(Unofficial) WARNING - SPOILERS ALLOWED - Talk about Onslaught story thread - SPOILER

ZionHalcyon

As someone who has played this game since launch almost I wanted to express to the developers how much I enjoyed the expansion. I know this isn't a popular viewpoint here but I want to explain why. First I came here and read all the negativity about expansion. I witnessed firsthand the crafting stuff, the gear reverting back to the shells instead of the armor pieces, losing the 160 armor mod in the victorious pioneer armor set, and to be frank I have no idea what to do about gearing or how to go about it but I will figure it out.

Let's address the negativity first: People said the expansion is two hours of new content. I started the expansion last night at around midnight eastern with my Gaurdian, sided with republic and finished around 445 am. I had maybe 2 5 minute breaks in there. As I play more i'm sure this will go down as I learn the maps better. I for wanted to enjoy every interaction and that's where you see Bioware's attention to detail and how what you character says is quality over quantity. No way can you complete this in 2 hours so I developed a negative attitude that almost made say well I will skip this and play at a later date. I'm glad I didn't. The ending with Scourge and Kira was absolutely priceless and sets up the next chapter perfectly. The issue I had was the Satele part because if I remember correctly she saves Kira and Scourge at the end of Kotet and you see hear on Courscant moving things around and I thought in that dialouge it implied she was in this coma thing. Maybe I misunderstood. I'm got options to flirt with both returning npc's so I can assume both are romanceable. The other thing I enjoyed and thought was absolutely wonderful the interaction between Lana and Gnost-Dural heading to Corellia. Her explaining her views as a SIth and her being so pragmatic about the whole thing impressed the hell out me. Bravo Bioware!

I also enjoyed the end. Being offered citizenship for the entire alliance. All records erased and every and everybody given a new lease on life. Odessen given a senator and represented in the galactic republic you restored to your old title and being a jedi again. Here's with the inter conflict for me was torn. I sat their debating this decision for 10 minutes. First: I haven't been with the republic in what 7 years, Second my female jedi is in a relationship with lana, how could that every be accepted within the jedi I do believe the conversation previously stated proves she isn't a blood thirsty sith dimwit but deep down old habits die hard, and the jedi may never accept her. Still it weighted heavily on me and in the end I choose to keep the alliance. Believe I've posted several times get rid of it but in the end I like the fact I have the illusion of making my own decision and being on my own. My character decided that she would be there for them as long she the republic remains is the beacon of light. She sided with the sith at Iokath because Empress Acina aided her against Zakuul but Acina has changed from this moderate to a hradliner and she can't side with someone who wants to genocide billlions in the name of conquest. My opinion only. You're entitled to believe whatever.

Crafting is definitely a mess. When simple mod pieces are going form arorund 60 million credits there's a problem. Everything cost to expensive to craft now =, and as someone who embraced crafting for 10 months and made tons of credits I feel it's no longer a viable way to make income in the game. Maybe with some tweeks over time I will see this differently.

Gearing I have no idea what to do. I wasn't on the pts but I've read somethings and I will try it out and see how it goes. Right now crafting doesn't appear to be a good way to get gear so i've been basically doing lock boxes and not worriyng so much about the set bonuses.

i fully agree with you. I actually enjoy the story part of the Onslaught and given the many opportuities that we are given due to different characters "stance/approach" - you may have few interesting plots going further. this is definitely a good point. And no way you can do it in 2 hours. - mostly because - yeah, it all feels we are lvl 1 again.

I totally agree, the gearing is a mess, but when irks me the most is the new UI and loosing all the legacy armors distinction. I have SO MANY of them scattered among different characters (though i was trying to be smart recently and put is at least in class order) that it is impossible now to see what is what actually. bad , bad move by Bioware.

I do not even try crafting - as explained elsewehere many times, it was a pointless activity to me fo far, and now even more.

But from the story perspective it is actually very good.

Only one question remains: all previous stories might even intertwine with each other (in a way) or be completely opposite, but the outcome were leving the galaxy in the same state, no matter what.

Now it seems to be totally different, because if you are Republic, you saved the Shipyard, if you are Imperial, you destoryed it.

Some Darths might end captured on Rep side, on imp not - how does that will continue?

Has anyone noticed that we now have at least 2 different endings?

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some Darths might end captured on Rep side, on imp not - how does that will continue?

Has anyone noticed that we now have at least 2 different endings?

