>> Why I Hate My Mercenary (PvP)

DkSharktooth

They should fire the Merc designer and hire you instead. Though, you are highly generous to even suggest that mercs have an interrupt. They don't. It's a knockback, even if it can be used as an interrupt for trash. Edited by clearsighted

They should fire the Merc designer and hire you instead. Though, you are highly generous to even suggest that mercs have an interrupt. They don't. It's a knockback, even if it can be used as an interrupt for trash.

Don't forget, it adds resolve 2!

Everybody knows arsenal is broken in pvp. Use Pryo then maybe you can make some legit points. You also COMPLETELY overlooked our stun (electro dart).

sometimes i wish the OP had the power to remove posts like this.

dksharktooth pvps lot in pyro, as you can tell from his youtube channel and his various guides.

I completely agree that Mercs are pretty awful in PvP at the moment, but they are still one of my favourite classes, they are so enjoyable to just throw rockets around and can get some decent numbers if left to freecast >>

I completely agree that Mercs are pretty awful in PvP at the moment, but they are still one of my favourite classes, they are so enjoyable to just throw rockets around and can get some decent numbers if left to freecast >>

Im going to start Frapping some PVP merc arsenal for you all to show you how to play a in PVP because i think 90% of you read 1 persons post about them being crap and you all jump on the band wagon.

I will get in top 3 DPS 99% of the time, thats in pugs AND rated.

Im going to start Frapping some PVP merc arsenal for you all to show you how to play a in PVP because i think 90% of you read 1 persons post about them being crap and you all jump on the band wagon.

Play Objective not Team Death Match. Nobody is arguing that if you turret damage you can't keep up. It's our inferior utility and ease of getting interrupted that gets us in trouble.

Edited by DkSharktooth

Play Objective not Team Death Match. Nobody is arguing that if you turret damage you can't keep up. It's our inferior utility and ease of getting interrupted that gets us in trouble.

If you can see someone cast at you that means you have 1.5 secs to move... always stay near something you can hide behind or move near to stop the cast. it can be done.. ill start Frapping in 2 days when im home and just give a few pointers.

If you can see someone cast at you that means you have 1.5 secs to move... always stay near something you can hide behind or move near to stop the cast. it can be done.. ill start Frapping in 2 days when im home and just give a few pointers.

I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously if you call Fraps (aka Frapsing), "Frapping" not once, but twice.

Edited by DkSharktooth

I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously if you call Fraps (aka Frapsing), "Frapping" not once, but twice.

For a moment I read it without the first R. You can imagine how confused I was by his statement and it's relevance to the thread.

Edited by jgarib

If you are thinking that top 3 in damage means anything you are doing it wrong.

If you want to impress us, show a SS of your Ranked Wz record and rank. I would venture a bet that you are no where near a 2000 rating ...

On my server mercs can't even get into a rated group.. Mainly cause.people making said teams are smart. And they don't want to cary us.

If you are thinking that top 3 in damage means anything you are doing it wrong.

If you want to impress us, show a SS of your Ranked Wz record and rank. I would venture a bet that you are no where near a 2000 rating ...

On my server mercs can't even get into a rated group.. Mainly cause.people making said teams are smart. And they don't want to cary us.

Im a key member on our rated team and ill get you those shots after the server down time. (7pm aussie time)

I'm interested to see them as you seem to be perfectly happy with Arsenal.

But I want to see the good and the bad, no cherry-picking!

Im starting to film my games(rated) from tonight, so you can have an idea of my game play. Just to add I am happy with my Arsenal merc but i would love that interrupt :)

Jholiday ill look into those links once im home, can do much from work atm (will try on my lunch break)

sometimes i wish the OP had the power to remove posts like this.

dksharktooth pvps lot in pyro, as you can tell from his youtube channel and his various guides.

lol nice try defending your friend. He should have posted Pyro video then! I am not going to sit here all day trying to watch all his videos when his point should be clearly made in the video he posted.

And even if he does play pyro, he still completely didn't adress or acknowledge how good our stun is.

1.1k Rating. Damage is nothing special. Wouldn't matter if you made a video, check the class feedback sticky, everyone feels the same about the mercenary class. Bottom line is that Mercs need just a little more umph, not in burst damage, but in utility or mobility.

Edited by DkSharktooth

lol nice try defending your friend. He should have posted Pyro video then! I am not going to sit here all day trying to watch all his videos when his point should be clearly made in the video he posted.

And even if he does play pyro, he still completely didn't adress or acknowledge how good our stun is.

I did address having a stun on a 1 minute cooldown, not sure what you mean.

1.1k Rating. Damage is nothing special. Wouldn't matter if you made a video, check the class feedback sticky, everyone feels the same about the mercenary class. Bottom line is that Mercs need just a little more umph, not in burst damage, but in utility or mobility.

Nothing special your right but im up there wit the rest of the DPSer's. trying to get my hands on a screen shot from last nights rated WZ i was top DPS with no deaths on NC and 49 kills i think.

Nothing special your right but im up there wit the rest of the DPSer's. trying to get my hands on a screen shot from last nights rated WZ i was top DPS with no deaths on NC and 49 kills i think.

I can appreciate the fact that you put a lot of effort into making Merc operate at max level....Doesnt change Mercs utter garbage mobility, and lack of utility.

Yes if you face a team that leaves you alone to freecast your gonna pump high numbers out....as a Melee please understand that if I was on the other team...unless half your team spent the match focused on me(which means you are a burden on the team at this point). I could cut your dps by 75% for the match...and your deaths would go through the roof...and there is little you alone could do about it....Thats the problem.

Edited by Soljin