Custom-Built Lightsaber Question

Mobyus

So I finally made a Custom-Built Lightsaber (the new orange-schematic in 1.2) and was disappointed to see that the Crystal slot is "locked." Not only that, but the yellow crystal in it is absolutely stat-less. Not even a +1 Endurance like your starter saber.

Is this a bug or am I missing something here?

So I finally made a Custom-Built Lightsaber (the new orange-schematic in 1.2) and was disappointed to see that the Crystal slot is "locked." Not only that, but the yellow crystal in it is absolutely stat-less. Not even a +1 Endurance like your starter saber.

Is this a bug or am I missing something here?

Or maybe they have it set that way so you can only get the crystal unlocked by using the end game schematics. That way people are not just farming the lowest lvl custom saber for augment slots, there by defeating the purpose of even making the end game schematic sabers(They require 3 BCA/craft).

Or maybe they have it set that way so you can only get the crystal unlocked by using the end game schematics. That way people are not just farming the lowest lvl custom saber for augment slots, there by defeating the purpose of even making the end game schematic sabers(They require 3 BCA/craft).

That doesn't make because that is exactly what they are doing with Armormech/Synthweaving.

It's a bug, report it.

I also hope they add a lot more schemetics before they launch this or people are going to be very disaapointed.

At the moment only 4 new lightsaber schemetics have been added, all with the 'custom-built' title, not very creative and all with boring skins.

I'm really hoping this is still a test and not fully implemented, especially if they are locking the crystal, it's silly as they don't lock the orange armour slot.

Please add a lot more skins, better names and make them fully modable.

Do the new lightsabers require alloys from instances?

The two that I have, Custom-Built Lightsaber and Custom-Built Double-Bladed Lightsaber are Lv20 and do not require anything special. Grade 2 Artifact Fragments, Grade 2 Power Crystals, whatever the Grade 1 white-item crafting material is, and something else... maybe Grade 2 Gemstones... I don't remember.

But nothing special... I was able to make mine and I'm on Taris having never done any flashpoints on the PTS.

Thats sweet.

Question are these "orange" recipes?

If so you can crit craft them to end game status and post em up for sale. Although more rare current end game sabers have better skins and might fetch a higher price. I got the Purple saber from KUS with the blue gem hilt that would be sick to RE into a orange and try to crit craft. Although it would most likely require biometric alloy to craft and again be like the niman saber where the alloys are hard to get and the chances low of critting it.

Thats sweet.

Question are these "orange" recipes?

If so you can crit craft them to end game status and post em up for sale. Although more rare current end game sabers have better skins and might fetch a higher price. I got the Purple saber from KUS with the blue gem hilt that would be sick to RE into a orange and try to crit craft. Although it would most likely require biometric alloy to craft and again be like the niman saber where the alloys are hard to get and the chances low of critting it.

They ARE orange items, so I assume you can crit on them to get an augment.

Ok this is interesting news here. So I have the 1.2 patch but with my Jedi Knight/Sentinel I am not sure if I am eligible to make my own custom built lightsaber based on my crew skills. I have the Artifice/Archeology/Treasure Hunting skills. Does that at one point make my character eligible to make his own lightsaber? He has only about 120-125 points into the Artifice skill so I may need more points into the skill to get it. But the question remains if my crew skills make him eligible for even being able to do so. That's all I got. Out!

Ok this is interesting news here. So I have the 1.2 patch but with my Jedi Knight/Sentinel I am not sure if I am eligible to make my own custom built lightsaber based on my crew skills. I have the Artifice/Archeology/Treasure Hunting skills. Does that at one point make my character eligible to make his own lightsaber? He has only about 120-125 points into the Artifice skill so I may need more points into the skill to get it. But the question remains if my crew skills make him eligible for even being able to do so. That's all I got. Out!

You receive the schematics for the Custom-Built sabers via Treasure Hunting. Keep sending companions out and you'll eventually get one.

PS: This thread needs to be moved to the pts section of the forum

Meh... perhaps you're right... but it's still good info for those who aren't on the PTS to know.

You receive the schematics for the Custom-Built sabers via Treasure Hunting. Keep sending companions out and you'll eventually get one.

What level of treasure hunting mission that we must use to get this schematic plz?

Edited by thunderaan

what's the point in naming custom built stuff? its just a name, that no one other than you sees. It might be nice for the personalization of it, but is other wise useless

just my two cents

I have custom built speeders with my assassin and I wouldn't name them. they are just speeders, and replaceable

• 2 months later...

I have both the Custom-built Lightsaber and the Custom-built Double-bladed Saber which are fairly common to find when Treasure Hunting.

However according to this page there seem to be the reversible engineering variants. The schematics I have result in no research available.

Can anyone elaborate?

I have both the Custom-built Lightsaber and the Custom-built Double-bladed Saber which are fairly common to find when Treasure Hunting.

However according to this page there seem to be the reversible engineering variants. The schematics I have result in no research available.

Can anyone elaborate?

Don't believe half the data in Torhead. It's mined from the data files but not everything is actually available in the game.