This has been the case since at LEAST Iokath. Onslaught didn't start that trend. We already have a situation now because of how Iokath can play out where either Acina or Vowrawn can be the current Empress/Emperor, Ossus was the same, on one side you catch Gnost-Dural with Malgus and the other you help him and he survives.

You have a choice in the end of the Flashpoint, which was sweet.

Too bad my SI didn't get the romance lock due to the stupid camera bug.

Must be bugged, because my SI romanced and married Lana and got nothing in the way of flirt options or special dialogues.

I do hope there is a chance to bring Vaylin back though, she was mostly a victim.

As for the emperor, just let us see his true body that's all.

Sorry, but for me, based on her voice ALONE I hope she doesn't return. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. Have to skip most of her lines anytime I am into KOTFE/ET

How do you guys think about Malgus' motivation right now? The Empire did follow his ideal route, but he obviously didn't want to be a pawn.

His motivation is to be in charge. He may have disguised it with "idealism" before, but make no mistake, his endgame has always been to be on top, Ilum was a pure power grab as much as anything else, he was willing to fracture the current Empire and pretty much guarantee defeat in the long term just to grab the big chair. If he truly wanted change there were better ways to achieve it after all.

This has been the case since at LEAST Iokath. Onslaught didn't start that trend. We already have a situation now because of how Iokath can play out where either Acina or Vowrawn can be the current Empress/Emperor, Ossus was the same, on one side you catch Gnost-Dural with Malgus and the other you help him and he survives.

Must be bugged, because my SI romanced and married Lana and got nothing in the way of flirt options or special dialogues.

Sorry, but for me, based on her voice ALONE I hope she doesn't return. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. Have to skip most of her lines anytime I am into KOTFE/ET

His motivation is to be in charge. He may have disguised it with "idealism" before, but make no mistake, his endgame has always been to be on top, Ilum was a pure power grab as much as anything else, he was willing to fracture the current Empire and pretty much guarantee defeat in the long term just to grab the big chair. If he truly wanted change there were better ways to achieve it after all.

I gotta somewhat disagree with you on Malgus.

If it was just to be in charge, well, that was ALL sith of the original start of the game - all fighting over who got to be in charge.

The thing is, Malgus went above and beyond the normal Sith way of going for power by leaning on aliens, which a Xenophobic empire NEVER did. He saw an opportunity where the Empire didn't, and thus always believed in going about it a more inclusive, albeit still Sith way. As such, I could see him having both a jealous streak and admiration for your character if you play on the imperial side, because you essentially both reformed the Empire (which is what he was trying to do), and on the heels of that, essentially achieved his dream with Oddessen - a model of where he wanted the Empire to be in the end.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him approach your character under a truce to drop some truth bombs to move the story forward as such.

If it was just to be in charge, well, that was ALL sith of the original start of the game - all fighting over who got to be in charge.

The thing is, Malgus went above and beyond the normal Sith way of going for power by leaning on aliens, which a Xenophobic empire NEVER did. He saw an opportunity where the Empire didn't, and thus always believed in going about it a more inclusive, albeit still Sith way. As such, I could see him having both a jealous streak and admiration for your character if you play on the imperial side, because you essentially both reformed the Empire (which is what he was trying to do), and on the heels of that, essentially achieved his dream with Oddessen - a model of where he wanted the Empire to be in the end.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him approach your character under a truce to drop some truth bombs to move the story forward as such.

Never said he didn't WANT the Empire to change, but I also believe a lot of his way of going about it stank of power hunger to me. He could have done it without naming himself supreme emperor in the process, he KNEW that would ruffle many feathers. The Empire has existed with the Dark Council as it basic leadership in almost every facet of daily life for millenia, him coming in from outside it and attempting to seize power was never in a million years going to end well. If he'd simply pushed his reforms through the Council members whos ears he already has and worked from behind the scenes (much like our character themselves ends up doing pretty much) he could have achieved his goals. His power lust is what doomed them imo.

I'm sure if we can turn her back, she would not sound like that anymore.

I always think she deserves the chance than Arcann because she was tortured into such terrible being.

Not trying to start a fuss … but what happens if Darth Malgus hears about the emperors body and what has happened to Satele. Then decides to see if he (Malgus) can cash in !... Making him the next immortal Emperor ! He secretly makes a run for the ship that has Satele and her associates.

