New faction ideas

ZevenWalsh

Lately, I have been thinking about ways that the game could be improved. I have been reading the book "Revan" which is based on this game. It got me to thinking, what about adding a Mandalorian faction? What do you guys think of that idea?

Okay, here we go once again(no offense)

Numero Uno: Having 3 Factions really doesnt work PvP wise. Not in WoW, and not in SWTOR. It would cause some issues PvP wise.

#2: The need for a 100% new 1-20 planets. Because you'd need 4 classes to make a faction, following the way SWTOR's classes are set up, That's two 1-10 leveling zones. Then one 10-15ish planet. Then one 15-20ish planet. But THEN BW would have to make new zones on ALL the planets.

#3: The main hub. Mando's are known to be based on DK, but you couldn'r pul this off, as the Imps captial world, is DK. Then you'd need to make a new fleet, or a new planet to accomadate the faction.

#4:The classes, and how they are different: You'd need 4 more classes, all with a different tone. SO yeah, lost of time and money

I know it'd be really cool, but BW doesnt have the time or capital to do this. D:

Yeah, as I think i mentioned, they are part of the Empire. If you want a mando theme, and if you RP, you could join a Mando RP guild. I've seen it done where they RP as a 'neutral' clan of mandolorians, where they RP on non-Imp planets (Shadda, Huuta, etc etc.) and sometimes pop in on the Fleet for something or another.

• 2 weeks later...
If they were going to make a new faction it would probably be the Hutt Cartel. They could just make the Smuggler and Bounty Hunter for the new faction and add in two new classes. Maybe brawler/ gladiator type class that mirrors Knights and Warriors, and a tech guy that mirrors Consular and Inquisitor. They could replace the Smuggler with an SIS Agent and the Bounty Hunter with an Imperial Trooper or something.

If they ever add a new faction, it's probably already planned and something that will come out of the story, For example, depending on future events, it would be possible for a new faction to form of light side sith and gray jedi, who oppose both the empire and the republic. Not saying that's planned, bit if there is a new faction at some point, I think it will be something like that, not a faction that exists in game now.

• 5 weeks later...
you guys are being to technical about this! lets go back to kotor, mandos are based on their home world Dxun! so in this case, maybe dont make this a new faction, make mandalorians neutral or "independant" and allow them to fight for either the pubs or imps. i think this would be great for the game, but since it has large implications, i think itd be best to use it as an expansion. for one, it would give us at least 2 planets! Dxun for lvls 1-10, and then Onderon for lvls 10-15ish. and back to the idea of making mandos a whole "faction", just make them a class. i know im aware that the BH gets to be a mandalorian, but thats just a dumb title that doesnt effect them. this would be a class based on their true values. obviously this class would be mainly ranged, but i think itd be awesome to let them have a lot of melee abilities. overall, i think this would be awesome

What in the world makes you think Dxun... which isn't actually even a planet, but rather a moon (of the planet Onderon), is the home planet of the Mandos?

I guess it doesn't have to be real history for people to be bad students :(

I think BH's are plenty Mando enough for the Mando fanboys. Mandos aren't a "class" in the Star Wars universe anyway. They are just a cross section of organized vagrants who like war. They traditionally tend to fall into the already existing classes of Commando/Trooper (IDK why I always want to call the entire Trooper class Commando no matter what, lol) or BH that we have in SWTOR.

If you're going to suggest Mandos as a class at least offer something more than "Mandos are really cool and I like them a lot so they should be a class" as your brainstorming for what the class would entail.

Edited by Orien

What in the world makes you think Dxun... which isn't actually even a planet, but rather a moon (of the planet Onderon), is the home planet of the Mandos?

I guess it doesn't have to be real history for people to be bad students :(

I think BH's are plenty Mando enough for the Mando fanboys. Mandos aren't a "class" in the Star Wars universe anyway. They are just a cross section of organized vagrants who like war. They traditionally tend to fall into the already existing classes of Commando/Trooper (IDK why I always want to call the entire Trooper class Commando no matter what, lol) or BH that we have in SWTOR.

If you're going to suggest Mandos as a class at least offer something more than "Mandos are really cool and I like them a lot so they should be a class" as your brainstorming for what the class would entail.

my guess is his back ground for mandos came from kotor 2.