Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Premades are ruining non-ranked warzones

P-Chan
11.29.2012 , 09:54 PM | #1401
For all you people saying only bads complain about "Gear Gaps" "premades" and the like. I hate to tell you, there is a reason they put in Ranked WZs, they Do need to take out the ability to make a premade for Regular WZs, the purpose of regular WZs is TO get geared for Ranked. Its discouraging as **** to get facerolled everyday, to the point where you cant even secure a *********** medal in some WZs. For financial reasons I had to stop playing before 1.2. I had full Champions gear on my trooper when I stopped playing, now there isnt even champion gear at any vendor. So when I go up against a full group of players in full War-hero gear who can co-ordinate through team chat programs, it blows *** and makes me want to break something. That kind of gap is *********** rediculous. and THAT is what people are talking about needs to be stopped, because THAT isnt fun, and that the purpose OF a game, is to have fun. You elitists out there, that make a *********** habit of being ***** in the game, just remember, not everyone can devote every waking hour to this game, and they would like to enjoy it as well. So yes, Bioware should implment something to protect the casual players from the ********s who try to ruin it for those of us with lives.

Hambunctious
11.29.2012 , 10:12 PM | #1402
Quote: Originally Posted by P-Chan View Post
For all you people saying only bads complain about "Gear Gaps" "premades" and the like. I hate to tell you, there is a reason they put in Ranked WZs, they Do need to take out the ability to make a premade for Regular WZs, the purpose of regular WZs is TO get geared for Ranked. Its discouraging as **** to get facerolled everyday, to the point where you cant even secure a *********** medal in some WZs. For financial reasons I had to stop playing before 1.2. I had full Champions gear on my trooper when I stopped playing, now there isnt even champion gear at any vendor. So when I go up against a full group of players in full War-hero gear who can co-ordinate through team chat programs, it blows *** and makes me want to break something. That kind of gap is *********** rediculous. and THAT is what people are talking about needs to be stopped, because THAT isnt fun, and that the purpose OF a game, is to have fun. You elitists out there, that make a *********** habit of being ***** in the game, just remember, not everyone can devote every waking hour to this game, and they would like to enjoy it as well. So yes, Bioware should implment something to protect the casual players from the ********s who try to ruin it for those of us with lives.
I agree with this wall of text. Some of these over geared premades can make it difficult to even get a single medal. Which is required to get anything at all from a WZ. Especially if you're bringing in a recruit geared character. You get no medals for dying again, and again, and again.

I thought I'd bring out a pyro 50 I hadn't pvp'd with since hitting 50, and put the recruit gear on it. One guy, a lolsmashing sentinel, killed it in literally 3.2 seconds. Yeah, I actually timed it after the 3rd time. It shouldn't have been possible to take 15.5K in 2 GCDs, unless people want to enter the realm of GCD hacks.

Doomsdaycomes
11.29.2012 , 10:14 PM | #1403
I left after 1.2 as well, 3 of my characters came back in champion. I have a full time job and other engagements/games that prevent me from devoting eveyr waking hour. This doesn't stop me from getting involved and improving. Your story is void, and an excuse.

That being said, matchmaking to "protect" the "casuals" would be an improvement. I do not think a problem -doesn't- exist, only that the excuses given for half of the solution ar invalid.

P-Chan
11.30.2012 , 12:30 AM | #1404
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I left after 1.2 as well, 3 of my characters came back in champion. I have a full time job and other engagements/games that prevent me from devoting eveyr waking hour. This doesn't stop me from getting involved and improving. Your story is void, and an excuse.

That being said, matchmaking to "protect" the "casuals" would be an improvement. I do not think a problem -doesn't- exist, only that the excuses given for half of the solution ar invalid.
Who said I wasnt still playing and still improving? Im saying that everytime I DO play, I want to *********** BREAK something. That ISNT Fun, and I am saying this game is supposed to be FUN! It shouldnt cause more aggrevation that real life!

