HELP! Pre-30 Marauder PvP tips, tricks, and strategies please!

aaronlaxson

I REALLY don't want to give up on this class, but I have had NO luck with it. I die almost instantly; and I only put out subpar damage.

What talent tree should I be using? I don't really like being a smash monkey..

What's a good rotation? I tend to just build up my rage, rupture, ravage, berserk when I can, retaliation when it procs, etc.

Any tips? When should I engage, and when should I back off? Should I wait for the group to engage first? I feel so squishy.

Marauder suck until late game, and soon, they won't even be very good late game. For now you can go rage, but any mara spec is going to feel incomplete and awkward until 40+. In 2.7 rage is no longer viable in any shape or form for PvP.

My honest advice is to reroll to a sniper or something else that is getting buffed. Sorcs should be viable as well, and PTs have been good for a long time.

The rotation you use is dependent on which skill tree you are invested in. For example, you should only be using rupture if you are annihilation specced. I will try to give what advice I can:

Any spec: Start most combats with force charge. If you are consistently getting knocked back, however, try running into combat, and then using force charge after the first knockback to surprise them. Use cloak of pain often. Its cooldown time is pretty short, and it lasts as long as you are taking damage. Marauders are very squishy without their defensive cooldowns. Assault, Battering Assault, Vicious Slash, and Ravage are useful attacks regardless of spec. Deadly throw should usually only be used if you need to attack from mid range. If you are high enough level for force grip, it is also useful for keeping you alive and attacking.

Carnage spec: Add force scream to your rotation, especially when you get the ataru form buff for it.

Annihilation spec: Use rupture every chance you get, to keep the dot up. Force scream is not very useful, unless you need to attack from outside melee range for some reason.

Also, you should check to see if your gear is close to your level. If not, there are many ways to get better gear (level 20 pvp gear on dromund kaas, planetary comm vendors, and flashpoints.)

I hope my advice is helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

Carnage and first tier talents are 2/1/2 next tier talents 3/2/0 then get Atura form which increases movement speed by 15% and now you can stick on any player like glue....

The first thing to learn is how to stay in melee range....keep playing until it becomes second nature...