Wildstar has player housing and player cities... and SWTOR doesn't? C'mon!

OrionSol

Granted

This game Wildstar looks like someone who played WoW, took some mushrooms, had a bad trip and poodoo'd in a box and called it an MMO. Here is the thing... why does this POS game have player cities and housing and SWTOR doesn't ?

So, as you can see from their

Wildstar has Player Cities, that can war agianst eachother

and

it has player housing, and custimization

and SWTOR can't do this? C'mon DEVS! GIVE YOUR CUSTOMERS WHAT THEY WANT !

Edited by OrionSol

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a house. It's called a ship. You need to learn to ask for things that are realistic. If you want the ship to be able to handle different things you need to state what those things are instead of unhelpful comments like "I want player housing" which is meaningless. What do you want to do in your house? What is its purpose? Translate all of that into things you can do with your ship because they've flat out said that city-based player housing is NOT going to happen. Get over it.

Hmmm, dunno about the mushroom trip - looks like they hired the animation team from Jak & Daxter though.

Certainly looks interesting though.

I really do wish our ships served more function than just transport, a place to talk to companions, and a holoterminal though.

Dunno about any other SWG transplants on here, but my YT-1300 was decked out like the Taj Mahal:D

Biggest issue with player housing/cities in that game though was the vast swaths of planetary real estate taken up with totally abandoned cities

Edited by Stressfire

Why doesn't SWTOR have player housing? Simple answer...It was not designed to have player gousing! The closest thing you have is your ship. Because of the way the planets are designed you will never see housing in this game. Let it go.

Oh cool, another cartoonish MMO. Just what we needed :rolleyes:

No thanks, I'll be sticking to games where developers actually care enough to make them realistic (e.g. SWTOR, Elder Scrolls, World of Darkness, TSW etc.) rather than trying out games that take the easy, Jak-&-Dexter way out...

Just my two cents.

Both WoW and TOR have small instanced areas that are all your own. This is as close to housing as this game is ever likely to get.

What you should be offering is suggestions on how to improve your ship.

Ideas like:

1) Trophies. Little doo-dads that you collect as you progress through your Class Story that hold relevant cut scenes that you might want to see again. The final fight with Darth Thanaton. Utilizing the Silencer for the first time. Facing down Darth Jadus. Perhaps little things connected to your Romanced character, allowing you to redo those little things again.

You could have insignias for people who participate in Ranked Warzones and achieve some high ranking. War banners, whatever.

Recoloring of the interior, perhaps. Though, I suspect that would play havoc with the cut scenes being 'one' color and your ship being 'another' color.

Things like that.

Even Star Wars Galaxies had cities and player housing....and that was made over 10 years ago!

Yeah and that caused the Worlds to Rubberband and Lag and caused Players to CRASH into the Houses. That and some/lot of the Houses were ABANDONED.

I'm sorry, but I do NOT ever want to experience that in any MMO ever ever EVER again.

Love how you call Wildstar a POS game.. That game has way more to offer than SWTOR has to offer after being out over a year. The combat looks WAYYYY funner than SWTOR. Sorry but it does. Perhaps test the game and then maybe have a true insight on the game, than claiming it looks bad.

Cartoony? Lol, you're playing a cartoon type graphics game. All I see is bias opinions, which is typical. Yes, it sorta does look like WoW, cause if you haven't known.. one of the DEVs from WoW help create the game.

Oh cool, another cartoonish MMO. Just what we needed :rolleyes:

No thanks, I'll be sticking to games where developers actually care enough to make them realistic (e.g. SWTOR, Elder Scrolls, World of Darkness, TSW etc.) rather than trying out games that take the easy, Jak-&-Dexter way out...

Just my two cents.

I've seen TSW, it may be going for the realistic approach but it's aethetics suck. :p

TOR doesn't live upto totally realistic looks either.

Some players actually want something that doesn't look like what typical western ugly artwork mmo :p For all the "OMG AWESOME GRAPHICS!" I hear about some games, the artwork still comes out as "OMG UGLY!" :p

To the OP...your ship is your housing! What to ask for is more ways to detail your ship! At least, that's how it's always seemed with the class storylines to me. Your ship becomes your home.

Love how you call Wildstar a POS game.. That game has way more to offer than SWTOR has to offer after being out over a year. The combat looks WAYYYY funner than SWTOR. Sorry but it does. Perhaps test the game and then maybe have a true insight on the game, than claiming it looks bad.

Cartoony? Lol, you're playing a cartoon type graphics game. All I see is bias opinions, which is typical. Yes, it sorta does look like WoW, cause if you haven't known.. one of the DEVs from WoW help create the game.