:eek:

I'm not saying that he would succeed... but IMO .. talk about a foot race against time and a fight to the finish to STOP Malgus …

YIKES !

Then again .. Maybe not. Too many people would have to buy new computer screens or keyboards !!

:D

I'm sure if we can turn her back, she would not sound like that anymore.

I always think she deserves the chance than Arcann because she was tortured into such terrible being.

After what she did to Torian and Vette, if they bring her back it better be with the option to toss her face-first into a meat grinder.

I played through as an Imperial Agent saboteur.

There was 0 content for Vector, which was disappointing. Not sure about the other class LIs, but likely the same.

I enjoyed the saboteur part, especially as my pc was an agent. Probably the general story was the same, but you could make everything fail and then blame it all on Malgus. :D

There are [saboteur] dialogue choices that make the mission fail for the Empire. You also meet with Jonas at the end, and he gives you a brief teaser for a new mission (which is to be continued).

For my saboteur I picked working for the emperor, thinking that the pc was lying but trying to get on the emperor's good side. Hopefully that is what it meant!

You got a choice? I did imperial saboteur last night on imperial agent and Emperor Vowrawn never gave me a choice. They way he talked it was like the Alliance was rejoining and becoming The Hand whether I liked it or not/ I was never asked to say yes or no. But than Lana talked about how we were staying separate. Which left me confused.

You got a choice? I did imperial saboteur last night on imperial agent and Emperor Vowrawn never gave me a choice. They way he talked it was like the Alliance was rejoining and becoming The Hand whether I liked it or not/ I was never asked to say yes or no. But than Lana talked about how we were staying separate. Which left me confused.

Sorry, my mistake. I initially thought my saboteur agent had rejoined the Empire, but that turns out not to be the case (which is fine by me; as long as she stays a saboteur, I don’t really care either way).

The choice I really didn’t like was the one marked as saboteur dialogue that doesn’t save the civilians. When I picked it, I didn’t know they could be saved and thought that option was the best that could be done. Then, when Theron was mad at the end, I had no idea why until I read that there was an option to save them.

I loved playing the new storyline with my sorcerer until the solo flashbook-Operation Meridian. I am not able to being the 822k HP Droid down solo. I can get thru the trash mobs and wipe out. I am as average player and feel rather bad I can't do it. My level rate is 268. HP just under 200k. I thought a combat droid would be available to assist. Do I need to gear up, have I missed anything, am I really that bad a player, Be nice, please 😉

I loved playing the new storyline with my sorcerer until the solo flashbook-Operation Meridian. I am not able to being the 822k HP Droid down solo. I can get thru the trash mobs and wipe out. I am as average player and feel rather bad I can't do it. My level rate is 268. HP just under 200k. I thought a combat droid would be available to assist. Do I need to gear up, have I missed anything, am I really that bad a player, Be nice, please 😉

Thing that kills you there is those floating robot mines that float to you and then explode. Everything else your companion can heal easily. When that robot is summoning those floating mine droids, you want to keep moving until they have all exploded.

Now that I've finished both the Imp and the Pub storylines: I LOVE the way the game is finally back to its vanilla roots!

What I love/like:

-Great story on both sides

-Great music, especially the new theme (login screen)

-So many hilarious conversations

-Meaningful saboteur choices. I committed so many "crimes" (with a Smuggler), that by the end of the storyline I was actually anxious that they would realize what I had been doing. XD

-The Dark Council is back! And the Inquisitor can reclaim their position.

-Nice graphics

What I don't like:

-Insane amount of bugs

-Onderon is really nice, but it's too small

-Companion interactions. There are so many companions now, I get it. But it wasn't obvious if they would respond to anything or not. Like Torian and Shae when you speak with Indigo, I found that out accidentally. It would have been nice if romanced companions (besides Lana and Theron) had at least 1 conversation.

-I'm dying to have Darth Zash back as a companion XD

I can't wait for the next expansion! I think that despite the tight budget and everything, the developers did a great job. Keep it up, and thank you!

On the Republic saboteur side I was confused about this too. They kept talking about the task force to reform the Jedi order, and I kept choosing every option that sounded like "I can't help you" but there was no clear refusal point for my saboteur. Even at the end, Rans was saying how much the Republic needed the Alliance to help and they seemed to be tuning out all of the refusals I'd made. Lana's dialogue and letter afterward were what clarified the Alliance was still a separate entity.

