PTS playtimes posted by Eric, starts today 7/14/2018 (read for exact times)

Lhancelot

Hey folks!

Let's get together for our next focused PTS playtest session. To amp things up a bit from our first session, we invite you to tag along with some influencers during each session! Play if you can, but if you can't they will be streaming throughout each session with giveaways!

Here are the details:

• When: Session 1 - Saturday, 7/14 from 8AM PDT - 10AM PDT

[*]When: Session 2 - Saturday, 7/14 from 3PM PDT - 5PM PDT

[*]What: Queue for regular (unranked) Warzones

[*]Character: Any character level 10+, any spec, any Faction

Like last time, some folks from the dev team will be playing incognito as well throughout the tests. Be sure to record any and all feedback you have in the Warzone Changes and Matchmaking Changes threads. We look forward to seeing your feedback. You can learn more about the PTS here.

Thanks!

-eric

Just wanted to post these in other sections of the forums seeing many people do not read the PTS section. Please show up and give feedback in the PTS section!

They have made tons of changes already according to feedback given, for instance changing the Rishi SH to have an option to turn PVP off and on, they also cleaned it up by removing a lot of the trash that people complained about, just a couple to note!

Please try to make it to the PTS server today.

First session done.

Two words - healer cancer.

Matchmaking is clear broken when you have 3-4 healers per team in every match.

13 matches and not one had less than 5 healers in a game.

I really hope the second session is better because it was impossible to test much when you can’t progress in Void Star because it’s a stalemate at the doors.

Good luck, I’m off to bed now. It’s 3:45am here,

First session done.

Two words - healer cancer.

Matchmaking is clear broken when you have 3-4 healers per team in every match.

13 matches and not one had less than 5 healers in a game.

I really hope the second session is better because it was impossible to test much when you can’t progress in Void Star because it’s a stalemate at the doors.

Good luck, I’m off to bed now. It’s 3:45am here,

Matchmaiking won't help. The problem is in class mechanic.

Edited by helpmewin

Clearly, the matchmaking isn't working as intended. Hoping they sort it out until release. All our positive feedback about all these changes is kinda dependant on them working, and without matchmaking, cross-faction just increases the statistical probability of balance, but probability can still fail you in places algorithms cannot...

Had good matchmaking myself in wzs so far. Sure sometimes there was a number of healers but evenly split. There was only couple of matches going at the same time tops so if 6 healers que then they will get put into the match ... devs can’t help with that

question of the year.... how many of the testers on pts (ie, you guys) are aware you are testing 5.9.2 and matchmaking was promised in 5.10?

There is a specific thread on the PTS forums for reporting feedback on matchmaking, and the very first post is Eric asking for feedback on the matchmaking that is coming in 5.9.2...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=951165

If there is something else that says 5.10, then bioware is sending mixed messages. :D

There is a specific thread on the PTS forums for reporting feedback on matchmaking, and the very first post is Eric asking for feedback on the matchmaking that is coming in 5.9.2...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=951165

If there is something else that says 5.10, then bioware is sending mixed messages. :D

I believe they are. because not only is there zero matchmaking attempts on the pts, but it has been updated, and had a "future" update plan posted, neither of which addressed matchmaking.

Edited by Seterade

That is a valid question really.;)

the players I talked in pts seems to think we need more players and tanks specially to properly test matchmaking out.

I agree that more players (and yes, tanks) would help test the quality of the "match players of equal skill" part of match making.

But the raw mechanics of the claimed "max 2 healers and max 2 tanks in an 8 v 8 match" seems to be broken (or was mis-stated). That's still the largest complaint that I've seen from anyone - that we were getting 3 and 4 healers per side in matches, and quite often. In fact, I think having the population we did, where we seemed to have an unusually large percentage of healers, might have been good for revealing exactly this problem.

I believe they are. because not only is there zero matchmaking attempts on the pts, but it has been updated, and had a "future" update plan posted, neither of which addressed matchmaking.

I'm not sure about "zero". I have screens of almost all the games I played in the first "dev session" this morning (I forgot to take a couple) - out of the 9 games I have a record of, all of them had an equal (or as equal as possible) number of healers on each side. That seems unlikely (granted, not impossible) if they did NO matching at all.

But yeah, obviously something is amiss with match making, and I haven't seen anything from bioware about if they think something is wrong, or match making wasn't complete yet, or if we just didn't understand what it was supposed to be doing.

this is an example of the current pts matchmaking process. https://ibb.co/dbYDmo

you can clearly see, 2 hls in que, a tnk, and 5 dps, so naturaly, regs 4s matchs all support on one side, and 4 dps on the other.

this was taken from the first session, since then, there have not been one dev post saying anything about matchmaking updates or changes.

Edited by Seterade

Matchmaiking won't help. The problem is in class mechanic.

But Musco states that there would only be one healer and one tank per team. So the problem is either he had it wrong or it’s broken.

Even 2 healers per team is too much with the amount they can heal. But having 3 - 4 on a team is just ridiculous. The road map was supposed to fix this healer cancer, but on the pts it’s worse than the live servers.

Add tanks to the mix and the whole thing makes you not want to play.

Match making is still a problem when you consider that we had 2 healers on one team in arena and the other team had 1 healer and no tanks. That is definitely a match making problem.