Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Early Access 'Waves' - Updating Here

ProjectOlle
12.13.2011 , 08:27 AM | #401
Quote: Originally Posted by Mirriwah View Post
Wow I gave these people my money early for a whole day?

**** everything about this.
If this info isnt official, then it stop spreading it.. its just speculations, and you got nothing to back it up...

Xirandir
12.13.2011 , 08:27 AM | #402
Quote: Originally Posted by AbsolutGrndZero View Post
*sets up Ewok traps to help Xyonai have many Ewoks to shave*
Be sure to eat 'em, too.
||▀i´!´!´!´!´!´!i▀▀!▀Ḹ‾{█████████████████████████████████████████████)

Nagrad
12.13.2011 , 08:27 AM | #403
I frankly am quite frustrated with this process. I purchased my game, via the origin/EA store and using my registered account which I will play with, on July 21st. However, I did not read the "fine print" (aka I didn't scroll to the bottom of my pre-order receipt email) so I did not know I had to take the extra step of applying it to my account. After all, I bought the game through my account to begin with.

The result is I did not know I had to apply it until November 4 when a friend mentioned it to me. So, I essentially paid $5 (pre-order fee beyond the game purchase itself) for the privilege of being frustrated. I emailed Customer Support regarding this including all pertinent details such as order number date and email address it was registered to and basically got a "sorry we're not going to do anything" reply.

To be blunt, I'm half a step away from demanding a refund on the pre-order fee, and seriously doubt I will ever again pre-order anything from EA/Origin due to their lackluster response to this issue.

Rukia-
12.13.2011 , 08:27 AM | #404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwich
Dear Mr. Reid,

Sorry you should go into politics.

Saying nothing with so many words.

I can not understand why you can┤t write an email saying "Kwich" you are on position 54.312 on the preorderlist.

The plan is:

Wave 1 at 1 Pm GMT (first 10.000 players)
Wave 2 planned at 2:30 pm GMT (next 10.000 players)
etc.

Then I could at least get an estimate when the earliest time would be I can go in.

I have wasted already 3 hrs of my life refreshing the client, twitter and my email account.

Have you ever waited on the telephone? This is worse! I can hear my guildmates chatting on TS which makes everything even "better".

Everything I could circumwent if I knew when to expect I could join.

VERY, very, disappointing.

Br,

Kwich
<3 that
-Cool Ranch Chips and Banana Clips-

iain_b
12.13.2011 , 08:28 AM | #405
Quote: Originally Posted by NemesisDBV View Post
Why are there no eu servers online, are we not getting early acces???
They are online... Their timezone is N/A.
My Little Pwny
Kulok Dunar, Powertech and GM of MLP. Want to join? Click here for info.

Squadron 1020 & 367

Ztekan
12.13.2011 , 08:28 AM | #406
I think people are getting nuts and the f5 key around the world has been used 3458838291939569324999 times since 7am EST

Im one of those getting nuts , i preodred 12 agust and was sure i was in the first wave , but im an optemist,

skruffert
12.13.2011 , 08:28 AM | #407

Sure is fun being a second-class citizen getting ROFLstomped by level 50s a whole TWENTY FOUR HOURS before everybody else does! Oh boy! So glad I forked over $60 of my hard-earned money for that great honor.
Who the **** cares when you gave them your money! You would anyways pay for the game the 20th. So pointless *********** stupid raging, ****

Pherdnut
12.13.2011 , 08:28 AM | #408
No @that guy with the CE pre-orders getting in earlier for early access question. If anything, ordering CE results in you being screwed from playing on launch day due to the cancellation of grace period without verification that retailers were on the same game-plan as EA who is now pretending like nothing is their fault while the vast majority retailers aren't shipping until the 20th.
Amurrka, Malfunction, Skeeve, Derp, Deeva, Orinj @Dreshdae Cantina

"QQ!"

Smekbar
12.13.2011 , 08:28 AM | #409

Sure is fun being a second-class citizen getting ROFLstomped by level 50s a whole TWENTY FOUR HOURS before everybody else does! Oh boy! So glad I forked over $60 of my hard-earned money for that great honor.
So you wouldnt of payed that cash anyways? Stop being a kid. If you really wanted
to have good early access you would of registered as early as the real fans.

Get over it!

Mnkybttr
12.13.2011 , 08:28 AM | #410
Quote: Originally Posted by Kadirra View Post
I don't really care when I will get access at this point. I just want a darn ETA. They should go ahead and send mails out to everyone giving date and time, so people can go on with their lives and not feel the need to check all the time wondering "is it now?" ..."what about now?".

Disappointment is only going to build for those who won't get in today, or tomorrow, especially if they are given no general ETA of when to start checking their mails and they're so eager to play that they check every hour. No matter how successful the launch is, the experience for many will be soured by this lack of information.
I'm in complete agreement with the above. Granted I'm going to grumble if I can't get in until tomorrow, but I can at least stop obsessively checking my e-mail. Its a game I realize this, its not the "I NEED TO PLAY RIGHT NOW" its the "what if I could be playing right now? better check my e-mail" thats going to kill me before the day is out.

Thanks for the bluepost, but it doesn't fully alleviate this OCD need to keep refreshing my e-mail, my guild page, and the facebook SWTOR page.

Also, I'm highly disinclined to believe that if Bioware is saying that its based on when we redeemed our codes that the people claiming to have redeemed earlier this month and are getting in are telling the truth. Trolls troll, don't feed them.