"Back Alley" Mission-Why So Tough?

DodgeRaider

My lvl 23 Gunslinger has been cruising through levels and really doing well. Damage is good, I really like the Cover mechanic, everything is going well.

I got this mission, "Back Alley", where you activate a turret and then hold off some waves of Bleeders who try to kill you and destroy the turret. The mission is a level 20 or 21 one, so everything goes well until the two "strong" characters show up at the end. These guys are absolutely impossible to kill. I'm using every trick I can think of, and I can't make a dent in their health bars. My companion goes down first, then me. Again, these guys are labeled as "strong" level 20 characters.

After two woeful attempts, I moved on to the 3 "bonus" sections of the mission. They went well, including the one where I killed an Elite Bleeder Captain. No problem.

What's going on with these two super-powered bad guys? Is this a bug? I once accidently tried fighting an enemy who was 10 levels higher than me and my powers did nothing. These two guys were both level 20 ( 3 levels lower than me) and they were still just as tough as that +10 villain.

I'm out of ideas for fighting these guys. The difference between these two and every other enemy I've fought is so big that it's almost like playing a completely different game.

I don't really recall it being that bad, but I did use various powers to give me breathing space. Kick, Impulse, Flash, wounding shot etc.

Also once you trigger the turret move away to better cover and don't forget when your companion is surrounded AoE items really help, not forgetting Flurry of Shots.

As above, the turret is there to help you so position yourself where it can get line of sight on the enemies, also attack the same one it is so you reduce damage - so think about blind grenade and dirty kick on the one you're not damaging.

No luck with any of this. For some inexplicable reason, this mission is impossibly difficult for my character. I tried everything. I even leveled up to lvl 24 and went back and tried it again.

These 2 guys are Blood Medics (level 20). I can't interupt them enough and I can't do any real damage to them either. No other mission has given me so much trouble in this game.

Any other ideas?

No luck with any of this. For some inexplicable reason, this mission is impossibly difficult for my character. I tried everything. I even leveled up to lvl 24 and went back and tried it again.

These 2 guys are Blood Medics (level 20). I can't interupt them enough and I can't do any real damage to them either. No other mission has given me so much trouble in this game.

Any other ideas?

Bugged? I had no problem with those guys on my Gunslinger...

It used to be really bugged, where you had to do it several times before it counted.

But, I have gone through there with two smugglers now, a gunslinger and a scoundrel. My scoundrel had a slightly more difficult time of it simply because of single target focus, but she just healed Corso through it. My gunslinger I basically sat next to the turret and AoE'd as much as I could actually. As was mentioned above, try to focus on the same target as the turret. I think my slinger had it easier as she is a saboteur, so her bombs took out the weaks fairly quickly.

Yes, all my gear is upgraded (so is Corso's). As I said, this is the only mission I've found impossible to do (or even that hard, actually). My Gunslinger is a terrific Class, and very powerful, and I'm enjoying playing this character a lot.

I started wondering if the problem is that I drew 2 Blood Medics as the "strong" final bosses on this mission. Does every player get this combo, or is it random for each player? In other words, does this mission give you 2 "strong" bosses that are randomly chosen Blood gang members, or do they always give you 2 Blood Medics? My problem seems to be that these Medics are healing themselves and each other at such a rate that I can't possibly bring their health down to zero. I just don't have enough interupts to get the job done.

I'm going to keep this mission and return to it every so often until I finally kill them. They're both at level 20, and I'm at 24 right now. I think that even if I was the worst MMO player in the world (which I may be), I should definitely be able to take them by level 30. Otherwise, there's something very wrong.

EDIT: I also play STO and there used to be a similar issue in one of their missions. In that one, you had to fight Romulans in a barfight. Most of the time, it was a standard fight. Occasionally, there would be a spawn of extra medics who went on a healing frenzy, making the mission impossible to complete, even for a level 50.

Edited by DodgeRaider

It took me 4 attempts to do this one. It is tough. The first time I didn't know what to expect and got mower down. The second time I didn't adjust my strategy and got mowed down.

Then I moved to another area and took a defensive position. Things were going great until I aggro'd a passing strong robot. I dropped. 4th time was a charm, I didn't even lose Corso.

I positioned myself behind the turret, in a tight corner. As the weak enemies started pouring in I just picked them off with two gun shots each. When the strong enemies came, I put Corso on the one the turret was shooting and went all out on it. Once the first one drops, the second one is easy. Just try to interrupt as much as you possibly can.

Or just ask for some help. Somebody will give you a hand. My sympathies. It is tough.

• 3 weeks later...
Had the same problem with this quest. Made it to the 2 strong medics at the end and just couldn't out dps them, even posted up next to the turret. And I was over-leveled for the quest too. I remember having trouble with my Sentinel with this quest back in the day too so maybe it's just a weirdly hard quest if you don't have you later-level interupts trained.