Super Serious Starfighter Saturday on The Harbinger, February 25th

Drakkolich

On February 25th at 7pm Eastern and continuing until 10pm Eastern were gathering up all the premades again to fight it out in a night of no holds barred action! We invite anyone and everyone to make a team of 4 players, get your best ships ready and queue up!

The rules are simple make a 4 man team, queue up and play to win!

Where: The Harbinger Server

When: Februay 25th, 7pm-10pm Eastern Time (EDT) / 4pm-7pm Pacific Standard Time (PST) / 12am-3am Cordinated Universal Time (UTC) (For anyone still confused by Time zones please consult this map http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/)

How: Duke it out by queueing a GSF team on either side

I'll be helping players find a team once again!

If you want to be put on the List of players without team, please let me know the following:

-What time you can be on for. Example: 1: I can play all 3 hours 2: I can only be there for the last 2 hours.

-What faction you will be playing on. Example: Empire

-What ships you will likely be flying. Example: 1: I fly only Gunship (Mangler) 2: I fly anything!

-How much requisition you have on the ships you mentioned. Example: 1: My Mangler is mastered, rest of my ships are stock. 2: All my ships are mastered. 3: My Sting and Razorwire are about halfway mastered, rest of my ships are stock.

We will be using our Fancy new GSF Discord for this event! (To clarify I mean the Discord we're currently using for GSF I just meant it's new in the sense of Super Serious events.)

I will be forming the teams from the List of players without a team on Februay 22nd so let me know all your information by then please.

Thanks in advance!

List of teams currently signed up:

#1 Drakolích Saníc Verain Mical (Sub player Xiaoyu/Seung-mina) Republic

#2 Neutrinos, Myralli, Lekzdeq, Close-shave Republic

List of players without a team currently:

Skell, Republic, All ships mastered, Available for first hour

List of players playing solo:

Edited by Drakkolich

um no please do this on a different server, maybe the Bastion. No sense in the new GSF people we have gain through GC to have be caught up in the wake of the Old Ace E-Peen Olympics. And before I take the full fury of the clique. The biggest complaints of every SS is how hard it was to get matched up against other SS teams. If you do it on a dead server it will just be you. And if there is not enough interest to get games going on a dead server then there is not enough interest in the event to do it anyway. That is unless you real motivation is to premade roflstomp to begin with.......is it?,,,,,,is it? Edited by Lendul

um no please do this on a different server, maybe the Bastion. No sense in the new GSF people we have gain through GC to have be caught up in the wake of the Old Ace E-Peen Olympics

It's one day, man. One day. It isn't going to hurt anything. Never has before!

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

It's one day, man. One day. It isn't going to hurt anything. Never has before!

The biggest complaints of every SS is how hard it was to get matched up against other SS teams. If you do it on a dead server it will just be you. And if there is not enough interest to get games going on a dead server then there is not enough interest in the event to do it anyway. That is unless your real motivation is to premade roflstomp to begin with.......is it?...is it?

Transfers are still 90CC right?

Edited by Lendul

Actually the biggest complaint for Super Serious night when organizing it is picking a server where people don't have characters. Even on Harbinger the server that no doubt most of the GSF population has made alts on I'm still getting feedback then many won't be attending simply because they don't have characters there to compete.

Choosing a server for organizing an event like this is way more important then anything else because everyone wants to have multiple mastered ships to compete. Choosing a dead server while practical for setup queue's makes sense absolutely, however from the feedback I've gotten many many people aren't willing to transfer a character just for a 3 hour event that happens very infrequently.

Saying that if there wasn't enough participation on said dead server people didn't want the event in the first place isn't taking into the fact that maybe they weren't participating because it was on a dead server.

I actually really took my time deciding what server to do this on this time because of many factors. Stuff like Ping for everyone is always a concern, most characters with competitive ships, population and how that will affect queue's for the event.

