>> Casting New Cylinder Removes Old Cylinder Before Cast Completion

DkSharktooth

In addition to all the problems with this advanced class...

If you have say...

Combustible Gas Cylinder Active

and you want to swap to Combat Medic Cylinder lets say in pvp combat....

a. It's a cast time

b. Your current cylinder is removed BEFORE the new cylinder finishes it's cast to swap.

c. Can be INTERRUPTED, meaning you will have NO CYLINDER for 4-6 second lockout duration + NEW CAST TIME to recast it AND can get INTERRUPTED again.

d. You MUST stand still for the cast duration

e. Not ideal to switch cylinders based on the current situation in pvp, to time consuming.

f. It's NOT instant cast off the global, like other classes have.

Please consider these changes to bring Mercs closer to on par in the next balance patch.

Edited by DkSharktooth

I play an assassin as my main and I always switch from Dark Charge to Lightning charge for more medals :p in warzones. I've personally given up switching cylinders on my Merc. A simple solution would be to mirror that of say...the assassin.

However, I feel there should be a penalty. Assassins lose all force so Mercenaries should immediately gain Max heat. There must always be a cost for doing so. You could also just switch cylinders after every death too lol.:csw_fett:

I play an assassin as my main and I always switch from Dark Charge to Lightning charge for more medals :p in warzones. I've personally given up switching cylinders on my Merc. A simple solution would be to mirror that of say...the assassin.

However, I feel there should be a penalty. Assassins lose all force so Mercenaries should immediately gain Max heat. There must always be a cost for doing so. You could also just switch cylinders after every death too lol.:csw_fett:

I don't think there should be a penalty for switching cylinders, it's not even close to being OP by doing so and wouldn't be even close to doing something gamebreaking like gaurd. Switching from dps to medic cylinder also puts the merc at a disadvantage already because they cannot vent heat from dps abilities based on their dps cylinder, so that's how we have a "heat/ability" restriction penalty currently.

Edited by DkSharktooth

In addition to all the problems with this advanced class...

If you have say...

Combustible Gas Cylinder Active

and you want to swap to Combat Medic Cylinder lets say in pvp combat....

a. It's a cast time

b. Your current cylinder is removed BEFORE the new cylinder finishes it's cast to swap.

c. Can be INTERRUPTED, meaning you will have NO CYLINDER for 4-6 second lockout duration + NEW CAST TIME to recast it AND can get INTERRUPTED again.

d. You MUST stand still for the cast duration

e. Not ideal to switch cylinders based on the current situation in pvp, say your a dps and want to heal on the move with rapid shots by swapping to medic cylinder. This eliminates part of the "healing" utility of dps mercs/commandos

f. It's NOT instant cast off the global, like other classes have.

Please consider these changes to bring Mercs closer to on par in the next balance patch.

if your switching cylinders ur doing it wrong, if your dps stay with the dps cylinders

if ur heal stay medic

why on earth would you want to heal others as a dps spec thats not ur job

if your switching cylinders ur doing it wrong, if your dps stay with the dps cylinders

if ur heal stay medic

why on earth would you want to heal others as a dps spec thats not ur job

Example:

- Map: Hutball

- Your Team Has The Ball = Not good to kill enemies because they respawn in front of your ball carrier the closer he gets to the goal line.

- Your job is to cc, offheal, knockbacks (jetboost/rocketpunch) on enemy players to knock them off

- While doing this, swap to medic cylinder to rapid shots your ball carrier or offheal your ball carrier with rapid/healing scan

- All warzone maps are objective based, you should be providing backup heals as your team needs it. It's part of the Merc class design as a support class in pvp. Ex: Your healer is 50% hp and stun locked, enemies are either full resolve or your knockback is on cooldown. How can you help your healer? Give him an offheal until he gets out of the stun to get back on his feet.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Example:

- Map: Hutball

- Your Team Has The Ball = Not good to kill enemies because they respawn in front of your ball carrier the closer he gets to the goal line.

- Your job is to cc, offheal, knockbacks (jetboost/rocketpunch) on enemy players to knock them off

- While doing this, swap to medic cylinder to rapid shots your ball carrier or offheal your ball carrier with rapid/healing scan

- All warzone maps are objective based, you should be providing backup heals as your team needs it. It's part of the Merc class design as a support class in pvp. Ex: Your healer is 50% hp and stun locked, enemies are either full resolve or your knockback is on cooldown. How can you help your healer? Give him an offheal until he gets out of the stun to get back on his feet.

This. True words of wisdom, precisely my thoughts for whenever I PvP with my Merc Main.

Cylinder cycling could potentially make mercs a much more fun class to play. Example:

Pyro merc cycles in his Armor penetration cylinder for railshots and Thermal detonator.

By dancing through your stances, you could potentially maximize your DPS going this route. I support cylinders being off the GCD and being instant, as well as having a 3 second cooldown.

Cylinder cycling could potentially make mercs a much more fun class to play. Example:

Pyro merc cycles in his Armor penetration cylinder for railshots and Thermal detonator.

By dancing through your stances, you could potentially maximize your DPS going this route. I support cylinders being off the GCD and being instant, as well as having a 3 second cooldown.

Main complaint isn't so much about stance dancing as it is illogical to have your current cylinder REMOVED before the cast of the other cylinder is completed, effectively leaving you without a cylinder. Try it out yourself.

Edited by DkSharktooth