Episode VII latest rumor

EmblemElite

The latest rumor is that the new Star Wars movie will be based off of Seven Samurai, as a fan of the original movie and Magnificent Seven and even the anime series. I love this idea! Seven ****** Jedi coming together to kick *** just sounds ****** to me. Thoughts?

Lots of fail in here. First off the rumor is that it is a separate Star Wars movie from the trilogies not episode 7. Also yes Zack Snyder's rep was the one that said he was not involved but Zack Snyder recently flew to meet with Lucasarts reps to discuss a movie idea.

All of the movies have hints and inspirations from those movies anyway. Lucas rants about all the movies and kinds of movies he drew inspiration from in every interview he's ever done. It's really the only thing he seems to love more than himself.

All of the movies have hints and inspirations from those movies anyway. Lucas rants about all the movies and kinds of movies he drew inspiration from in every interview he's ever done. It's really the only thing he seems to love more than himself.

Yeah, Lucas is a known Kurosawa fan.

The latest rumor is that the new Star Wars movie will be based off of Seven Samurai, as a fan of the original movie and Magnificent Seven and even the anime series. I love this idea! Seven ****** Jedi coming together to kick *** just sounds ****** to me. Thoughts?

If they have a crappy director is doesnt matter anyway...:(

Vulture takes the accuracy of its reports very seriously. And while a piece published in The Hollywood Reporter this evening quotes Snyder's rep as saying that the director "is not involved in any way with the new Star Wars," Vulture stands by its story. This reporter heard through a source very familiar with the situation that Snyder recently flew up to Marin County to meet with Lucasfilm execs about the project. When subsequently reached by Vulture, Snyder's spokesperson would only repeat that he "is" not currently involved. One should note the possible political ramifications here of our original story break: Snyder's last Warner Bros. film, Sucker Punch, lost millions for the studio, and execs there could have become distressed at the idea of him getting involved with another studio's franchise when they have so much at stake with their upcoming Man of Steel and want him available for an immediate sequel.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/zack-snyder-preps-non-trilogy-star-wars-film.html

I am petty optimistic about wha the future holds for eps 7-9. I dont really know who should direct it or even if there is a 'best' cantidate but whoever does it should at least make sure that they respet the source material and not try to make things fit some new 'vision'.