"Daily" Areas Now Grant A Weekly Mission And Lose The Area Completion Daily. Why?

Nothing_Shines

I am wondering the exact same thing and I'm glad I'm not the only one. Do we have an error of thought here if Ofcolombia and I think that we're still worse off than before? I don't see how we get a CXP buff with this new system compared to the previous system. :confused:

Yeah, had the same feeling yesterdays's evening, was too late to count and I left it to the morning. All my thanks to Ofcolombia for doing this already!

Exactly this, even with the tripled cxp amount for heroics/dailies it's still a nerf not a buff :confused: :confused:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

Ok, let's talk about what changed in 5.6 and what is changing in 5.6.1 since they are tied together.

5.6 - In this Game Update we removed the Galactic Command interface from the game along with changing Group Finder to Activity Finder. As a part of this change some Missions were removed from the game as they were explicitly tied into either Galactic Command or Group Finder respectively. This is why the Daily Mission to send you to the those areas is no longer there. The weekly is intended to be the "wrapper" Mission for all of the dailies in that area, which is a change we made coming off of the "bugged" CXP values previously. This was a part of the steps we were taking to re-balance CXP across the game but it was missing one part...

5.6.1 - The lack of that Daily Mission means you actually get less CXP than you did previously from the Daily areas, which is not something we want. In fact, we want you to get a lot more CXP from solo Missions in the game. In Game Update 5.6.1 all of the Planetary Heroic Missions and Daily Area Missions are going to have their CXP rewards tripled to 225 CXP per Mission (up from 75).

Our goal with this change is that both Planetary Heroics and Daily Area Missions are great sources of CXP for solo players. These changes in 5.6.1 along with all of the other increased rewards for both group and solo in Activity Finder means you can gain Command Ranks quicker than ever in whatever activities you choose to play.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

PS – As an added aside… due to a separate change we made, each Planetary Heroic Mission will now also gain the bonus from the “Planetary Heroic Highlight.” Previously this only affected the mission which you gained from Galactic Command.

Thanks for the detailed response Eric.

Currently loving the Activity panel for solo content over the Galactic Command panel iteration. Being able to select the Daily area I want to run rather than hope the Galactic Command Daily button would randomly give me my favoured location is a huge advance.

I'm currently averaging 10 crates an hour which I feel is an acceptable return and makes me feel as if I'm progressing as opposed to the initial rate which disillusioned me so much to the Galactic Command system that I stopped playing.

The proposed changes to the cxp rates for the individual missions will be a welcome increase once it is combined with the token buff (also an improvement with giving out the supreme buffs in the crates, in many cases it's self sustaining), additional class buff to 100%, with all the credits sloshing about from running the missions I may even splash out on individual cxp boosts (even though it is only 10%).

All in all this version of Galactic Command progression for a solo player is within my expectations.

Eric,

Thanks for the update, but I still have one question. You are increasing the CXP for each mission in the daily areas by another 200% from original value, this is great, but it sounds like we are still not going to be able to get a "heroic" mission for these daily areas once the weekly is complete, or am I not understanding your post?

Here is an example of why this is still a nerf if that is the case:

CZ-198 has 5 daily missions at 75 and lets add 110% for the Legacy 10% and the 100% buff

CXP would be 790(158X5) and with the "heroic" mission from the GC window with the 110% buff of 2363 that is a total of 3153 which we could get every day, the weekly mission was a once a week bonus and that will not change.

Now with the CXP buff with 5.6.1 the total CXP for dailies at 473 per mission with the same 110% buff we will be getting 2365 each day we complete the daily set. This is a nerf of 788 CXP per day.

Again, I am not including the weekly as that has not changed.

Are you factoring in time?

I found I could have a sizable delay trying to get the final couple of daily areas I wanted to run because of the random nature of the old Galactic Command panel.

Are you factoring in time?

I found I could have a sizable delay trying to get the final couple of daily areas I wanted to run because of the random nature of the old Galactic Command panel.

Never took me more than a minute in a worst case to get a location I need as a last one, more like 20-40 sec usually. Before that just cycle. And as far as I know you can do all the areas first (traveling doesn't take a lot of time, there are still Priority Location Terminals covering all the old zones exc Ziost and I guess Iokath now) and after that just cycle, getting the same daily area rewards. Otherwise you can point out the time difference you wasted while running from the spawn time to Mission Terminal as well :confused: :confused: I'd still prefer cxp amount to be returned to their previous values.

