Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Make Alliance Data and SH keys Legacy-wide

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Suggestion Box
Make Alliance Data and SH keys Legacy-wide

LorcaGneditch
06.24.2019 , 05:33 PM | #1
I know AD was introduced as an incentive to play Umbara FP, but really it is just endless grind unless you go master mode and even then it is nearly endless.

As for SH keys I've just talked about each of my 15 chars getting a key and...it was kinda really tedious.

Both would make things easier and smoother for players.

IoNonSoEVero
06.24.2019 , 05:43 PM | #2
The Alliance Data currency is going away in 6.0.

What do you mean that you needed to get a key for each of your characters? Strongholds are legacy-wide. Once you buy the SH on just one character they should all be able to visit and decorate.

Xina_LA
06.25.2019 , 09:07 AM | #3
YES please... make Stronghold keys Legacy-wide!

If we trust someone in our stronghold, we trust them. Not just one character.

It's such a pain, re0keying them every time they make a new character.
Also when there's a new person in the group, keying up all their characters.

Surely it would mean less database clutter, too?
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--

LorcaGneditch
06.25.2019 , 10:28 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
The Alliance Data currency is going away in 6.0.

What do you mean that you needed to get a key for each of your characters? Strongholds are legacy-wide. Once you buy the SH on just one character they should all be able to visit and decorate.
With the train SH? A pity.

This means that let's say I have a friend John and he has a John legacy. He wants to use my SH and I oblige. But I need to give a key to John A char, John B, John C etc separately.
I think giving a key to John legacy would be much better, wouldn't it?

IoNonSoEVero
06.25.2019 , 11:25 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by LorcaGneditch View Post
With the train SH? A pity.

This means that let's say I have a friend John and he has a John legacy. He wants to use my SH and I oblige. But I need to give a key to John A char, John B, John C etc separately.
I think giving a key to John legacy would be much better, wouldn't it?
They have not announced how or if people will be able to buy the train SH or the other things that are sold with the Alliance Data once that currency goes away. It's a great question (in fact I think I will ask on the main board). I do hope there will be a way to continue to buy the SH.

I get what you are saying on the legacy keys now. For some reason I thought you meant you had to work to get every character on *your* legacy a key to your own stronghold. My mistake. Yeah, as long as it's voluntary (ie, I can choose to give a legacy key or a character key) I think it's a great idea.

Wolf_Knight
06.29.2019 , 03:14 PM | #6
Easy with that add a third key type, silver and gold are character keys as they are now and a Platinum key has the same permissions as a gold key but is applied to legacy or a Durasteel Key would be legacy silver and Platinum would be Legacy Gold Key
What ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger - old saying

Or it leaves you weaker for the next, and the next and the next.....

DarkTergon
06.29.2019 , 03:58 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Wolf_Knight View Post
Easy with that add a third key type, silver and gold are character keys as they are now and a Platinum key has the same permissions as a gold key but is applied to legacy or a Durasteel Key would be legacy silver and Platinum would be Legacy Gold Key
`
You can only give chars silver and bronze at the moment for personal strongholds. The gold keys are given out for guild strongholds/ships.

But yea, +1 on the keys legacy option.
No Idea if people use these, but if so, here's my referral link
http://www.swtor.com/r/jFXFFQ

Xina_LA
06.30.2019 , 07:37 AM | #8
Good point! I really wish we had Gold keys for personal strongholds. After all, people can't steal the decorations, only move them around. The only trick would be making the game show the SH owner's inventory instead of their own.
--=# Decorating addict of Satele Shan server. #=--