Slicing.. What did expect ?

alrighto

When everyone and his dog pretty much picked Slicing to make money..

What did you expect ?

Fact - Slicing is the most popular crew skill prior to the nerf because it was more profitable and require 0 effort

Fact - The only way for this to stop, (for people to stop taking slicing) was to nerf the crap out of it so people will drop this or stop taking it

The question is if they didnt nerf Slicing this badly would you have considered dropping it ?

Otherwise everyone will just pick slicing....

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

When everyone and his dog pretty much picked Slicing to make money..

What did you expect ?

Fact - Slicing is the most popular crew skill prior to the nerf because it was more profitable and require 0 effort

Fact - The only way for this to stop, (for people to stop taking slicing) was to nerf the crap out of it so people will drop this or stop taking it

The question is if they didnt nerf Slicing this badly would you have considered dropping it ?

Otherwise everyone will just pick slicing....

the only reason slicing is the most profitable is because most people havn't reached high levels yet. the cost to repair items past lvl 30 is more than you made in 2 hours slicing.

once they make crafting worth while, they will make slicing earn more credits, as it will be dwarfed by actual craft skills, much in the same way a 787 dwarfs a pidgeon.

the only reason slicing is the most profitable is because most people havn't reached high levels yet. the cost to repair items past lvl 30 is more than you made in 2 hours slicing.

once they make crafting worth while, they will make slicing earn more credits, as it will be dwarfed by actual craft skills, much in the same way a 787 dwarfs a pidgeon.

Meanwhile there are slicers running around everywhere....

Do you see any other way they can reduce the number of players with Slicing ?

If -everyone- picked up slicing, who were the ones complaining?

I was expecting a nerf, i was, any reasonable man and woman would of. But i was -not- expecting it to be become useless.

Would you consider dropping it if it werent useless ? It will probably get better once everyone drops it lol and its not useless, you can still get augments and missions, just not credits

I didnt pick up slicing on my main but I picked it up on my alts...

and there are numerous players who dropped their crew skills to pick up slicing..

people were complaining because it was unfair to players who didnt want to pick up slicing

Edited by alrighto

Would you consider dropping it if it werent useless ? It will probably get better once everyone drops it lol and its not useless, you can still get augments and missions, just not credits

and there are numerous players who dropped their crew skills to pick up slicing..

people were complaining because it was unfair to players who didnt want to pick up slicing

...Of course i wouldn't of dropped it if it wasn't completely useless. See, thats what SMART people call a loaded question. Its like asking "Would you be a nazi, if not for all the jew killings, and hitler, and all the other stuff they did that everyone hated them for, and instead they raised money to feed orphans and treat injured animals?" then calling them a nazi if they say yes..

I dropped a crew skill for slicing, i admit. But i dropped one i wasn't using anyway.

augments are useless, and missions are both hard to sell AND cost a fortune to attain.

Pre-nerf, it was a nice way to gain extra credit to fund your other crafting skills and gear etc. The money gain from slicing is nothing compare to post lv 30 questing. The money gain from slicing is capped and you have no way to gain more than it provide while money gain from crafting or material gathering is unlimited (esp when the market is mature). If they really nerf it to make it inline with other crew skill, I'd like to see them buff slicing to make it 'inline' with other crew skill once the market is mature and lv50 buying mats, gear etc due to excessive money from their daily quest etc.

Edited by ryancwn

Pre-nerf, it was a nice way to gain extra credit to fund your other crafting skills and gear etc. The money gain from slicing is nothing compare to post lv 30 questing. The money gain from slicing is capped and you have no way to gain more than it provide while money gain from crafting or material gathering is unlimited (esp when the market is mature). If they really nerf it to make it inline with other crew skill, I'd like to see them buff slicing to make it 'inline' with other crew skill once the market is mature and lv50 buying mats, gear etc due to excessive money from their daily quest etc.