Hey folks,

Ok, let's talk about what changed in 5.6 and what is changing in 5.6.1 since they are tied together.

5.6 - In this Game Update we removed the Galactic Command interface from the game along with changing Group Finder to Activity Finder. As a part of this change some Missions were removed from the game as they were explicitly tied into either Galactic Command or Group Finder respectively. This is why the Daily Mission to send you to the those areas is no longer there. The weekly is intended to be the "wrapper" Mission for all of the dailies in that area, which is a change we made coming off of the "bugged" CXP values previously. This was a part of the steps we were taking to re-balance CXP across the game but it was missing one part...

5.6.1 - The lack of that Daily Mission means you actually get less CXP than you did previously from the Daily areas, which is not something we want. In fact, we want you to get a lot more CXP from solo Missions in the game. In Game Update 5.6.1 all of the Planetary Heroic Missions and Daily Area Missions are going to have their CXP rewards tripled to 225 CXP per Mission (up from 75).

Our goal with this change is that both Planetary Heroics and Daily Area Missions are great sources of CXP for solo players. These changes in 5.6.1 along with all of the other increased rewards for both group and solo in Activity Finder means you can gain Command Ranks quicker than ever in whatever activities you choose to play.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

PS – As an added aside… due to a separate change we made, each Planetary Heroic Mission will now also gain the bonus from the “Planetary Heroic Highlight.” Previously this only affected the mission which you gained from Galactic Command.

uhhh...

225 CXP per mission is not much...

when you need 5490 CXP to get one tier 4 Command Crate :t_eek:

2250 CXP per mission been better :t_angel:

hmm i remember one player here opened 30 crates and got 2 pieces of 248 armor

that is 164700 CXP

732 missions lol

Edited by kenopaa

Thank you for the reply, Eric Musco.

5.6 - In this Game Update we removed the Galactic Command interface from the game along with changing Group Finder to Activity Finder. As a part of this change some Missions were removed from the game as they were explicitly tied into either Galactic Command or Group Finder respectively. This is why the Daily Mission to send you to the those areas is no longer there.

I don't have the techno-programming-whatever it is called knowledge about this. I'm looking at the result. I don't understand how it's possible to tie daily areas to the Activities Window, and get the transport, for weeklies. Yet, removing the weekly from the Activities Window, changing it to a daily there, is not possible. For example, the Activities Windows works for the Black Hole weekly. Yet that same Activities Window is incapable of being used for the Black Hole daily, with the weekly removed from the Activities Window. Why not have daily areas on the Activities Window, and leave the weekly on the area's mission terminal?

I'm at the same place as Ofcolombia, JattaGin and others about there seeming to still be a loss in CXP granted with 5.6.1 compared to pre-5.6. And, I'm wondering: are the 5.6 and 5.6.1 daily area changes meant to roll up the pre-5.6 CXP gains from daily areas if done, well daily, into a one time run? Not including Heroics in this, literally referring to daily areas.

Is the goal to make daily areas not worth running daily, only worth doing once a week? I'm getting the impression that the end goal is to discourage players from regularly doing daily areas, instead doing daily areas once a week. As in, you want players to do them, but not every day. If so, that's an odd perspective for "daily" areas.

Never took me more than a minute in a worst case to get a location I need as a last one, more like 20-40 sec usually. Before that just cycle. And as far as I know you can do all the areas first (traveling doesn't take a lot of time, there are still Priority Location Terminals covering all the old zones exc Ziost and I guess Iokath now) and after that just cycle, getting the same daily area rewards. Otherwise you can point out the time difference you wasted while running from the spawn time to Mission Terminal as well :confused: :confused: I'd still prefer cxp amount to be returned to their previous values.

Glad it took you only a minute. It normally took me at least 5 minutes to find the location I wanted or when I grouped up with my boyfriend it took us 5-10 minutes to get the same location to go and do missions together so this change to finding the mission you want is greatly appreciated by us.

