New ability for Sniper / Gunslinger

Tpynaedka

Guys i have damn brilliant idea. it's not a secret to anybody that Snipers suck at PVP now, so - they need a little buff. And i know what they need. The new ability !

HOLOPROECTION.

Sniper places a mark on the ground for 5 minutes. When this ability activated second time sniper teleports to marked location and immediately finishes the active cooldowns of Entrench and Covered Escape.

Discuss.

The only buff snipers need is to learn to level up, put one point into ballistic dampers and reset them every time they run out.

Which means physically standing up and sitting down, without using roll and without moving once someone consumes all your stacks.

Entirely free massive defence buff and I hardly ever see other players making the effort.

Sniper is hugely powerful when players cannot LOS because played properly they are obnoxiously tanky and difficult to do anything about the freecasting.

Edited by Gyronamics

that would be okay, but i would rather see tech camouflage. works exactly like the mara force camouflage, but be tech.

I can honestly see that working pretty well both lore wise and gameplay. Say add stealth at the end of roll for 4-5 seconds with a speed boost and call it reposition or something. Depending on how much they link to this I could have practically no impact on pve

my pve main is a sniper, and i honestly cannot think of anything we need there. imo, we are in decent shape, but a little more damage would be nice of course. for pvp, we desperately need a leave me alone button. some kind of temporary stealth or god bubble or lol your damage heals me to full is all we need to be viable in yolo. Edited by sumquy

for pvp, we desperately need a leave me alone button. some kind of temporary stealth or god bubble or lol your damage heals me to full is all we need to be viable in yolo.

This. Also compunded by several other classes having those abilities, so snipers get jumped because everyone knows there's an easy target that can't really get away and can't withstand heavy focus. Much easier than going for the sorc, the op or the PT where you know they will either escape at will or stay alive until backup arrives.

The only real upsides of sniper/slinger pvp at the moment is that you get to feel somewhat unique in the sea of sorcs and PTs; and that it's essentially pvp in hard mode - the odds are always against you, and when you do well it's like you just won with one arm tied behind your back.

Edited by wepeel