What do you want to see in a class change shadow/assassin.

Darkchip

I have not been playing the game for a while. Came back lately. I have not PvPed. From PvE:

Dec. is perfect. Lets hope it does not get nerfed.

Hatred need like 5-6 additional armor. It is extremely squishy and the heals do not factor much. It has 20% armor while dec. with embrass the dec. runs close to 42%.

I have tanked a bit. Seems darkness is pretty much the same, which is good. I cannot say how it compares through.

Some tactical are good. Other not as much (force reg on discharge..). Set bonuses, Death Knell is on a whole level on its own. The over charge (saber ward?) one needs a bit of buffs, so it can be closer in line.

Honestly, what I'd like to see changed is less about balance and more about aesthetics. Between the Shadow and Assassin mirror specializations, the Assassin definitely got the lion's share of flash in terms of ability animations.

The stark contrast between the crackling lightning of an ability like Discharge when compared to the faint swoosh of its mirror Force Breach is staggering to say the least. Were it not for FlyText popping up with damage numbers, you could be forgiven for thinking the latter ability doesn't do damage at all.

Also on the note of shadow, it's somewhat disappointing to see abilities like Project and Cascading Debris limited solely to the Tanking discipline. You lose project to replacement abilities on both damage dealing disciplines, and the visual flair is lost with it.

I'd like to see force leap added to the kinetic combat build... this is both utility and aesthetic from my perspective. As a tank I think you need to "announce" the start of the fight and nothing says "FIGHT" like pouncing on the target. Not to mention Shadow Stride can be buggy, fails to launch and/or ineffective.

• 2 months later...

For PvE all 3 seem to do... Ok.

Darkness has a problem keeping aggro sometimes. Even with DPS mods and relics. It would also help to have an opener with high threat generation rather than Shock or Wither/Discharge.

Deception seems good all around atm. And with Bioware's track record they'll probably nerf it soon because it's not a ranged DPS class.

Hatred needs some quality of life improvements and some defensive abilities. It has virtually nothing to keep it alive in either PvE or PvP. The self heals from your dots and Leeching Strike are virtually worthless considering how squishy the spec is. Having something similar to Static/Force Barrier proc to help keep you alive would help a bit.

Now the rotation:

Either have Death Field or Demolish refresh the duration of Static Charge and/or Creeping Terror on your primary target. Having to CONSTANTLY re-apply BOTH dots every 18 seconds is pointlessly tiresome and causes your DPS to suffer. This is even more of a problem in PvP when you have to switch targets considering Hatred is about PROLONGED pressure.

It would also be nice if Hatred dots didn't damage targets affected by Whirlwind.

It seems to be necessary to go Kinetic/Darkness to get anything like "Consular", ability wise, which is a shame. As for the Serenity "ability replace" for Project.... "Squelch? Squelch?!? SQUELCH?!?!" What's next, a Force ability named "Wiggle fingers?" I haven't checked out Hatred Assassin yet, but I'll bet the mirror ability isn't called "Tickle".

I wonder whether some Bioware dev has traumatic childhood memories of being hit in the face with a droid or something, given their apparent vendetta against anyone wanting to use Project.. :mad:

We will just have to see what things feel like. I have not experienced the set bonus they are changing so I cant truly complain about the specs. Deception getting flat buffs around the board to compensate their loss of the best set imo is really nice.

- The opener for sin tanks hasnt changed since forever. Its called "force pull" generates high amount of threat and has a range of 10-30 m.

- Yes, phantom stride should be reworked completely, because playing russian roulette between being stuck in a rock, being thrown upwards to oblivion and dying, not moving at all and by sheer luck actually getting to my intended position is a pain.

- A good sin tanking setbonus/tactical is too much to ask [#SIn tanks cant have nice things]...

For phase walk to make its return. For phantom stride to be reworked, removed or fixed. For force lightning to be returned to us the way it was before..

Thats about it really. Balance wise we seem to be in an okay position.