That would *make* like 99% of the population to pick slicing instead of just 50%

I picked up Slicing purely because it was a money making skill that was imbalanced

Edited by alrighto

No, what they need to fix is the number of people who picked slicing, hopefully we'll start seeing the number of slicers drop over the week

WHY!?!

tell me that, why does it matter what everyone else is using? DON'T WORRY ABOUT OTHER PLAYERS, WORRY ABOUT YOURSELF!

...Of course i wouldn't of dropped it if it wasn't completely useless. See, thats what SMART people call a loaded question. Its like asking "Would you be a nazi, if not for all the jew killings, and hitler, and all the other stuff they did that everyone hated them for, and instead they raised money to feed orphans and treat injured animals?" then calling them a nazi if they say yes..

I dropped a crew skill for slicing, i admit. But i dropped one i wasn't using anyway.

augments are useless, and missions are both hard to sell AND cost a fortune to attain.

Augments are useless because they are everywhere...... everyone picked Slicing....

I like how everyone complains that Slicing is only good to make credits and nothing else...

thats because so many people picked it..... the items you get from it is useless because htere are so many of it

Augments are useless because they are everywhere...... everyone picked Slicing....

I like how everyone complains that Slicing is only good to make credits and nothing else...

thats because so many people picked it..... the items you get from it is useless because htere are so many of it

I've not met one person, or found one piece of gear with augment slots. NOT, ONE.

that, is why they're useless.

That would *make* like 99% of the population to pick slicing instead of just 50%

I picked up Slicing purely because it was a money making skill that was imbalanced

I'm being sarcastic about the reason BW gave to nerf slicing. It need some tweaking (pre-nerf) like lower the gain for lower rank and have them rank cap with character level but destroying completely is not the way to do it and if they do it this way, they should have just remove the skill altogther.

balance...

this isnt a single player game mate if you have to consider the community and the in-game economy

The thing about slicing, is though. IT DIDN'T EFFECT ANYTHING. Not in a negative way. It added free credits to the economy to buy crafter ****, or mats that we had to sacrifice a skill for on the GTN.

Augments were, and will remain to be useless. Not because of slicers. But because theres next to no gear with augment slots.

I bet you're a slicer, who wants to jack up the price for the missions you do have and the augments once more and more gear comes into the market.

Slicing pre-nerf was too good compared to other crew skills yes but that was because of mission times..post-nerf slicing is useless. rich yield missions can actually lose money on top of the time investment.

The better fix would have just been to fix other crew skills mission times.. That is the only reason why underworld trading for example wasn't more profitable than slicing pre-nerf.. post-nerf underworld trading metals gives more profit per minute even with mission times being obscenely long.

I've not met one person, or found one piece of gear with augment slots. NOT, ONE.

that, is why they're useless.

again... augment slots are found naturally on end game drops AND crafting crits

they are rare because the crafting prof for armormech and sythweaving are so rare... why does no one get them... because at the moment the crew skills are not balanced... more people picked Slicing than anything else..

if crew skills were more diversed then you would see alot more augment slots on items on the AH

You are wrong about why augment is useless.

It is useless because there are no demand on augment right now. The amount of exceptional gear on the market is too less and only orange exceptional gear is prefered unless it is an alt. Blue exceptional is also good for 3 level but then they will be outdated.

The lack of exceptional gear on the market means nobody want augment. It have nothing to do with the number of slicer (for now)

they are rare because the crafting prof for armormech and sythweaving are so rare... why does no one get them... because at the moment the crew skills are not balanced... more people picked Slicing than anything else..

if crew skills were more diversed then you would see alot more augment slots on items on the AH

You realize, you can get slicing AND!!!!! armormech/sythwaving, right?....

and, as i suspected, you're probably just some greedy SOB who wants to charge 50K for augments. But guess what? once it starts making money again, everyone will pick it up!

Lots of people pick slicing and crafting skill also because they use the money gain from slicing to lv up the crafting skill and buying mats from the market.