How good are dps assassins In pve content?

TwistedTony

We're fine, i run deception mostly in hm TFB - burst is great, sustained is better then it was but could be tweaked a bit more. My only gripe we are the only toon in the game who gets ZERO talent(s) for increasing crit and or accuracy and or mainstat.

This frustrates me because my other toons, and my fellow guild mates can push high crit (which deception needs) with force power into 1100+...

I am sitting right now, with an exotech stim at 945 or so force power with 38 crit..

We're fine, i run deception mostly in hm TFB - burst is great, sustained is better then it was but could be tweaked a bit more. My only gripe we are the only toon in the game who gets ZERO talent(s) for increasing crit and or accuracy and or mainstat.

This frustrates me because my other toons, and my fellow guild mates can push high crit (which deception needs) with force power into 1100+...

I am sitting right now, with an exotech stim at 945 or so force power with 38 crit..

Yea that's pretty much the only down side for assassins.

Can't build 1k power without nerfing your crit/willpower.

I've put that suggestion in the suggestion forum but I doubt any dev will comment. I am a little unsure how this was over looked to be honest..The assassin has a tank tree / 2 dps like the Jug and Powertech.

Let's look at my other 50's

The Jug gets a mainstat talent, accuracy and critical. In addition one of its forms refunds rage when attacks are used. Sure is nice for sustained damage.

The powertech gets a mainstat talent, endurance and an increased Crit talent for its main attacks (fire) as well as damage etc - the usual. One of the powertech dps's main attacks as white damage (rail shot) and the damage and armour pen has been reduced so much for them through talents. Assassins do not get that.

My sniper of course has increased damage dealt talents for its main attacks (cull etc), an increased accuracy talent, increased main stat talent, and an increased crit talent for tech and main. All of which every sniper will have talented allowing them to majorly increase their power while maintaining good Accuracy and Crit.

My marauder - the shared class of the jug, still maintains its Increased crit talent and its accuracy talent.

Carnage is closest to the Deception spec - what does carnage get?

Carnage is a burst spec, and while spec'd into it you get 6 percent buff to accuracy - allowing you to drop accuracy mods in favor of power. You get the Crit talent, allowing you to drop some crit in favor for Power.

Carnage has a talent that makes your force scream automatically Crit - Assassins have no such talent (for a spec that is totally reliant on crits)

Now for my sorc healer - bottom tier talents = Increased force crit chance and willpower. How come the assassin is the only shared class that for some reason looses these shared talents?

I was a sorc healer for the longest time, got a bit bored running the same instances etc so i switched to my marauder as my main around 5 months ago. When 1.4 came out, i took the dust off my assassin and started using him (pvp, pve for tank and dps). If I wanted to play madness i'd go on my sorc - but I do not find it fun. Deception is fun for me, but man...all of the above is making me wonder why i've invested so much time and money into getting lots of 63's for my DPS assassin. What's the point? No matter how much gear, my other guildies (and my own toons) will out perform my assassin because they can simply push their power without loosing crit and accuracy etc?

I don't get it, bioware!

okay, new to sin, but theres a perk in madness that gives +9% melee crit on cforce crit that also procs off your surgiging charge procs.

Now force and melee dont have to be exclusive, I mainly played a vengeance jugg, and force scream for instance is still a melee attack. Its 10m like shock / discharge, its yellow damage, its force dmg, but its still a melee attack.

How do I know? Shien form ups its damage, and it only ups melee damage. So maybe shock / discharge benefit from this? Cause I seem to crit a lot more than it says with em.

First thing you should do in an opener (say a boss fight in a raid) is Reck + overcharge - then Discharge, you will most likely crit, that gives you the madness talent for increased melee accuracy - couple VS's, maul, shock etc...

if you look at your character tab when the madness talent is active for increased melee crit - the white damage number goes up but your force does not. Deception needs a couple things to be really viable - I mean, I am pretty geared out so far on my sin deception, but i will never, ever be able to put out the sustained damage that any other class does simply because we have NO talents to increase accuracy, critical chance for force or w/e, or mainstat. This means, to get a good crit number, and to have accuracy so my VS won't miss all the time - I will have low power compared to every other class...

One of our main tanks is on his merc alt right now, who is all 61's (less geared then my sin deception). He has about 1200 tech power and 35 accuracy. I have a whole bunch of 63's, and my force power is 980 with the same 35ish crit as him. See the disparity?

The marauder Carnage tree - is similar to deception (both burst). The stance gives you accuracy, and the talent gives you accuracy. So on my marauder I can drop lots of accuracy mods for power. There is also a force Crit talent, which is great.

Carnage gets auto force scream crits - we get nothing. Carnage also gets rage refunded when abilities are used.

For deception, after my opening rotation is burnt and im loosing a lot of force, i pop blackout and dps more - hard. During the first minute of the fight I am usually on top, then I force cloak and continue. The issue is, for boss fights and deception assassins, after the first minute or so of the fight - you have a 45 second window where you are basically force starved unless you just use your basic attack. This is when the DPS starts dropping down.

We need a main stat talent / Force Crit talent (oh i duno like EVERY OTHER CLASS and our mirrors the sorcs) and we need something to make our sustained better. Maybe the passive damage from surging charge could reduce the cool-down of blackout every 1.5 seconds or something i dunno