On my Imperial loyalist there was a very explicit yes or no choice.

My romance was locked in, and there was nothing for Lana on the Imperial playthrough. I think they must have forgotten it?

Like kissing Theron, it seems to depend on the choice on the civilian matter on Corellia. My friend got a kiss from her, so it's there, it's just a matter if choosing right options to get it (apparently, it should be the DS option).

My romance was locked in, and there was nothing for Lana on the Imperial playthrough. I think they must have forgotten it?

From what I've understood from someone else who did get their Lana kiss, Lana's flirt/kiss only triggers if you've angered Theron so much that he walks away and Lana is the one who brings up the "Hey there's a party" rather than Theron doing it. Which involves making the DS choice of bombing random targets on Corellia and causing mass casualties.

Like kissing Theron, it seems to depend on the choice on the civilian matter on Corellia. My friend got a kiss from her, so it's there, it's just a matter if choosing right options to get it (apparently, it should be the DS option).

From what I've understood from someone else who did get their Lana kiss, Lana's flirt/kiss only triggers if you've angered Theron so much that he walks away and Lana is the one who brings up the "Hey there's a party" rather than Theron doing it. Which involves making the DS choice of bombing random targets on Corellia and causing mass casualties.

Thank you for the info. I would think Lana would be pragmatic enough to realize that industrial targets would be more practical (that is Acina's perspective, that the loss of industry will be more effective than the loss of civilians) so that's pretty grim and seems a little out of character for her, but I guess they had to write in a 'no kiss' option for both Lana and Theron.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

you dont like being called Commander? well at least you arent a Agent, i got promoted from Commander to Commander
That's what I said. I was a Darth, Dark Council member, keeper of knowledge for the SIth Empire and then I got a military title which totally didn't suit my character.

But then at the end of that story, as my inquisitor is DS, she became Empress of the Eternal Alliance. So I should be addressed as such, but nope, everybody still calls me commander.

So no, I didn't like it to begin with but the game also doesn't recognize my ascension to Empress. For your agent at least the commander title made sense as you already had such a title. But for a Sith Inquisitor it makes zero sense to me.

oh, and considering his history Theron has absolutely no right to be upset, he lost any moral high ground a long time ago ;)
Whether he has the right to or not wasn't my point. I was expecting it. He always gets itchy when it's larger numbers. Then suddenly he doesn't like it. Point was though that this is kind of a big decision and where normally I do discuss such things with my advisors, in this case, I didn't get that opportunity. Edited by Tsillah

Thing that kills you there is those floating robot mines that float to you and then explode. Everything else your companion can heal easily. When that robot is summoning those floating mine droids, you want to keep moving until they have all exploded.

I had issues too -- but I just kept running around in circles and when the mines came out, I just ran them through their own or the droids flames -- that did the trick

just keep moving and let the mines "kill themselves" ( I had to heal up a couple of times, so know where the heal ports are )

On the Republic saboteur side I was confused about this too. They kept talking about the task force to reform the Jedi order, and I kept choosing every option that sounded like "I can't help you" but there was no clear refusal point for my saboteur. Even at the end, Rans was saying how much the Republic needed the Alliance to help and they seemed to be tuning out all of the refusals I'd made. Lana's dialogue and letter afterward were what clarified the Alliance was still a separate entity.

On my Imperial loyalist there was a very explicit yes or no choice.

Even on my Imperial saboteur, you had to read between the lines. There was no "official" option about joining the Empire (which I wouldn't have anyways). It could been my actions during that story as I took every option to sabotage the empire and in fact two dark council members died (actually were killed) Malgus killed one and then I had Lana kill the other so those types of actions were probably not something to offer a choice to return but to stay part of the alliance, yet you are still "helping" that faction.

On my Jedi Sage, she did get the offer to return which she took .

I am curious as to what is going to happen with Malgus now. In that cut scene he orders the doctor to give him the droid and shuttle so it does seem he is trying to get rid of the cybernetics that seem to be keeping him in check or something like that.

It might be the empire has another loose cannon with him again.

I had issues too -- but I just kept running around in circles and when the mines came out, I just ran them through their own or the droids flames -- that did the trick

just keep moving and let the mines "kill themselves" ( I had to heal up a couple of times, so know where the heal ports are )

When i did it with my sith sorcerer i didn't even have to use any healing stations, i just kept running when mines where floating around. Companion heals were more than enough to keep me topped. On my sniper i did die once because i was carelessly standing still thinking it won't hurt so much (considering how easy it went on sorc lol), just to notice it does. :D But when just moving it's not hard at all.

