LiveStream Event – June 10, 2013

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric, Bruce and god know's the middle one of the three stooges. When is it gonna enter those brains of yours?

If you are going to give a summit, give us something tangable! Tell us what you are working on!!! We don't need a date, just want to know what we can expect.

You talk about transparancy: The mentioned above is transparacy, what you just gave us in those less than 22 minutes summit was the following; "Well we are working on stuff but we can't tell you what. Why can't we tell you? Well, we can't cause we don't have a date yet?"

Guys, even a squirl with a smaller brain than you guys, seems to be smarter than all you three together to know that what you all three said together was simple Merde/ Gezijk/ Merdia/ Merda/ Sheiße...

Edited by Taratahi

It was a bit lean on info, but it was good to hear some sub specific benefits are coming in july, the SSSP is real and is based on player feedback (I assume from the forums) and 3 races are in the que for addition to the game in the future.

Bioware...its time for a legacy bank tab.

Well that was rather disappointing. I guess there were a few very, mostly vague, tidbits of information but nothing worthy of a live stream event. Why do they even do these events if they have nothing to say?

I really hoping they were lying, to mislead us, about rakghoul event as in my opinion this was their best event by far. Yes, it needed some minor changes, but I was really hoping it would return. Also sad to hear about toggle, guessing that chat bubble are in the same boat. I don’t know if it the engine, programing, or code but they seem to have major trouble with simplest features, which is really sad but I guess they can’t fix it now.

Personal, I’m just not excited at all about the future of SWTOR, there nothing but vague promise of what might come . Now, that doesn’t mean I don’t like the game or I am going to quit, I just wish their was something that I was exicted about coming this summer. Oh well, hopefully the new event will be fun.

Fail Fail Fail Fail

Fail Fail

Bioware you are pathetic!

Holy cow cowboy, chillz. Okay, ill actually read the post of what's going on before I...

WOW, look at all the info on PVP, omg, it's going to be epic! Oh...wait....yah...pvp.

so is the rakghoul plague the next recurring event or did they say its not coming back?

Actually they neither denied nor confirmed under the pretence of: The Raghoul Virus has been erased of this world... However! The Currency from it, the Raghoul DNA you might want to hold onto it.

It's you're standard SW:TOR answer... You dont' get any tangible respawns whatsoever... you just get perfectly wasted O² instead.

For the Dev, I complimented you guys when you started fixing the achievements, this is me me dissapointed in you..; and I kinda want to say; 'again'.

I won't go to rift, but Elder Scrolls I'm watching you... And if that still fails: League of Legends and Guild Wars 2 WvW :)

Rift is going FTP in 2 days!? Sign me up!

I played that game for nearly a year...got really disgusted with everyone and their uncle for running fotm op specs...then it seemed like the ENTIRE game was playing a few cookie cutter Cleric specs...that (on top of their abomination of a macro system -one button mashing was possible) made me quit for this one when this one was in Beta.

Went back last month when I heard about pop. climbing from ftp announcement (also out of complete disgust with this one) and resubbed...happy to say my previous issues had been adressed some time ago and pop is already increasing dramatically (returning players like me) even before ftp hits. So if you sign up I'll see you there :) Gonna stay a sub even when ftp hits on Wed. and as someone ^ above pointed out...their cash shop is well done and a much better deal. :D

Edited by LrdRahvin

This event could be one of the least informative and coy/cagey events i have seen in the history of SWTOR. On a day where there was no presence of SWTOR at E3, 2.2 was indefinitely delayed and character transfers are indefinitely delayed, this livestream event came across as arrogant and somewhat insulting.

Players asking for information on upcoming content isnt something that should be joked or laughed about. As subscribers and paying customers, keeping them interested in the product is paramount. After the PR disaster that happened with 2.1, seeing a similar pattern with 2.2 and beyond is beginning to make me worry that BioWare Austin may be slipping back into the early 2012 mindset where the players dont know what they want and BWA knows best.

Really, really frustrated with the events of today. All 4 of these things happening today turned it into a perfect storm of disappointment.

I'll be busy at this time, but i do have some questions that if they get answered would be awesome.....

Q 1.

a: Why is every planet except for Makeb still have level 50 Guards and is there any chance they will be upgraded to level 55 anytime soon?

b: I have also heard that on lower level planets the idea of Bolstering level 55's down to the maximum planet level (of say Alderaan for example of level 28) why even bother doing that when it is a lot quicker and simpler to add an extra 5 levels to the guards for added protection?

Q 2. Like myself and most other players. No matter the server and location of the server we are still getting massive lag spikes..... Now i have heard Bioware has denied this as being a game issue. Now if that is the case then..... All ISP's (Internet Service Providers) and all other games we players play (Yes..... We do play other games than TOR you know!) would suffer from the exact same lag issues, but they do not! So my question is exactly this..........

Explain Bioware's reasoning for that statement and please also answer why we are still having lag issues please? Example. I reset my modem this morning due to the fact i was getting 20,000ms to 50,000ms lag spikes on Bastion and with the closure of the APAC servers or most of them. As a result we are forced to merge to the USA servers which does not help with lag/latency.

Thank you for your time and responces,

Leethax

Edited by leethax
mistake

I have to say this event was quite noncommittal and uninformative. We learned nothing new today :-(

Of course it was. They NEVER give hard details at these events. Do you live on Earth?

Every MMO forum on the planet complains about every live chat that every developer has ever done ever. Nothing is committed unless its a news release on the official site or an official media outlet.

Welcome to Earth. Enjoy your stay.

Edited by Arkerus

Of course it was. They NEVER give hard details at these events. Do you live on Earth?

Every MMO forum on the planet complains about every live chat that every developer has ever done ever. Nothing is committed unless its a news release on the official site or an official media outlet.

Welcome to Earth. Enjoy your stay.

Arkerus, go to League of Legends and check out those forums, more importantly check out their patchnotes and let me know what you think about those!

You won't find much complaining their!

Arkerus, go to League of Legends and check out those forums, more importantly check out their patchnotes and let me know what you think about those!

You won't find much complaining their!

Last time I checked patch notes are actual development and solidified. That's in any game. So...what was your point. Really? What was your point. We have patch notes too.

And I play LoL. Its a totally different animal that SWTOR. Its a multi only moba. All MOBA developers work with the community because the communities usually build the game (literally).

I played WoW for 7 years...same story. FFXI, same story (those devs never said anything). Every event was laughed at because it was all non committed information.

THEY NEVER COMMIT IN THESE EVENTS. No one does. No one.

Edited by Arkerus

Oh, look, another worthless Q/A thing. Really guys, you should stop calling it a Q/A and instead call it PR event or 'Pick from a list of questions the PR guys drafted and give vague answers that could mean anything'

FIRE YOUR PR TEAM, THEY ARE DOING A LOT MORE HARM THAN GOOD.

Use the savings you get from not having to pay the salary of those idiots in charge of PR and buy trained monkeys to drive around the office in unicycles while wearing top hats. That would be more useful to the success of this MMO.