Edited by casirabit

Eric,

I strongly suspect that you are not interested in having to actually communicate with us, and prefer to react to issues rather than communicate changes before they go live, but if you ever want to get better at your job, you just might think about how you do things, and pretend that we matter and deserve to know things that impact us as players in a timely fashion.

Of course I don't really expect you to change, but I do want you to know that I would appreciate it if you did.

Eric,

Thanks for the update, but I still have one question. You are increasing the CXP for each mission in the daily areas by another 200% from original value, this is great, but it sounds like we are still not going to be able to get a "heroic" mission for these daily areas once the weekly is complete, or am I not understanding your post?

Here is an example of why this is still a nerf if that is the case:

CZ-198 has 5 daily missions at 75 and lets add 110% for the Legacy 10% and the 100% buff

CXP would be 790(158X5) and with the "heroic" mission from the GC window with the 110% buff of 2363 that is a total of 3153 which we could get every day, the weekly mission was a once a week bonus and that will not change.

Now with the CXP buff with 5.6.1 the total CXP for dailies at 473 per mission with the same 110% buff we will be getting 2365 each day we complete the daily set. This is a nerf of 788 CXP per day.

Again, I am not including the weekly as that has not changed.

^This. BW isn’t doing anyone a favor. They’ve nuked the CXP for the daily areas with 5.6 and are acting like slightly increasing the CXP after that nerf is a gift.

It’s still a nerf. Dailies are now weeklies.

Hey folks,

Sorry but this makes zero sense. The missions' container has just changed, it was called A or B before and is now called C, but the missions are the same.

1) is this a reason to access them only once a week instead of daily now ?

2) why remove the daily bundle at all ?

3) why remove the teleport into the daily ? Once you've TPd via the list's weekly, it's gone (how I found out : while on Ziost, I clicked on "weekly" wher Ziost had been moments before and ended up in the black hole, then Ziost orbital Station, yay)

For the millionth time : if it aint broken why fix it ???

It does seem this is a step backwards and offers little intensive to complete the daily missions.

The interface itself seems like a step backwards, where before we had a galactic command screen in some way a representation of our role of galactic commander, we now have a list. Is the entire game going to be 'improved' till it is a text based mmo.

The new system may offer a slight improvement in selecting what you want to do but as far as dailies its a step back as I could always go to the terminal and pick up the weekly, I didn't need the activities (something that sounds more childish than I'd like) window to do it. While any improvement in speed is due to removing the daily GC reward so its not like its a better systems its just removed the bit that meant I had to click a bunch of times to find the dailies I wanted.

This pretty much keeps up with the theme of 2017, which has to do as little as possible and when doing something do it as bad as possible. If the plan hasn't been to kill the game its a damn good impersonation of a team thats looking to do that.

Glad it took you only a minute. It normally took me at least 5 minutes to find the location I wanted or when I grouped up with my boyfriend it took us 5-10 minutes to get the same location to go and do missions together so this change to finding the mission you want is greatly appreciated by us.

Well, you know when you were GROUPED pre-change it usually took twice LESS time than twice MORE time, cause each person was able to click his/her own Daily Area and these were shareable. Sorry if you didn't know about that. I did it with my girlfriend on a daily basis and it helped to SAVE time not the opposite. 10 min to rotate, where do you even take this numbers from, I'm sorry but I don't believe a single word here.

Well, you know when you were GROUPED pre-change it usually took twice LESS time than twice MORE time, cause each person was able to click his/her own Daily Area and these were shareable. Sorry if you didn't know about that. I did it with my girlfriend on a daily basis and it helped to SAVE time not the opposite. 10 min to rotate, where do you even take this numbers from, I'm sorry but I don't believe a single word here.

Okay smart ***. The daily areas were always shareable but what was not shareable was the mission you got from the command box and yes I damn well know what I am talking about because we tried to do it that way to share the command box mission and it would let us and I been playing this game long enough to know what I am talking about (and longer than you have). We did these areas long before the expansions. I know how long it took us so as far as you believing me I don't give a damn whether you do or not.

And on that note goodbye.

Edited by casirabit

uhhh...

225 CXP per mission is not much...

when you need 5490 CXP to get one tier 4 Command Crate :t_eek:

2250 CXP per mission been better :t_angel:

hmm i remember one player here opened 30 crates and got 2 pieces of 248 armor

that is 164700 CXP

732 missions lol

so much for 1 pack an hour

Our goal with this change is that both Planetary Heroics and Daily Area Missions are great sources of CXP for solo players.

