWare.

Y'all have done well with 6.0 with many quality of life improvement, but I feel we are avoiding a couple small but costly bugs that results in disrupted gameplay by some of your core players spread across pvp, and pve.

Scoundrel/Operative, Shadow/Assasin Trick move, and shadow stride ability

Should be given a re-work. I feel like a simple acknowledgement of its issues, and a possible solution given would be a step in the right direction. Both of these work in the same way and both result in the same issues.

I think my biggest gripe with this ability is that it can insta kill you, as it seems to bounce of objects. It does not seem to be very consistent either as sometimes you use the ability and it doesn't actually work but it goes on cd.

Reference to a video from two years ago. I feel that something that causes this should not be allowed to persist from a quality stand point.

Another issue from a quality standpoint would be the vents that blow you to a target location. Mandalorian arena, and the two huttball matches.

These currently have a broken animation.

Also they randomly insta kill you at random when used.

Solution could be to remove them entirely and add a console to click like queshball, or just remove them until they are fixed.

These are actual game breaking bugs that do disrupt casual and core players ability to enjoy the game in several areas. Would be awesome for the community/team relationship to get some feedback on this at the least.

Thanks!

the problem with rising number of buggs was discussed here - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=973842 and since devs didn't give any answer it seems they just don't care :rolleyes: or they dont have enough resources even for fixing buggs

Edited by bladech

Yeah they lack the resources to even acknowledge bugs, let alone fix them.

Oh I will grant them the lack of resources to fix bugs. But how is acknowledging bugs a resource problem?

Musco: oh that's a bug. There, acknowledged. That is literally all acknowledging a bug requires.

Edited by KendraP

The stride one is a fun one to play with though. Get a friend to stand above you on some platforn with a lamppost or object behind him ... tell him to jump on the spot, and if u time it right, with the correct allignment between you, friend, and object (try to have object just slightly off straight line so u hit edge of it (think snooker shot), .. you can get to places you shouldn't be able to, even if they are 100s of metres away... I've seen other pics and vids of people almost reaching orbit ;p

Edit; Got drunk and way off topic, removed.

Edited by uppen

This is the scary part. They still haven't even acknowledged the vent bug which is randomly, instantly killing people and affecting the outcome of games in ranked. Not a peep from Bioware. It's pathetic.

The walk out of spawn and instadeath is a bad one, seems to happen most on mando arena for me, game breaker for the rest of the team, especially when they think your throwing the game.

Had another funny one that only seems to happen on my sin in corellia square ... after stride and spike keybind spam my toon goes on permanent backpedal, pressing W only makes him stand still, not move forwards ... played a couple games with the bug on perma backpedal, funny but broken, it even persisted after the arena .. the only way i could fix it was to either relog, or unbind backwards and rebind it in keybinds. It's only happened a few times in 100s of games, and only in corellia arena, but still, very odd.

Edited by uppen

some bug on my mind

dirty fighting gunslinger animation seem not working during wounding shots so half way you dont see it fire but the channel still working

merc/mando rocket you, if you push 2x back to back you will pemastuck and even /stuck wont clear it

Yeah they lack the resources to even acknowledge bugs, let alone fix them.

Musco’s probably on Anthem with the rest of the swtor team and just “dials” in a yellow post when he gets a txt from Kieth.

I can’t see too much feed back reaching the dev team and I see no communication coming back from them. Which leads me to believe they don’t even know.

some bug on my mind

dirty fighting gunslinger animation seem not working during wounding shots so half way you dont see it fire but the channel still working

merc/mando rocket you, if you push 2x back to back you will pemastuck and even /stuck wont clear it

I find rocket out also activates twice sometimes even if you push it once. Which is a total waste of a DCD and as you say, can put you into obstacles, walls and floors and you can’t get out.

Musco’s probably on Anthem with the rest of the swtor team and just “dials” in a yellow post when he gets a txt from Kieth.

I can’t see too much feed back reaching the dev team and I see no communication coming back from them. Which leads me to believe they don’t even know.

Musco knows, i'm certain of it. If they know people were asking mandalorian based yoda and gear set, they read the forums.

Just like when they were asked about desync, they know, but they cant do anything about it, and i dont think musco is authorized to talk about it.

They involve performance issues and they probably have one enginner that works on it half time and EA is not willing to put more resources on it. Keith is our only hope. He is the only one that may be able to do something about it.

I was hopeful when i saw engine adjustments in the guild emblem patch. I hope they continue.

Help us Keith Kennig! You are our only hope! :hope_04:

Edited by Nemmar