If SWG came back would there be enough subs for 5 devs?

Chiricahua

I think that's how many devs they had near the end. I had 3 accounts which was $45 per month, but I had fun. I miss the crafting. I even miss the surveying and harvesting. Miss my DL-44 smugglers pistol too. I wanted to get that huge vehicle garage just before they decided to pull the plug. I was going to turn it into a work shop and outfit with vendors. Edited by Chiricahua

they can't charge for subs. I think they can ask for donations but it would get really dicey if they start to make some serious money.

Are you right on the money or what. LA are notoriously litigious. I guarantee you they have an eye on these projects, and if a legitimate dime is made off of the property, they'll get it shut down.

Are you right on the money or what. LA are notoriously litigious. I guarantee you they have an eye on these projects, and if a legitimate dime is made off of the property, they'll get it shut down.

Well considering so far that the EMUs haven't been shut down..moreso the NGE one because they have added/are adding things that the actual game didn't make I don't think they'll get shut down. They have added some much bigger ships for space(corvette frigates, Neb B frigates, lamba shuttles, cargo ships etc), they also added a female walk/run animation, heck they are also putting in new species, chiss, talz to name a few.

They may also added in Hoth, Bespin and Ord Mantell as actual planets.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Well considering so far that the EMUs haven't been shut down..moreso the NGE one because they have added/are adding things that the actual game didn't make I don't think they'll get shut down. They have added some much bigger ships for space(corvette frigates, Neb B frigates, lamba shuttles, cargo ships etc), they also added a female walk/run animation, heck they are also putting in new species, chiss, talz to name a few.

They may also added in Hoth, Bespin and Ord Mantell as actual planets.

Hmmmm interesting indeed. Maybe oneday I'll check that out...lol I still have SWG launcher on my laptop even haha.

SWG was dead before the plug was finally pulled. Servers were turning into ghost towns and people left in droves. I miss that game still, but it was dead long before it was put out of its misery.

Actually, there were tons of people on Starsider until a week after they announced closing. It went downhill fast after that. Not as many people wanted to keep investing in characters they were never going to see again.

So by "tons" you mean this? :rolleyes:

LOL, as if sites like that actually know specifics. Yeah, the server was busy all hours of the day. There was at least one more US server that had a heavy population as well. I wouldn't know about the euro servers though.

Here is how much they know swtor 1.5 million subs L-O- freaking-L

Edited by Hambunctious

When links are posted on the internet, they must be factual. Similar to Wiki, which is omniscient. ;)

To answer the question, yes, there would be enough subscriptions to support a number of devs. The two incarnations in the works and the number of players which are playing the current emulator show that it would be supported.

Edited by Pirana

LOL, as if sites like that actually know specifics. Yeah, the server was busy all hours of the day. There was at least one more US server that had a heavy population as well. I wouldn't know about the euro servers though.

Here is how much they know swtor 1.5 million subs L-O- freaking-L

"LOL, as if sites like that actually know specifics"

Hmm, smell the irony?

Either way, it goes to show SWTOR made more subscribers than SWG ever achieved in its entire life time.

Edited by TalkingDinosaur

Hmm, smell the irony?

Either way, it goes to show SWTOR made more subscribers than SWG ever achieved in its entire life time.

Um no, sorry your wrong.

Hmm, smell the irony?

I smell something in your posts alright, and there's no iron the four letter word.

How long ago was it when SWG was released, and how many people played mmos back then?

Your point is moot. No mmo had a large population until a few years after WOW matured somewhat, and none have ever come close to WOW numbers. Including this one.

Our sever was busy, we had many more fun things to do than what SWTOR offers, and we didn't have near as many annoying inconveniences that are present in SWTOR.

Obviously, the large percentage of people who played this game didn't think it was all that great, or it wouldn't be down to 25% - 30% of what it had.

I support Private servers for dead games. In some ways, It makes sense that Games who have had their servers pulled should legally go into some sort of public domain... Character and other I.P rights aside. One thing I think few will argue, American and even global Licencing laws are in serious need of being reworked. The bulk of I.P laws where written in a time well before the Internet.

SWGemu is running strongly. With a population cap of 3000 which it gets close to on most nights. I can see people, i can feel the world around, has atmosphere and plenty to do. And with a few mods added on such as framerate increase and GUI mods and some graphics with forced AA; it's more appealing to look at than this pre-school ad fest.

Galaxies is a legendary addition to the Star Wars universe.... The Old Republic is an insult and deserves everything that has happened to it imo.