Twi'lek Hoods

Sylwaria

There aren't any hoods on the starting gear.

There are some bought gear drop items in the starting zone that have hoods rare though.

I would suggest going to the vendors and CTRL+click their equipment to see it on yourself.

Of course "if" Twileks can't use hoods at all, how would you know any of your gear has a hood unless you see the same item on a non-twillek.

You would need to find someone wearing a robe with a hood then inspect them and Ctrl click it while on your Twi'lek to be sure if it shows, that's what I would do that or go to a pvp vendor and try on sentinel chest gear when you get to the fleet at lvl 10 they always have hoods from what I've seen.

SWG i recall had an issue way, way at the beginning with twileks and helms. they finally did some sneaky coding where the lekku would just kind of stick out the front of whatever helm you were wearing and it worked and didn't look too bad really.

this was in 2003.

so i'm confident that TOR will work something out given it's almost 2012 and technology is light years ahead of nine years ago

I can confirm by my JC Twi'lek today that hoods are NOT up when worn by the Twi'lek race. I won the roll on the orange, rare robe in The Esseles today (12/14/11), and got really excited to finally have my first hooded Jedi robe, only to be sorely disappointed when I equipped it and no hood appeared (awkwardly enough though my Twi'lek's headband which had been previously there disappeared, a side effect of the robe?). I due hope Bioware has full attention of this and plan to fix it in the future, I love my Twi'lek so far minus this hooded flaw (hence my posting / character name).

I can confirm by my JC Twi'lek today that hoods are NOT up when worn by the Twi'lek race. I won the roll on the orange, rare robe in The Esseles today (12/14/11), and got really excited to finally have my first hooded Jedi robe, only to be sorely disappointed when I equipped it and no hood appeared (awkwardly enough though my Twi'lek's headband which had been previously there disappeared, a side effect of the robe?). I due hope Bioware has full attention of this and plan to fix it in the future, I love my Twi'lek so far minus this hooded flaw (hence my posting / character name).

if you hit the hide helm thingie in options you'll get your headband back

Hm, hide helm option doesn't seem to be working to replace the headband here.

Honestly I hope someone from BW can give an answer here, I'm actually considering rerolling at this point, but at the same time I don't want to reroll and then have the issue be fixed. :\

EDIT: Was there any definitive statement from Beta to say what they intended to do with this?

Edited by Nahela

I found out this happens two nights ago (last time i was able to play) and it bothers me to no end. I am thinking of rerolling cause i hate how my toon looks without a headband. I dont even want a hood but ill take one (with brain tails coming out of holes in the back of the hood or draped down the front of my toon with hood up) idc, I just want my headband back. I feel naked without it and I hate how my toon looks when its not there.

I love twi'lek and want to stay one, just wish we could get a response if they are working on a fix for this and ill continue to play as one knowing there will be something later.

halp us twi'leks! <3

EDIT: hide helm on/off option doesnt work to fix this. :(

Edited by Najica

It is a serious thing - at least for me as I am a woman.. Seeing my character without headband with just ugly bald skull is unacceptable.. I hope someone will take care of that soon..

My wife feels the same way, although she also doesn't like the robe/dress look either.

Really hoping they do something about this. I played one in beta and I was able to put the hood up -which was awesome. If i knew this was gonna be an issue, i would have went human.

Would even do a race change.. ugh, dont like rerolling though - ESPECIALLY for the same class.

They used to have hoods, but I guess all the people that whined in beta about their lekku sticking out looking stupid won out in the end. Hopefully this will be remedied in a future patch like many of the other graphical issues/improvements Bioware has mentioned coming.

I've noticed that (as a Sith Sorcerer) I never get a hood but certain helmets will make my lekku disappear and I look like a human would in the same gear.

I did also notice that my headband disappeared when I turned "show helm" off but that it returned the next time I logged in.

This is driving me nuts, too...to the point that I just searched for it and found this thread.

Naturally I got rid of my prior non-modifiable top that allowed you to see the headband. I can't stand the bald head with no headband :( Really loving this character too, but this is just driving me nuts.

sigh.