I do like how bosses in Onslaught don't take decades to kill. My biggest hate this far on earlier content has been overly long boss fights. Now (on story content) they seem to melt down nicely and fast.

What's being said about the mine droids is true. You have to keep moving and stay out of the red/orange circles they cast. They follow you. On my toon with phase walk it helped to set a point near one of the kolto stations so she could port away and heal up fast when the mine droids boxed her in.

There are also large electrical towers that appear near the end of the fight so you need to stay away from them.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

I played Onslaught on one of my Shadows.

Onderon:

I enjoyed the story, and I love the planet. I could spend hours exploring Onderon. In fact, I did spend a couple of hours exploring Onderon. And, I look forward to spending more time there. I think it's very well done, and unique. I like the mix of wildlife, and the number of enemy NPCs. And, the Flirron hatchling -- so tiny, so hungry -- so adorable! I really enjoyed that I could skip the speeders and just wander around, meandering towards the mission goals. And, there are fish swimming around in the lakes and streams! Onderon is absolutely amazing. The story was good.

Mek-Sha:

I think it looks incredible. Kudos to those who worked on bringing Mek-Sha to life. I drifted on this part of the story. Mainly, I was wishing my Shadow could tag team one of my Smugglers to take over the Mek-Sha part of the story. I play that Shadow as a cranky goody two-shoes. So, most conversations involved my Shadow wagging his finger, and saying some version of, "that's not nice." I'm very happy that Tau returned, and was involved in the story. Arn struck me as a Tau duplicate. I'm invested in Tau and her story. Another character popping up with such a similar backstory didn't interest me. Lana's comments to Arn are wonderful, though.

While very detailed and intricate, Mek-Sha's claustrophobic maze isn't something I favor. I'm not planning to take my other characters through Mek-Sha. I did none of the side missions there, and have no plans to do the Mek-Sha dailies (she said before seeing if there are Mek-sha related decos). Decos are the only reason I'd consider returning to Mek-Sha. I left Mek-Sha as quickly as I could. I wish doing Mek-Sha wasn't required to unlock Onderon dailies.

Onslaught's Corellia Flashpoint:

I'd give it the subtitle, "That's a Lot of Imps." I wasn't wowed, but I'm not mad at it. I think the best part was when Arn commented on Theran's name. I laughed out loud at that. There were a lot of Imps (I was on a stealther, so skip!). Some bosses. Malgus. And, no deco drops. Phooey. I think the FP looked appropriate, and stayed true to the story, but it's not something I'd run again.

Onslaught's Ending:

I thought it would be the usual end of story situation -- a round of high-fives, a lot of back-patting -- but then, there was The Question. That was amazing. A chance to decide to stay with the Alliance, or go back to the Jedi Council (in the case of the character I was playing). Hopefully, in the future there will be acknowledgment of that decision. At the very least, characters can stop being called by the generic "Commander."

Crafting:

A hot mess. I've posted enough about my thoughts on that. I hope BW acts quickly to remedy the situation.

Gearing:

I'm at the point where I have a rudimentary understanding of 6.0's gearing. Everything is Legacy bound. Nice! And, there are tacticals and amplifiers that do ... things. Things and stuff and boosts and whatnot. Yeah, I'm still sketchy on that part. There's a boatload of gear. I only have three characters at level 75 so far, and I'm swimming in gear. Likely some is junk, but I'm not sure what is what just yet, so it's in to Legacy storage with all of it. I appreciate BW's intent to allow for some personal tuning of gear stats. But, I can't help but think there might have been a less convoluted way to accomplish it.

TL;DR:

Story -- Smoothly transitioning back to Imp vs. Pub. A good story, and I look forward to what happens next.

Onderon -- Beautiful! I love the look and enjoyed the story.

Mek-Sha -- Not to my taste, but I greatly admire the skill it took.

Corellia FP -- It's war torn Corellia looking all war torn. Malgus riffs. He fights. He lives to riff again.

Credit sinks -- An admirable and necessary goal done at points with a heavy, extortion-esque, hand. Needs tweaking.

Gearing -- :confused:

Crafting -- :mad:

The team out did itself creating Onderon, Mek-Sha, and the new FP's looks.

Edited by Nmyownworld