Perfect Fix, almost zero adjustment

abishe

I think the Dev's made a small mistake, instant of building Rage/focus it sud work the other way around.

start with 12 rage each ability cost or build

why is starting with 12 rage a must?.

first you can open with better skills, and leave the openers for later in the fight.

also this chance will really help in PvP, Mara feels crap that they first need to build rage, with the kiteing around it's almost a inposable task.

I think the Dev's made a small mistake, instant of building Rage/focus it sud work the other way around.

start with 12 rage each ability cost or build

why is starting with 12 rage a must?.

first you can open with better skills, and leave the openers for later in the fight.

also this chance will really help in PvP, Mara feels crap that they first need to build rage, with the kiteing around it's almost a inposable task.

For me personally I don't have an issue keeping my rage up. But at lower lvls it was difficult. Lvl 50 it's much easier. The only time I'm low on rage is after a good fight and leap is on CD. I feel other things need fixes and Tweeks long before rage mechanic

My solution:

nerf teladis

I understand the OPs suggestion, it would allow us to open much quicker without changing much else, but I don't think that would fix all that much, unfortunately.

Edited by Sayc

Screw that. Looks like you haven't played BH or IA. I freaking hate dealing with heat/energy and waiting for it to regen. Building rage is so much more convenient.

Problem with rage is that you start at zero. And it tends to go back to "empty", where empty means you're basically useless. Meanwhile ALL other resource pools in the game start at "full" (cold for BH, full for IA, full for Inq), where full means you're optimally prepared, and tend to go back to full. That IS a problem, like it or not.

It means ALL other classes are able to frontload their damage, while as a Warrior you have to build up rage before you can bring your hard hitters to bear. I do get what you're saying about having to manage heat/energy. I especially hate this on my Operative, where on top of energy management I'm also managing Tactical Advantage counts, which are a huge pain. Comparatively speaking rage isn't that bad. Though I still feel that to bring the class in line with the rest, the rage bar needs to be full and tend towards being full passively.

That resource problem I actually feel is the whole reason why some classes, like Sorcerers, are so overplayed. As a Sorcerer, you get a 600 resource pool, and it regenerates linearly, and passively. With talents, it even regenerates faster as you are casting your bread and butter DPS spells. That's just not right. I firmly believe if Sorcerers were forced to use a LIMITED pool, like Assassins, nobody would consider the class overpowered.

In short, OP I am totally with you on this. The way resources work in the game right now is TOTALLY out of whack. Some classes have it ludicrously easy (Sorcerers), and some much harder (Warriors).

This is no different from how a basic melee type class (warrior) works in World of Warcraft or Rift or many many other MMOs. I've never had a problem with rage really at all, I near always manage to keep my range plentiful during combat both PvP and PvE. The Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent both have a huge early burst advantage over the Warrior I would assume because they do have a pool to start with. However if they blow everything they have this quickly they are stuck at low energy levels which also means low energy regeneration. The warrior has infinite sustain with no need to have to try to keep your resource level above half so it won't regenerate so slowly. It isn't difficult to maintain rage levels especially with Battering Assault as a Marauder which only has a 15 seconds CD.

The Warrior resource system is fine. However I can see possibly making the Inquisitor system work more similarly to mana in other games so they actually have to pay attention to it and make sure they don't run out. I don't have any experience using it really especially at high levels but I've seen others comment that at the moment Inquisitors essentially have infinite resources to spam abilities.