I know you probably have me on ignore Eric, so not even sure why I'm posting this. With all of the feedback you guys were given about CXP rates on dailies, and the improvement in participation on the daily areas due to large areas of the game being CXP starved, 225 CXP is where you (well not you, but the team) think is a reasonable gain?

I mean that's a far cry from this,

• It is very clear everyone is really enjoying higher rewards on the older Daily Missions. As a result, we are exploring some options such as increasing CXP values above their base rewards, making rotating daily objectives worth high bonuses, and more. We will let you know where we land on these discussions, but one thing is for certain, higher CXP values are very motivational.

Keith---

So is there going to be any form of rotational boost to the new base value of 225 CXP? As it stands, that's far from motivational to even consider running those dailies. Like large areas of the game that have seen the ever restrictive clamp down on decent CXP sources I do get the impression that after all of the feedback BioWare have been given, you're missing the mark by a long shot.

At this point I have to believe it's deliberate. I've yet to see a reason to even participate in this whole CXP grind (aside from when those daily areas were "bugged"). I think you're missing the whole part about playing the game being fun and rewarding here (not you directly Eric).

Edited by Transcendent

Hey folks,

Thanks everyone.

-eric

This is very nice, but there's a play style that isn't going to be included in the next update. I realize this is minor, but what about class missions and side quests?

Thanks for the answer, Eric, but, like the others, I'm finding your "buff" way to low. You promised us before that we'll be able to get "plenty" CXP thanks to "increased" values - what you're proposing is neither increased nor plenty.

And I don't understand how keeping Daily Bonus was impossible with daily areas, while it's working perfectly for Heroics, especially for Voss, which also has a weekly mission. They all had bonuses because of Galactic Command, so how they're different?

Edited by KeiraHawke

All that you had to do was share the mission, then it would only take as long as whoever got it first. Of course that was still a pain, and I do like the fact that they took the random assignment part of it out, but still I would regularly share with others when doing them.

Okay smart ***. The daily areas were always shareable but what was not shareable was the mission you got from the command box and yes I damn well know what I am talking about because we tried to do it that way to share the command box mission and it would let us and I been playing this game long enough to know what I am talking about (and longer than you have). We did these areas long before the expansions. I know how long it took us so as far as you believing me I don't give a damn whether you do or not.

And on that note goodbye.

You are wrong, the mission was shareable from the mission log. If you went a whole year without realizing that it is your fault, not the fault of others so you don't have to lash out at them and call them names.

Did anybody check if the nerf is different on the other planets?

Now, more probably a dumb question: read the costs for all items via UC have been doubled but supposedly the grants too. Is it also nerfed somehow with the above?

Eric,

I strongly suspect that you are not interested in having to actually communicate with us, and prefer to react to issues rather than communicate changes before they go live, but if you ever want to get better at your job, you just might think about how you do things, and pretend that we matter and deserve to know things that impact us as players in a timely fashion.

Of course I don't really expect you to change, but I do want you to know that I would appreciate it if you did.

I am pretty sure, BW did not know what the 5.6 patch contained, (especially the Companion gift price bug for Imps),

they threw random code to the game engine and then saw what happened, as you see working with pre-alpha version of an game engine can produce lots of unintended side effects.

Did anybody check if the nerf is different on the other planets?

Now, more probably a dumb question: read the costs for all items via UC have been doubled but supposedly the grants too. Is it also nerfed somehow with the above?

About the UC cost of gear, tier 4 mainhand costs 800 UC + Tier 3 mainhand, to obtain.

Disintegrating one Tier 4 stat gear gives you 8 to 9 UC, so you have to disingrate ~ 100 Tier 4 stat gear to get one slot upgraded from Tier 3.

That seems to be a bit tedious grind to get through.

BiS drop rate from Tier 4 boxes is about ~1%, most boxes contain blue relics, which are worthless.

As has been stated the math of tripling the mission rewards still does not equal what the daily bonus was. Would need to a 4X increase where there are 5 missions to get the same CXP as the bonus was. Eric you need to increase your proposed factor four times or just put the daily CXP bonus back in the equation.:rolleyes: