Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

best solo qued PvP class?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
best solo qued PvP class?

Letsjet
05.15.2018 , 02:04 PM | #1
Knowing that I'll be roll by premade and experienced players, I'm starting out. I have all classes. what are the best 2-3 to pick from to have a bit of fun and learn a bit about my class and others?

I have them all

TYTYTY!!!
"I see you have constructed a new light saber. Your skills are complete. Indeed you are powerful as the Emperor has foreseen."

Lhancelot
05.15.2018 , 02:14 PM | #2
Follow your heart. Play the one that seems most fun for you. You will do better on a class you enjoy than playing one that's supposedly the best which you don't really enjoy as much.
Tired of waiting for 10-69 PVP queues to pop? Join the discussion on
how to make low level PVP worthwhile and fun again!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=946356

Wimbleton
05.15.2018 , 02:16 PM | #3
Arsenal Merc will be the easiest. Operative will probably do better with no help, but the skill cap on operative means there are few good ones and plenty of mediocre ignorable operative pests.
The Harbinger
Imps: <Stop Resisting> Bleloch (Sorc heals), Ble (Merc heals), Beloch (Op heals)
Pubs: <Premades Ruin PvP> Friartuck (Sage heals), Baskit (Mando heals)
Plz buff Sorc! | Never Give Up! | Huttball Tightrope | Get'em All | The 9th Man

Lundorff
05.15.2018 , 02:18 PM | #4
As a healer you will always have at least one healer on your team. Same goes for tank, but it seldom "counts" as much as a decent healer.

As a arsenal merc you have damage and good defenses. Can't really go wrong with that.

As a stealth class you can both guard and ninja a node. Could get boring, but it could also change the entire match.

The remaining classes are absolutely viable in regs, but they are best suited for healer / tank matches if you are new to pvp.

Aeneas_Falco
05.15.2018 , 03:26 PM | #5
A Sage or Sorc healer.

Most pug losses to premades are due to the premade having more (or all) of the healing in the match. It's not the only reason of course, but it is the biggest one. Pugging a healer means your team always, at least in theory, has a chance.

If you don't want to play a healer or just prefer DPS, Arsenal Merc if ranged or Fury Mara if melee. Arsenal Merc is a slightly easier spec to play/learn of the two, but both are among the strongest DPS specs at the moment. Marksman Sniper if you favor a more turrety gameplay style than being mobile. Both Arsenal Merc and Fury Mara require a lot more mobility than MM Sniper. MM Sniper is also one of the strongest DPS specs in Regs at the moment. Go ranged if your internet connection isn't the greatest, because melee specs are much more dependent on positioning and that makes lag more of a problem for melee.

Avoid playing a DPS Sage or Sorc (paper thin defenses, other specs do better damage) or Powertech or Jugg (both hit hard but have weak defenses) unless you really love those classes and don't mind a bit of a challenge. All are actually still quite viable in Regs and the weaknesses of the specs are more of a problem in Ranked, but they are a bit harder to play for a new player than Mercs, Snipers, or Fury Maras.

Any stealth spec if you want to focus on trying to cap weakly protected nodes rather than topping the DPS leaderboard.

Seterade
05.15.2018 , 03:37 PM | #6
most viable classes in order of ease of play

Healer: Sorc

Tank: Juggernaught

DPS: Fury mara, Arsenal merc, and while not real viable in solo ranked, DoT sorc is great for regs, performs well when stacked with other classes and brings great utility for teamwork and doesnt have a huge skill curve

Hoppinswtor
05.15.2018 , 03:43 PM | #7
arsenal and concealment

fury is pretty good too but it's non-stealth melee without much in the way of self healing so you need to understand how your dcds work

lethality is also great but it doesn't have dat troll roll

snipers are still tanks
Hoppin <Death Smile>
Hoppinator (Merc), Hoppin (Sorc), Hopposites (Mara), Hoptimal (Sin)
Hopalicious (Jugg), Oppinator (Operative), Hoptimize (PT)