It was actually really close between Harbinger and The Red eclipse. I feel Harbinger definitely has way more characters for people to use competitively however the amount of trafic at the proposed start time will be an issue as you menitoned, the ping is decent for most players but terrible for europeans. The Red eclipse has definitely less characters there for people to use and I think would need a farther off start time to give people time to upgrade some ships. While the Ping would definitely help the europeans out we'd have the exact same problem for all the west coast players. Now an advantage The Red eclipse did have is that at the time of play the server's normal population would probably be winding down and we'd have an easier time setting up queue's.

Organizing this stuff isn't easy, it's not like setting up a Stock night that I can just pick whatever server I want and expect everyone that is interested to show up, hell even picking the start time is a nightmare with all the different timezones our players play in. For example with the start time I've chosen our Australian players are going to have to get up pretty damn early just to participate.

I hope that gives you better insight into why I chose this server, although I have this funny feeling no matter what explanation I give you're not going to be satisfied since this is an event about playing to win at the games highest level in which you have repeatedly shown you're not that interested in.

The biggest complaints of every SS is how hard it was to get matched up against other SS teams. If you do it on a dead server it will just be you. And if there is not enough interest to get games going on a dead server then there is not enough interest in the event to do it anyway. That is unless your real motivation is to premade roflstomp to begin with.......is it?...is it?

Transfers are still 90CC right?

Tell you what - you go ahead and transfer your mains to whatever dead server you like, and enjoy the lack of pops and activity there. Most folks aren't willing to do it.

The first Super Serious that was ever done was done on the Bastion even though most Aces flew on other servers. Your justification the whole time was that transfers were cheap. So yes I am saying that if there are not 16 people hardcore enough to spend the 180 for the round trip transfer then the event is not worth doing. I expect all the people that use this as an excuse to roflstomp pugs to wax poetic just like you are doing now. All the while pretending that you want to pure matches with the most challenge possible and then not take the steps to actually see it happen. So go ahead and do what best for you as always...LOL. Edited by Lendul

An interesting possibility is that it has been revealed that with tomorrows patch there is going to be a 250% requisition gain for GSF.

http://dulfy.net/2017/02/06/swtor-game-update-5-1-1-patch-notes/

We could consider doing a separate event on a dead server sometime soon so people can quickly req up for it.

Would you like to organize that for us Lendul?

Tell you what - you go ahead and transfer your mains to whatever dead server you like, and enjoy the lack of pops and activity there. Most folks aren't willing to do it.

It's 180CC for a round trip. That is not even half a month's CC grant or 2 months if you just have an authenticator which is peanuts.

Edited by Lendul

To bring this back into the realm of productivity and positivity, I managed to procure a Republic pink-purple gas canister on Harb the other night. Free to a good home for those that participate in SS night. We'll do a random draw out of the participants and give it away to a lucky, soon-to-have-awesome-looking-pew-pew winner! Please register here or on Discord to enter.

-Skell

um no please do this on a different server, maybe the Bastion.

We wouldn't consider such an option. We were long ago left with pretty much no choice but to move to a more populated server for GSF, and we can't be switching back and forth. No one would know where to maintain their characters.

No sense in the new GSF people we have gain through GC to have be caught up in the wake of the Old Ace E-Peen Olympics.

If they are lucky they'll learn something. This is not really a concern for a real meeting of pilots anyway- we always have enough real games that the foodships don't ruin the night for us, so I don't see what the concern is.

The biggest complaints of every SS is how hard it was to get matched up against other SS teams.

It's been a complaint, but it has never been a huge deal. Maybe it will be this time.

That is unless you real motivation is to premade roflstomp to begin with.......is it?,,,,,,is it?

We definitely don't need to set anything up to accomplish that.

To bring this back into the realm of productivity and positivity, I managed to procure a Republic pink-purple gas canister on Harb the other night. Free to a good home for those that participate in SS night. We'll do a random draw out of the participants and give it away to a lucky, soon-to-have-awesome-looking-pew-pew winner! Please register here or on Discord to enter.

-Skell

If you are going to go through the hassle of setting that up, hit me up in game sometime and I can donate some lesser GSF cosmetics to the cause, as consolation prizes.