Doomsdaycomes
11.30.2012 , 12:36 AM | #1405
Who said I wasnt still playing and still improving? Im saying that everytime I DO play, I want to *********** BREAK something. That ISNT Fun, and I am saying this game is supposed to be FUN! It shouldnt cause more aggrevation that real life!
Have you grouped up? Have you taken the MK-2 recruit (which comes with 2 bm relics and is just barely superior to Champion?).

I won't deny it can get frustrating when solo, but the problem could be solved by grouping with people and working in a team. Don't say that won't help... because it's exactly what I did.

P-Chan
11.30.2012 , 12:40 AM | #1406
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
Have you grouped up? Have you taken the MK-2 recruit (which comes with 2 bm relics and is just barely superior to Champion?).

I won't deny it can get frustrating when solo, but the problem could be solved by grouping with people and working in a team. Don't say that won't help... because it's exactly what I did.
Yes, ive tried to, the problem is my realm isnt all that into PvP save for the PvP guilds, all I have been able to manage is one other person to que with, and the PvP guilds on my server Wont let you in without at least War Hero gear.

Doomsdaycomes
11.30.2012 , 12:49 AM | #1407
Yes, ive tried to, the problem is my realm isnt all that into PvP save for the PvP guilds, all I have been able to manage is one other person to que with, and the PvP guilds on my server Wont let you in without at least War Hero gear.
Well, keep looking. That can't be 100% true, but if you can't get into a PvP guild, look for other good solo players in your warzones, group with them, add them to your friends, etc... Try a good pve guild, then see how many are pvp'ing as well. (Even my "pvp" guild has plenty of PvE'ers).

I'm not saying there isn't a problem. =P only saying split queue's isn't the best solution. I'm not exactly sure why you're having trouble, but when i came back around 1.5 I had no trouble getting my champions (and a new main in recruit) into a decent guild with good friends.

Also, 1.6 should be here in a few weeks, so good news... WH will be for regular comms and be obtianable within a week.

Atramar
11.30.2012 , 03:41 AM | #1408
Quote: Originally Posted by Hambunctious View Post

I thought I'd bring out a pyro 50 I hadn't pvp'd with since hitting 50, and put the recruit gear on it. One guy, a lolsmashing sentinel, killed it in literally 3.2 seconds. Yeah, I actually timed it after the 3rd time. It shouldn't have been possible to take 15.5K in 2 GCDs, unless people want to enter the realm of GCD hacks.
I'd call BS on that, smash would take at most half of hp, scream+force croush/choke could finish I guess, but that's 3 gcd not 2
Tracer Legacy, The Red Eclipse.
Not reading colored text, it hurts my eyes. Sorry (unless it's a dev post)
L55:Sniper,Operative,Juggernaut,Assassin,Marauder, Powertech,Guardian,Commando,Scoundrel
to finish:Shadow(41),Sage(53),Merc(39). 29.07.2013

Ashaari
11.30.2012 , 03:54 AM | #1409
An additional point that should be considered, and that couldnt be solved by 4 + 4 x 2 ranked queues, is the situation pre lvl 50.

With the influx of ftp players and the increased frequency of pre 50 pre-mades we run the risk of scaring away the very new players.

Yesterday I played several games against pre-mades (with voice comms - and yes I know that for sure, as I know the team well) and have noticed that there are many more over the last few weeks in the sub 50 bracket. As an experienced player with well geared characters at any level it is not a problem for me (especially as we won every match against them), but I do have some concerns that the new players, especially with a 5 game weekly limit, will just decide that they will not participate as they have no chance to compete at all.
There are many players who decide pvp is not for them due to bad experiences before they reach 50, entering the pool again at 50 with little experience would only confirm their worst fears, thus limiting the size of the playing population.

Przemo_No
11.30.2012 , 03:59 AM | #1410
geez, 142 pages on one subject.
There IS something developers need to do with it..
That's for sure.
In one way or another, but they cannot neglect it.
Dark side is a pathway to many abilities, some consider to be unnatural.