It's like they don't think TOR's gameplay matches WoWs :p

Not just that but like WoW, that game looks more Fantasy Based versus Sci-Fi like this game

I've seen TSW, it may be going for the realistic approach but it's aethetics suck. :p

TOR doesn't live up to totally realistic looks either.

Yeah, but you can't really compare the to in terms of looks because TOR is set in the Star Wars Universe whereas with TSW, while it is a Dark Fantasy it is still set in modern day alternate version of Earth and the Players visit real life places like London, New York, Seoul so those places would have to resemble how they look in real life. So, it isn't exactly fair to compare the to

Edited by Altyrell

Unproven studio, an NCsoft studio btw, run by veterans from WoW. NCsoft has marginalized and destroyed every MMO property and studio in the West, with the exception of ArenaNet and it's GW franchise.

Also... game not released... and no release date announced... so unless you are a beta player (which means you are forbidden by NDA to even discuss the game).. you are blowing the usual "this next MMO is awesome sauce" smoke in a gaming forum.

Cartoony? Lol, you're playing a cartoon type graphics game.

Yes, Wildstar is in fact cartoony.. cartoony to extreme in fact. But hey.. if that's what floats your boat... go for it.

All I see is bias opinions, which is typical.

Irony. ;)

SWG had All that, you sat there bashed, and complained on the forums.

Yep. Despite having housing the game still got trashed on the forums...

"This game is boring"

"This game needs content."

" Why do jedi get everything?"

" Why was my profession nerfed?

"Why can't you fix the bugs?"

"Why do I have to be forced into PVP to play jedi"?

I guess even housing can't spare the forums from player whines.

TOR doesn't live upto totally realistic looks either.

Some players actually want something that doesn't look like what typical western ugly artwork mmo :p For all the "OMG AWESOME GRAPHICS!" I hear about some games, the artwork still comes out as "OMG UGLY!" :p

To the OP...your ship is your housing! What to ask for is more ways to detail your ship! At least, that's how it's always seemed with the class storylines to me. Your ship becomes your home.

Not really. Its combat animations definitely suck and generally a lot could've been different to make the game more appealing, but it doesn't "suck" either. For starters, It's much more realistic than a tiny girl with a sword four times her size that does a ridiculous "dance" move before hitting the mob :p

Tor doesn't live up to totally realistic looks either, that's true, but at least it's much more realistic than Wildstar (or Wow, for that matter).

To each his own, I suppose. But not all western MMOs look ugly. That's an exaggeration. Even WoW isn't ugly, it's just different and not to everyone's taste. There is an obvious difference in aesthetics between eastern and western MMOs, but just because they use ridiculous sci-fi lightning and huge weapons doesn't necessarily mean that eastern MMOs are better-looking.

Cartoony? Lol, you're playing a cartoon type graphics game. All I see is bias opinions, which is typical.

If you don't see any difference in aesthetics between Wildstar and SWTOR, with all due respect, see an optometrist.

Edited by TheNahash

Yeah and that caused the Worlds to Rubberband and Lag and caused Players to CRASH into the Houses. That and some/lot of the Houses were ABANDONED.

I'm sorry, but I do NOT ever want to experience that in any MMO ever ever EVER again.

I keep hearing about how houses were abandoned on SWG, I liked the way UO did housing, you had to log in at your house to "refresh it". After 6 months (it used to have a shorter timer, but I forgot..been so long. ^^ ) if you didn't log in the house would start to decay and in 6 days would collapse allowing someone else to place a house at the spot. Oh and yeah , it dropped everything that was in the house on the ground as ffa loot..:D

Long story short the wild star housing works great for immersion. You can park you ship at your home, invite people over, create mines for rescourses, gardens for food, teleport from anywhere back to the housing, customize and I believe they float above ground to maximize space but I could be wrong about that last part. It would give players something to do but you will always have the "who gives a blank" crowd that only PVPs and kills stuff anyway. So yes it would be great but bioware took the easy way out with the ship.

Even the way the ships are created was lazy. From what I can tell ships are like planets or fleets. There is an instance of the ship and multiple players are In the same ship you just can't see them. So technically I don't think we all really get our own ship we just share that instance of a ship with other players which is the same principle when you walk into a "player owned area" and only see your self even though tons of people may be playing that same section of the game. That's why we can't customize the ships lol we don't even really have those.

The funny thing is from a coding standpoint the ship is basically a room on every spaceport called a ship. That's sad they just port you from room to room and call it a ship. lol that's why you can't just fly off I to space. The ship doesn't really even have that functionality, maybe it will once they release the secret space update if they haven't crapped that project yet.

Edited by Chimerako