We wouldn't consider such an option. We were long ago left with pretty much no choice but to move to a more populated server for GSF, and we can't be switching back and forth. No one would know where to maintain their characters.

If they are lucky they'll learn something. This is not really a concern for a real meeting of pilots anyway- we always have enough real games that the foodships don't ruin the night for us, so I don't see what the concern is.

It's been a complaint, but it has never been a huge deal. Maybe it will be this time.

We definitely don't need to set anything up to accomplish that.

All talk and no walk you already know this event too impotent to stand on its own. Which is why you need the pugs to fill in for the roflstomp. Let the clown fiesta begin LOL. This whole fiasco flys in the face of the veterans are the life blood mantra again. Wait tell me again how you all are doing this for a challenge hahahahahaha. People can't be bothered to spend 180CC on this, yep this is extra special super serious...with a cherry on top. :rolleyes:

Edited by Lendul

I'll probably be able to make it for the last hour at the very least, earlier, I don't know enough about my schedule yet.

Republic side, Quarrel with all the important upgrades, Spearpoint with all the important upgrades, Mastered Starguard, Minelayer and Battlescout are WIP but should be just about fully functional by the 25th.

@Lendul. Hey, what happened to you? You used to be the "likes strikes & nice to newbs" guy, but lately you've turned into the GSF Grinch.

I know not all of the forum/chat toxicity you've been complaining about is your fault, but some of it is definitely lead poisoning from shooting yourself in the foot. It's like a binary reaction with you and some other people, if you're on and they're not things are quiet and civil, if they're on and you're not things are quiet and civil, but if both are on things head for the gutter with Tensor assisted boost. I consider myself basically non-involved, but while it's not even close to being all you, it's very definitely partly you.

Maybe consider organizing a peace treaty, or at least a cease fire for the sake of those of us who aren't thrilled by all the vitriol zipping back and forth?

I know the extreme poles of the blast newbs/coddle newbs spectrum aren't ever going to actually agree on the substance of the issue, but given how many times you all have re-hashed that ground it could be done more quietly and more politely.

Edited by Ramalina

@Lendul. Hey, what happened to you? You used to be the "likes strikes & nice to newbs" guy, but lately you've turned into the GSF Grinch.

but while it's not even close to being all you, it's very definitely partly you.

You get no argument from me on that. I am not justifying or making excuses. I guess I just had a straw that broke the camel's back moment and now no longer care to bite my tongue where I would have in the past. Edited by Lendul

• 2 weeks later...

The good news is that I plan to fly Friday. The bad news is it will be on an actual airliner, not GSF. You seem to have a talent for scheduling these on days I am not available.

I realize you want to stay on one server, but I would like to see a Super Serious night on Shadowlands. The population has improved, with more 12 v 12 matches and occasionally 2 matches at the same time. Plus I have characters with geared ships on both factions.

A good Twilight Zone episode: I am in my airline seat, look out the window and see a Mangler charging up its railgun.

Is gone sithing actually not taking part in this event even though it's on their own server? Are they gunning for the 1000 games records thread or something?

Gone Sithing may have the most pilots, but many of them solo queue. There are also some that don't want to fly SSN or can't make it. We're not a pure gsf guild so not all members fly. Also last SSN, mine was the only imp team, in the end, we went pub side and finished the event over there.

As it looks now, the only other teams are going to be pub side.

Sigh. I always miss SSN.

I'll try to be online during the event, but I'll either be yolo q-ing or I'll form an impromptu premade. Maybe with Lucky and her crew if they're on.

Prolly be pub side. If I'm on at all. Damn my variable, on-call work schedule. >:l But you know what they say: "Irl is....irl."

---Donlan

p.s. - Oh, I need the Discord info. Could someone post it here? Or is it in the forums elsewhere? Thanks.

Sorry for such late official entry :p I was not sure how things would be going down :p i heard the Great King Krixarcs will be flying during the event, along with dix and possibly lix as well :) but I dont think during the whole event so ilp be in gsf chat looking to pug for someone I'm sure :p