Double Experience...

SteelPiranha

I'm having a little trouble understanding this rested xp thing.

When rested, you should receive double xp from what I understand. To me that means any xp gained while rested will be doubled i.g, mobs/mission rewards

1. Lets look at space combat as an example for normal kills. You kill an enemy ship, +7xp pops up over your ship. Does this mean I will receive +14xp? I kill 100, it makes a difference of 700 vs. 1400xp

2. Also, when I receive a mission reward of +5000xp. Is that number already doubled? The real mission reward should have been 2500? Or should the mission reward window showing 5000 be 10000 total after accepting?

I've tried keeping track of gained xp and the log on the side of the screen confuses me after I've fought a few enemies. If the numbers that appear over your head or in the log are already doubled, that would explain it. I'm in no way QQ'ing as the leveling is fast enough, it's just something that I've noticed.

I'm having a little trouble understanding this rested xp thing.

When rested, you should receive double xp from what I understand. To me that means any xp gained while rested will be doubled i.g, mobs/mission rewards

From the manual "While in a rested state, XP gained from killing creatures is greatly increased"

So a mission reward of 5000 will always be 5000

Yes

Killing 4 npc's @100xp each will get you 800xp?

But the amount shown will be the amount you get ... so if it shows as 100xp, and you're rested, then the same enemy would show as 50xp if you weren't rested.

No mental maths required, just read the numbers.

Yes

But the amount shown will be the amount you get ... so if it shows as 100xp, and you're rested, then the same enemy would show as 50xp if you weren't rested.

No mental maths required, just read the numbers.

Thanks a lot! I had a feeling that was what was happening. :)