Cash shop

DarthRik

With al lthis talk of free to play and the threads been fired up left right and center. why not and this is my idear and more than likey somthing that BW has planned already.

Add a cash shop to buy in game items, such as

Custom mod gear - think like an almost look alike Darth Vader out fit, a luke/han ect ect outfit

Mounts, a mount that scales with your riding skill

pets, lost and lots and lots and lots of pets.

Space ship upgrades, grade 7-8-9 ect ect, or custom skins for your ship.

all this well turn a massive profit, just look at WoW shop that makes them a ton of money and they still have a P2P model.

im not asking for items that will give you a chance to win in game, thats just bad, the custom armour would be liek social gear, gives the players who want a look that they can have if they pay real money for it. this is a no brainer as we all know players will pay for these items.

With al lthis talk of free to play and the threads been fired up left right and center. why not and this is my idear and more than likey somthing that BW has planned already.

Add a cash shop to buy in game items, such as

Custom mod gear - think like an almost look alike Darth Vader out fit, a luke/han ect ect outfit

all this well turn a massive profit, just look at WoW shop that makes them a ton of money and they still have a P2P model.

im not asking for items that will give you a chance to win in game, thats just bad, the custom armour would be liek social gear, gives the players who want a look that they can have if they pay real money for it. this is a no brainer as we all know players will pay for these items.

I'm sorry. I love this game, but the moment a cash shop for anything more than vanity items is implemented, I'm out. Social gear without mod slots, sure. Mounts and non-combat pets, yeah. Armour? No. Weapons? No. Ship upgrades? No.

And the game isn't going free to play. It's going free to play up until level 15, Coruscant. That is all. Same as WoW's done.

ship upgrade does not affect anyother person but yoursellf, as its an upgrade for a MINI game.

and i didnt say anything about armour or things that affect you in game such as P2W items.

please read my post before nerd raging

It doesn't matter. Ship upgrades affect how easy or hard it is to do space missions. Higher level space gear needs to be earned though commendations or crafting, not by spending real money.

And yes. yes you did.

If this gear has no mod slots, Sure. Let people buy it with real money. If it has mod slots, make them earn it ingame.

I'm not nerd raging. I'm stating a simple fact. If it happens, I'm gone and I doubt I'm the only one. Cash shops ruin games. Force knows I'd even go as far as saying it ruined WoW.

Pets. Sure.

Cosmetic Costumes. Sure.

Nothing w/ Mod Slots.

Nothing That Are Mods.

Nothing That Affects Gameplay In Any Way.

Just Things Purely Cosmetic Or Vanity In Nature.

Ship Parts: No. It makes it easier to do space missions, and who knows... They may someday make space combat multiplayer.

ship upgrade does not affect anyother person but yoursellf, as its an upgrade for a MINI game.

They have stated that they are working on a major overhaul for the space combat portion of the game. While they haven't said how, there have been innumerable threads about space PvP and group space missions and so on. So while ship upgrades only affect you "right now," in the future they could affect a lot more than just you. So I would agree that ship upgrades should not be part of a cash shop.

That said, I'm also against the idea of a cash shopt for the game. If the shop sells anything other than vanity items, that would be the end of my time in the game.

Edited by mathisk

A cash shop is an excellent idea. SWG had that, in the form of the card game with its loot cards, and it was fairly awesome (and financially successful). I would like to see the same sort of thing in SWToR, and people running around with Legendary glowing lightsaber hilts, or vibroswords with plasma lightning coursing around the business end, and special Legendary armor pieces that are extra-ornate and have a slight glow.

True, cash-bought items should not give a battle advantage to any players, that would just destroy the PvP scene which is important for the players that like to be involved in that part of the game. In SWG there were exclusive buff items you could get in the Card Game, however they were functionally equal to the in-game reward items from quests, and used the same buff slot as those in-game buff items... so there wasn't actually any added advantage with them.

Perhaps there could be some cash-bought items that are usable only in non-PvP scenarios, that give a battle advantage. As far as I can tell, people's only concern is whether cash-bought items cause an imbalance in the PvP arena.

Actually if you think about it, there's the Legacy abilities that give a PvP advantage, right? Those are somewhat elite items... it's not very easy to save up 5 million credits.

But everyone can obtain the LEGACY perks if they want to. So its not really unfair.

But BUYING something to get an advantage gives you an advantage that others may not be able to do. [i mean, in some cases, people pay for the game would be the last $15 they can afford each month, and can't afford anything else]

Even in PvE scenarios, it gives players an advantage. It lets them level faster / grind faster.